Chapter 43

I sat at a long table, my head resting on my elbows, watching my squadmates enter the room. 2 days have passed since we started training and the results were not useless.

"Now why the walls would you get us up this early?" Nadine walks in, a scowl painted on her face.

"Do me a favor and shut up." Sebastian retorts, then smiles at me. I glare at the both of them and thank the walls that not everyone on my team is irritating.

"I have news" I sigh and sit up.

"Please share" Mia smiles.

"Of course, but first let's go through everyone's progress" I bitterly smile. Nadine's scowl drops and is replaced with a stone look.

"The news I must share is very important. Because of how important it is, I will be ranking you on how good you are on the team, please do not take offense." I pick up a paper that contains the list and start reading the names out.

"Number 5, Nadine Muller. My advice is too stop complaining and put in the effort. You show no interest in being a soldier and I am confused why you bothered to join. But despite this, you are skilled in nursing. It does not help your position though.

Number 4, Sebastian Webber. You are completely useless in combat, but you do a good job in all the labor. My advice is for you to stop lifting weights and to practice combat with the dummy titans.

Number 3, Mia Hoffman. Mia, you are at a decent, average level. You have improved greatly since the training corps and I am glad. I believe you have much more potential that can be released.

Number 2, Klaus Schwartz, you are also, at a decent, average level. You are more skilled with labor, which in your case, is actually good. Your combat is nearly above average, despite your tiny frame, but I am sure you can work harder.

And Number 1, Ernst Schmidt. You are above average in all aspects and I believe you have increased tremendously since you arrived. My only advice is too get more sleep, and you will be at full power.

All in all, most of you are doing well, while a couple aren't doing too good. Any questions?"

"Yes!" Nadine replies enraged.

"Please continue" I make an odd gesture with my hand.

"I deserve a higher level! I beat Mia in combat!! This is all about favoritism!!! I'm reporting to the Corporal!" She exclaims.

"Nadine, remaining calm is an important thing to do when fighting Titans. Yes you beat Mia, once. I believe Mia was having an off day, and you going dirty." I reply in monotone

"But-!" She starts

"But this is a temporary rank and you should work harder. This is also only going to be seen by yourselves, Commander Erwin and I, so don't worry, no one should judge." I wink at her. She glares at me but drops it.

"Anyway, the important news.

We are going on an expedition tomorrow." I state.

"Tomorrow?" Mia asks, her face pale.

"Yes, tomorrow. We aren't trying to retake the basement, no no. We are just going to fight off a few titans. Also establish a place where will stay after we reach the basement, or for emergencies. Nothing remarkably big. I have faith a few of you will get a titan kill, or even kill one with an assist. We plan for no deaths and I am to protect you guys with my life. It is a mini expedition, don't fret. There will be no supervised training today, please take the day off, rest and eat well. But if you really want to,try fighting some practice dummies, but please eat and get an early night. That is all, I have a meeting now so if you need me, knock on my office door in an hour or so." I stand up immediately and stroll out.

I walk into Erwin's new office and take a seat at on of the couches, and then cross my legs.

"Glad you graced us with your presence." Levi's begins.

"Now how could I ever leave you? Sorry I'm late but let's start the meeting I have actually have a suggestion this time." I roll my eyes.

"A suggestion? Really? Never thought you could think of one." Levi retorts.

"What's got you up and about Shorty?" Hange smiles.

"Well, since we are ready let's start." Eyebrows says. I stand up and hand Erwin the rank of my soldiers. His eyebrows scrunch together and then he puts the page down.

"Okay. We all know the pout of this expedition is to improve the skill of the new recruits, so let's not revise that, but we also now came up with an idea to find an area to use as a place for emergencies and residing. Places like Erens house have been destroyed, so cannot be used. Anyone have any ideas?"

This is where I shine. No one puts up their hand so I do.

"I thought about it for a while after this is idea was brought up, and since I am from Shigamshina, I thought I should at least have some knowledge of places, right? But I lived in a rural area, I wouldn't know any of the big plac-" I am cut off by Levi's rude ass.

"End the story and get to the point" he states.

"As I was saying, we could stay at my house..?" I offer a smile to back up my idea. Erwin raises an eyebrow.

"Elaborate."

"Well, first of all my house isn't too far away from the gate that leads in Shiganshina. My house is located around the corner of Shiganshina, basically in the middle of nowhere. And I know that immediately sounds bad, but there are plenty of trees that will allow travel by gear. From memory, the only part of my house that should be destroyed is the stable, which is located quite a bit away from my house. I believe it will still be the same. We've never had a problem with plumbing in my house and the kitchen is fully equipped. There are 8 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 living rooms and 2 kitchens, so I believe it will hold everyone. There is also a shed where we kept meat in order to keep it cool, I believe we can use it as storage." I explain.

"I thought you were an only child" Levi asks, shock displayed on his face.

"I was..?" I raise an eyebrow. A scowl displays on his face and he shuts up.

"That sounds good, but what makes you think you still have access into the house?" Eyebrows questions.

"Well, we never locked the door when we left, but that isn't something to trust. However, my Father, always wears keys around his neck. I believe he still has the key. I also know where we kept 4 of our spare keys in the garden. And, I believe a specific soldier, also has a key, but that is if the soldier is still alive." I answer.

Erwin sits in silence and deep thought, Hange and a few others copying him.

"Okay." He states and stands up.

"Okay??"

"Yes. You must set out for all the keys as soon as possible though. Levi accompany her. The meeting is on hold till all the keys are acquired." He confirms.

"All of them?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes. We might need the spares. Start going, remain in uniform." Eyebrows nods and Levi and I and I stand up and exit, waiting for Levi behind the door.

An extra chapter in one day to make up for my lack of updates..? :)