Chapter 21

"Shorty? Care to start the real torturing?" Hange calls to Levi. Levi glances at me before letting go of my hand and going over to Sannes. I walked over to and Levi pulled on the guys face weirdly and then disfigured his nose.

"Who are the Reiss family?" Levi began.

"Hah. People like you d-" Hange cut off Sannes by opening his mouth wide.

"You took too long to answer." She says using a clamp to pull out one of his front teeth. I nearly gagged when I saw the blood spread all over his mouth. This is different than outside the walls. "This is your punishment." Hange continued.

"I thought he still needs to talk?" I ask her.

"Nevermind that, he has many." She says.

"Do it! Play your sick game! You love violence don't you?! I DO, TOO! Nothing excites me like tormenting the helpless! GO ON, ENJOY IT!! You're doing what is JUST! Don't hold back! You're MONSTERS! TITANS ARE CUTE LITTLE BABIES NEXT TO YOU!! But... YOU DON'T SCARE ME! Just torture me to death! Its all I ever did with my blood-stained life..." Sannes says, going berserk. Hange places the clamp on the metal table.

"Let's take a break." She says, "Sheesh. I almost feel bad for him." She whispers so he doesn't hear. I close the door and lock it.

"Lets head to bed, Moblit please make sure his friend in the other room is still unconscious and beat him up a little more, thanks." Hange continues. Moblit nods and the rest of us head up. Hange lets the others know we are going to bed. I get Levi to untie the apron before I go to my room to get clothes and then enter the bathroom and scrub my self clean.

I wash the gloves and wash the apron till its clean again. I hang it in the bathroom and wash myself again. I put on the dress I got from my room and wash my other clothes. I hang them as well and then clean up the bathroom before heading to bed. I lay in bed with the curtains open. The moonlight shines in my room. I immediately get up out of boredom and head outside. The sky does look pretty nice. I enter the forest a bit to where Mikasa had been chopping wood before. I grab the closes axe I see and start cutting the wood into thinner planks.

"Seriously?" I hear someone chuckle behind me. I look up and see Levi. I feel like this is the first time I've heard him laugh. Its quite nice.

"Yes?" I say, pretending to be oblivious.

"Cutting wood, in the middle of the night, in a white dress, with an injured arm, after torturing someone. Yeah, I do that every Saturday too." He says, dead serious. I start chuckling as well.

"Life as a scout, aye?" I say. He grabs an axe and starts chopping up some other logs, "My arm is basically a scratch, but you make it sound like a bullet wound." I tell him.

"Well bullets and arrows are both projectiles so I am quite accurate. How did that even happen?" He says.

"Well, I saw the guy pull out the gun so I went to disarm him, but I guess Sasha had the same thought and pulled the bow before she saw me. Resulting in the arrow barely touching me." I answer.

"Yes barely. Just a 2 cups of blood was spilled." He says, chopping another log already. "I really do trust you Y/N. That's one of the reasons why you are Second in Command of the squad. Although you like trouble." He says.

"I could say the exact same to you Levi. I trust you as a Captain and friend. You attract the trouble though." I say cheekily.

"Inviting them to join the Survey Corps? Really?" He says, smiling a little. I haven't seen him smile either I believe.

"We need more members and he talked so highly of us, I just had to offer him a spot." I say, "You seem to be in a good mood after torturing someone."

"You too, but come on, you need to sleep." He says.

"And you?" I ask.

"I'll go to bed when you do." He says. I raise and eyebrow.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yes." He says slightly confused.

"Be ready to stay up all night." I reply. I pick up some planks and start heading back to the cabin. Levi catches up to me and we walk back in silence. We drop the planks in a pile close to where our horses are. I'm about to turn around and go back to chop more when Levi places his hand on my shoulder.

"Head to bed Y/N" He says.

"I'm not tired." I say crossing my arms.

"Cadet, I believe you should take orders from your Captain." He says. Wooww... Using his rank against me.

"Hmpf." I start walking towards the entrance of the Cabin, but Levi stops me.

"Hu-" Levi cuts me off by placing his lips on mine. In shock I push him away and stare at him. He looks down at me and then quickly enters the cabin. I quickly follow in and walk to my room behind him, in silence. I enter my room and lay in bed.

That did not just happen.

I don't dislike the Captain, but I've never gone into full thought on whether I like him like that yet. I place my hands on my lips. I reacted too soon. Due to shock. Maybe I wouldn't have pulled away, if I had known. Levi has only ever done good things for me and I even trust him now. He's not like Reiner. He's not a secret enemy.

I run my hand down my face and sigh. Things are going to be different now. And I don't want them to be. I didn't mean it but, I really came off as disinterested. I hope he doesn't resent me.

Oh Walls Please Help Me.

***