Chapter Forty

-JC-

"Hey wait up! You didn't asked my name." I chased after her.

"I know you, JC San Miguel. Way back in high school. You won the championship versus La Salle." She said and was walking to the beach front.

"So you were serious of what you said earlier?"

"Hell, no! I don't want to be the rebound. You just look like you need some fun in your life." She smiled and took a sip.

"Yes life had been a bore lately."

"Sorry to ask but who is that couple over there?" Her lips pointing to Cess and Joaquin.

"The girl's name is Cess and that guy is Joaquin."

"Joaquin? The Joaquin Da Silva?"

"Yes why? You know him too?"

"Oh that's why he looks familiar. I saw him on TV when he modeled for Pia Mendoza's Risque. He was sure smokin! No wonder that Cess choose him over you."

"Ouch! So you think I pale in comparison to him?"

"You are still a boy, JC. Some girls like em older." She winked.

"So you like him too? Why not seduce him so I can have Cess instead." I said irritated.

"I don't want wreck something wonderful. No matter how you deny it. That's true love right there." She said and staring at them. They were laughing and looking at each other.

"I would do anything to be the person she laughs with and makes her eyes twinkle, eyes filled with love."

"Ah unrequited love. It is painful but you'll get over her."

"I am not sure about that. Cess is all I ever wanted."

"Oh enough with the drama, we're here to enjoy. Let's hit the waves." Then she pointed to the jet skis.

-Cess-

Nakaupo kami sa sand ni Joaquin and enjoying the sun nang nakita namin si JC nagjejetski kasama ng isang magandang babae.

"Looks like he got over you already." Bulong sa akin ni Joaquin. Ewan ko ba pero nagseselos ako ng kaunti.

"Jetski din tayo. Yun nga lang ikaw magdrive." Tumayo ako at niyaya siya.

"Sama din kami!" Narinig kong sabi ni Sam.

"Let's race." Hamon ni Leo kay Joaquin.

"Loser gets to dance the hula tonight at the Luau party."

"You're on! Let's ask JC to join."

Lumapit sa akin si Sam kasi nag-unahan na ang dalawa sa jet ski booth.

"Puro kalokohan tong alam nila. Palibhasa lalaki. Sino kaya yung babae ba kasama ni JC? Ganda no." Sabi ni Sam.

"Ewan ko don." Sabi ko naman.

"Uy bakit parang selos ka ata?" Tapos tumawa.

"Hindi no!"

"Alam mo bes. Sana isipin mo, hindi lang sa iyo umiikot ang mundo ni JC."

"Halika na nga at baka maiwan tayo." Pag-iiba ko ng usapan. Nagiging selfish na ba ako?

Sina Leo, JC at Joaquin nagpustahan na sino ang huli sa finish line which is si Nick na nakasakay din sa isang jetski sa dulo ay sasayaw ng Hula mamaya sa Luau party. Late kasi si Nick so hindi na isinali sa race. Team A kami ni Joaquin, Team B sila Sam and Leo tapos Team C si JC at ang mysterious girl.