Chapter 69

Sometimes I believe Levi is a genius. This is one of those times.

"I don't know why that didn't cross my mind." I smile at Levi, "That's actually quite a good idea."

"Huh?" The soldiers exclaim, clearly not as smart as Levi, "What do you two mean?"

"We'll transfer Zeke's beast." I shrug my shoulders and easily explain.

"We will grab one of those Yeagerists or something, turn them into a Titan, and feed Zeke to them." Levi properly explains, "Then if our dear Queen Historia is as prepared like she says she is, we'll feed the Titan to her next." He continues, "Of course it will have to be after she gives birth in a few months."

"What!!" One of the soldiers exclaims, "But Eldia is done for if there's an all out attack on us during those few months before Queen Historia giver birth!"

"And there's nothing guaranteeing her unborn child's health!" The soldiers eyes widen at what he said, "I-I mean Walls forbid! But anything can happen."

I guess what they're saying is somewhat reasonable in a way.

"We can send an attack on Marley again to help delay their forces. Might put Marley back by half a year." I add and nod at my own idea.

Levi glances at me like I am insane but agrees regardless, "I know it sounds absurd, but this is where it really matters now. I am not letting Zeke dictate what happens for any longer. I can't tell if Eren is really being controlled by Zeke at this moment, or if Eren is not. But we just need to get rid of Zeke, and then the rest is done for."

"Everything should fall into place if we do that." I agree with Levi, "Tell Pixis that."

"Really, Captain?" The soldiers asks, sweat glistening on his forehead.

"Of course." I start, "We are serious here."

"I just need to rip his libs off. The old man will be ready then, right?" Levi asks and glances over at me.

I nod my head but instead say, "Stop anything so demonic or you will really be a devil." One of the soldiers chuckle and I just face Zeke. Blondie Beard is reading his book per usual. Such a shame he will soon be Bloody Beard.

Or is it even a shame?

He destroyed the town of Ragako without thinking twice, and doesn't feel ashamed or anything.

I use my gear to jump down off the tree and Levi follows. We both walk over to Beard Man. "Are you enjoying your book, Old Man?"

"Old Man?" He raises an eyebrow at me, "That's a new one. For a book I have read seven times, surprisingly, I am."

"I like to get creative." I shrug my shoulders.

"It must have been hard to concentrate on the book though. I'm sure Y/N and I's conversation with the soldiers was on your mind." Levi crosses his arms.

"Concentrate on a book I've read seven times?" He asks.

"How else will you enjoy it more if you don't concentrate?" I retort.

"Anyway, is there anymore wine?" Zeke asks.

"We've been here for nearly a month now. There isn't even a drop left." Levi answers, squinting his eyes at the blonde.

"And you guys didn't drink any?" Zeke pesters.

"No." I answer, "But does it even matter if we did or not?"

"Hmph." Zeke sighs, "You two have the ability to come up with the worst forms of torture."

"Is that a compliment?" I ask and start walking away.