Chapter Eight

-Joaquin-

I can't stop thinking about Cess and I have to stop this. Ayokong maulit ang nangyari sa amin ni Sophia but she beckons me. Nakita ko siya pumunta ulit sa stage para kumanta.

I can't help but feel that the songs she sang was a message to me. Damn. Napilitan akong pumasok ulit para makita siya. I feel like a moth to a flame. I know it might kill me but I'd take the risk just to be near her.

I went at the same spot I was and saw that she brightened up when she saw me.

"I'm afraid to fly

And I don't know why

I'm jealous of the people who are not afraid to die

It's just that I recall

Back when I was small

Someone promise that they'd catch me

But then they let me fall

And now I'm fallin'

Fallin' fast again

Why do I always take a fall

When I fall in love"

I tried not to smile but I am amused. The lyrics were just fitting.

"You think by now I've learned

Play with fire

You'll get burn

But fire can be oh so warm

And that's why I return

Turn and walk away

That's what I should do

My head says go and find the door

My heart says I found you

And now I'm fallin'

Catch me if you can

Maybe this time I'll have it all

When I fall in love"

Nang matapos na ang kanta bumaba siya at dumaan sa backstage. Without me knowing, I found myself walking towards the backstage.

Nakita ko may inabot na sobre sa kanya. She's a hired singer? I have no idea who Francesca Morales is. All I know is she piqued my interest. Kinuha ko ang cellphone ko at nagtext kay Yaya.

-------------

To: Yaya

Do you know someone name Francesca Morales? Mitch is fine btw.

------------

I waited for Yaya to reply while Cess is counting her money. Ang bagal magreply ni Yaya baka naglalaro na naman ng snake. I saw Cess was about to leave. Here's my chance.

"Dance with me" I said and held out my hand.

I can see her hesitation pero pinatong niya yung kamay niya sa akin. Dinala ko ito sa aking mga labi para halikan at nakita ko nanlaki ang mata niya tapos nagblush.

"You're so beautiful when you blush."

"Ah... Eh..." Nauutal niyang sagot.

"Let's go Cinderella before your time is up." I winked at her. Dadalhin ko siya sa hidden gazebo ng garden para sumayaw kami. Ayoko ma may makakita sa amin. I can't be tagged a pedophile right?

"SSaan tayo pupunta?" Narining ko ang takot sa boses niya.

"No worries. You're safe with me. I'll take you to our secret place."

Nang makarating kami sa likod na part ng garden. Binuksan ko yung maliit na door and was glad na I can still fit. Na-discover ko ito noong umaattend ako ng parties dito to get away.

"Joaquin...ang dilim dito."

As if on cue, umilaw ang mga lights sa gazeebo. Well, alam ko kung saan yung switch.

"Wow! Ang ganda pla dito! Bakit hindi ko alam meron pla ganito dito?" Habang tinititigan niya ang paligid.

"That's why it's called our secret place and will remain to be a secret, Cess."

Nagsmile siya at nagtanong "Akala ko sasayaw tayo?"

"Of course and we will dance here."

Bago pa siya makasagot, hinila ko siya palapit sa akin.

"Teka! Wala naman tayong music!" Bumitaw siya sa akin.

I laughed at her. "Do you really need to have music so you can dance?"

"Oo naman. Ang weird naman if wala. How about you sing for me?" I can see her challenging look at me.

I pulled her once more in my arms and started to hum Eric Clapton's Wonderful tonight.