Chapter Fifty Three

-Joaquin-

I was about to set aside the package when I saw something fell. I checked the floor and saw two gold wedding rings. One was full of diamonds and the other one has three diamonds only. I checked the package and saw another note.

Along with this letter are the Da Silva wedding rings. It is only passed on to the Da Silva heirs and it chooses the wearers as your ancestors believed it. They say that you can only give this to the one you are destined to love forever. Give it to to your future bride like your father gave it to me.

I didn't know about these rings nor do I remember it. Maybe that is why Sophia died and I was able to escape Selena and her marriage of doom. I knew then that my father loved my mother as he did not give this to my stepmother. I looked at the rings again and saw that there was something engraved.

If not forever then for eternity.

It was exactly what I said to Cess when I proposed. I guess I should ask for Pia's help so I can propose to her again. I can't wait to finally call her mine and mine alone. I kept the rings on the box of Cess's engagement ring and wondered if she threw the ring I gave her. I closed it and decided I should ask her subtly so I can buy a new one. My father will leave tomorrow and I decided to see him before he left.

At the International Airport...

I forgot to ask his number but I am already familiar with the flight schedule. I knew then I was right when I saw my father lining up at the counter.

"Dad..."I called out. The last time I called him Dad was at Mom's burial when he drifted away as being with me causes him grief.

"Joaquin." He went and hugged me. I saw he was teary eyed. He was now a shadow of his former self. What happened four years ago nearly devastated him and I felt guilty that I left him.

"I am sorry Dad."

"I am sorry too, son. I know it's too late for regrets but I am glad you have forgiven me."

We both heard that it was the last call for passengers.

"Visit me soon and hope you can invite me on your wedding with Cess."

"I will. Send my regards to Mitch." I replied.

"I surely will. Goodbye son. See you soon."

"Have a safe flight." I waved my goodbye and as I turned around, I saw Cess smiling at me. I walked fast and embraced her.

"Kagabi lang tayo nagkita tapos miss mo na ako agad?"

"Yeah and I am thankful that you instigated this. I am at peace now." I tilted her face and kissed her.

"We all need to let go of all our angers and hatred that hinders us from being happy in the present and in the future."

"Very well said, babe. Now, let's have breakfast shall we?"

I don't know what Cesa and I are now. Our relationship status is undefined that we just fell comfortably with each other.

She never mentions JC and she often mentions she remembered things we used to do. I guess her memory is returning as we spend more time together. I am not sure if she still loves me as she never replied back when I tell her so. Maybe she loved JC more than she loved me.

-Cess-

Nag-uusap kami ni Joaquin sa may coffee shop malapit sa hospital nang tumunog ang cellphone ko. Nakita ko ang number ni Sam. Ano kaya tinatawag nito? It's past midnight na. Yes, nocturnal shift kami ngayon ni Joaquin who decided to have my schedule similar to him.