A shadow lurks

I slowly wake up to a low rumble. I open my eyes groggy like and I rub them gently as I yawn. I sit up and look over to hear Lucifer snoring slightly. I lean over gently and kiss his cheek and get out of bed.

   "Shit!" I mutter as my legs ache. All I did was stand as waves of pain shoot through my lower half. I groan as I mutter that and hear a rustling. I turn around and gasp when I'm suddenly pushed hard on my back and feel a soft impact.

   "Good morning my queen." A low husky voice says and I smile looking up at the figure that hovers over me. Two silver eyes glow softly as they look at me intently with a smile. I lace my fingers behind their neck and lean them down as he kisses me. He props back up and gets out of bed and with the snap of his fingers he's dressed and I frown.

   "You have to leave already?" I say and he smiles.

   "You have to go with me. I have to tell the kingdom that there's now a queen." He says and I smile from ear to ear. Just thinking of me being by his side means the world to me. I stand up wobbling as my legs hurt and Lucifer catches me before I was about to fall.

   "I'll go easy next time." He says with a playful smirk and I blush looking away and mutter.

   "Who said there was going to be a next time?" I say and he grabs my chin making me face towards him. I look into his eyes as my heart begins to beat a hundred miles a second.

   "You want to say no to me?" He says and goes to lean in for a kiss. I close my eyes and expect his lips to be planted on mine. Except I get nothing but a low chuckle from Lucifer as I realize he was playing with me. He walks to the door and stops before turning his head.

   "Use the ballroom box in your little bag. The kingdom is gathering at our ballroom at sunset and it will be fancy." He says and walks out. I stumble painfully to the pouch and pull out a couple of boxes. I look out the window to see the clock in the middle of town read 12:57. I shrug and pull out my summer human outfit and open it up.

   "Ooh la la!" I say and look. It's a cute white leotard with a rainbow stripe that goes across the breasts and it's a tank top. The bottom half is black shorts with a cute belt to wrap around my waist and red converse. I let my hair down messy and walk out.

   "I wonder where I can go now? I haven't been anywhere but  impuis potion room and the... library... maybe I'll go there today. Impuis is probably busy with John anyways. I walk down the flights of stairs and I hear a low painful rumble and squeeze my sides.

   "I'm hungry!" I say and look around but there's no rooms in sight as the eye can see. I sigh and I start to feel lonely and hungry as I wonder around the castle. I pass a couple of paintings and locked doors until an idea pops on my head. I hesitate for a second until I shrug it off and do it anyway.

   "Lead me to Mikey." I say and my gem begins to glow before speaking in its mannered voice.

   Yes milady. You will need flight if you wish to get there quickly. The gem shall glow a green as you arrive. It says and it begins to glow very faintly. I run to a window and jump out spreading my wings. Luckily my shirt didn't get in my way and I soar in the clouds. My gem glows faintly as I grow farther from Mikey and I turn back around. I zip past the castle again as I run to the opposite side of town and the gem gets even fainter. I furrow my brows in confusion and soar to the castle again but this time I soar lower to the ground. The gem glows stronger until I fly down. I groan and fly up and the gem starts to glow brighter. I smile as it keeps glowing and keep soaring.

   "Finally!" I say and fly up. I furrow my brows as I notice that it's leading me to the top of one of the pillars on the building and freeze. I look around for Mikey and notice a tall black figure in the clouds just stand there. Two eyes stare back at me and my blood runs cold. I don't see wings or horns on the figure as it just stares at me. I feel as if someone's breathing runs down my spine and I get a slight shiver. I slowly fly closer and was about to speak but the figure moved. It was gone in a flash and there were it once stood was now just clouds. I shiver slightly and look around as my gem glows and I shake my head to remember my task.

"Mikey?" I say and look around to hear nothing. I fly straightforward and the gem glows brightly. In the distance I see one of the pillars to the castle and a bump on the pillar. I fly over and squint my eyes to see a demon is perched on the pillar and I smile knowing who it is.

"Mikey!" I say under my breath and soar over. I perch on the pillar and circle around until Mikey's back is facing me. I run up smiling and attack him with a hug.

"Ah!" He yells as I laugh. He sees my face and calms down as I release my arms from around his neck. I sit next to him with a smile and he smiles back.

"Hey Mikey! What are you doing up here?" I say and smile at him. He smiles before looking down and sighs.

"I came here to think." He says and I slightly frown. Why is he so sad?

"Mikey what's wrong?" I say and he shakes his head. I place a hand on his shoulder and scoot closer as his shoulders slouch and his brows drop.

"I've just been so tired lately. Hell is great don't get me wrong... but I feel like something is missing from it. I don't feel at home yet I guess." He says and frowns. I frown too until an idea pops into my head. I reach in my pouch and take out a small cake and hand it to him.

"No thanks..." He says and I pout at him.

"Mikey take the treat." I say and he sighs before taking the treat. I take out a box and open it up next to him as the light swarms around him. He looks at me baffled with glowing hazel eyes. His body starts to dim again and I look him over.

"You don't look half bad!" I say and look him over. He has two tattooed muscular arms that poke through his sleeveless Nirvana shirt. Blue holed jeans that were cuffed once or twice at the end. He has a black bandana on that ties behind his head and white Vans.

   "What are we doing!" He says and steps back slightly looking at himself. I smile and take out my phone with headphones. Thank god I finally brung my phone with me to Hell.

   "We're going to the earth realm. By the way ya look hot Now lets go!" I say and wish to be in earth realm with Mikey. I take his hand and squeeze it firmly as we turn to particles of light. We close our eyes as we float into nonexistence. We slowly come back and I hear people laughing and footsteps walking by. We open our eyes slowly and see we're in a warm strip of colorful shops. People walking around in bikinis and men with no shirts riding skateboards.

   "Where are we next to a beach apparently... wait! This is the beach that's next to the place I wanted to go! Now let's go Mikey!" I say and grab his hand. He walk down a couple of blocks as women gush over Mikey and a couple men whistle as I walk by. We eventually enter the burger joint we first ate at and we stood in the short line.

   "What are we doing here?" He says and I shrug while smiling.

   "Well I was hungry and decided to look for you to see if you wanted to join me. Then I found you and you told me you felt upset so I decided on something." I say and he tilts his head.

   "Go on..." He says and I smile.

   "We're going to do everything you want today!"