Chapter 3

I continue saluting and nod at the Commander, who nods back at me. I turn around and walk towards my room.

Oh Walls. Please help me.

I enter my room and stare at the mirror, noticing some 'minor' injuries.

My face has many bruises while blood is running down my nose. Also my uniform looks pretty messed up. I grab my spare uniform and make my way to the baths. I have 10 minutes so I better me quick.

***

In the baths I wash my uniform and my face. I look in the mirror and notice I look slightly better. I bend down and wash the blood away from my ankles.

I grab a few plasters and place them on my ankles.

Oh Walls, if his nails weren't clean, I might get an infection. I hope I don't.

I put on my new uniform and gather my things. I hang my uniform, then leave. Checking my watch, I notice I have 2 minutes. I quickly leave the baths and navigate the Captains office.

Finding it, I knock and hear him say,
"State your Name and Business"

I quickly reply with, "Cadet Y/N L/N. My punishment."

"Enter."

I open the door and see him siting on a chair beside a desk. I salute and he starts talking.

"Cadet, what happened to 'I won't do it again?' " The Corporal snaps.

"Captain, please note I go by instinct and you have startled me twice, physically." I reply calmly.

"Tch. No one is going to attack you so I order you to stop. If repeated, your position here as a Cadet will be revisited." He says maintaining eye contact.

I nod. How does he know I won't be attacked? If he's ordering me, I'm going to have to stop. I internally sigh and then he continues,

"Your punishment is cleaning the stables for 5 days straight. At the end of each cleaning session I will check and let you know if I'm satisfied. Now leave and join training."

I nod and leave the room. I hear him get up behind me and follow, probably to watch training.

I enter the training grounds and join a group of people.

"Hey Y/N, you went pretty hard on the Captain, and he returned it. I hope your okay. Your bruises look pretty painful." I hear Reiner say.

"Heh, no shit. I only got stable duty so it's not too bad." I reply.

"OKAY CADETS. HAND TO HAND SPARRING FOR TRAINING TODAY, PARTNER UP AND GRAB ONE WOODEN SWORD." The Commander says.

"Are you up to be my partner?" Reiner looks back at me.

"Yeah, sure." I say grabbing a wooden sword. We find an empty place and I get into a stance.

"This isn't fair you know. You're wayyy taller than me."

"Yeah, but you have like quadruple my strength."

Reiner and I seem to get along for some reason.

I turn the wooden dagger around and plunge towards Reiner.

Not phased, Reiner tries to trip me over but I somersault and lightly kick him in the face.

He seems distracted so I trip him over and place the dagger on his chest, ending the fight.

I stand up and offer him a hand, which he takes. "Good job." I say.

"Yeah, it was a good fight, wanna go again?" I nod and notice the Corporal walking watching each fight and stop by to watch our fight.