Chapter 9

All of the Survey Corps that were going on the expedition had gathered and Erwin made a speech about fighting for humanity as always.

"FORWARD!" He finally yelled as the gate was half open. Everyone galloped into the battlefield.

I looked around and enjoyed the view of no titans at that moment. Not like our squad needs to try to savor the moment. Our job is just to keep Eren safe. Erwin yelled for us to get into the formation, which we did. We continued racing forwards. With Random flares going up from the right.

I guess they're gonna get wiped out first. I glanced at Eren and noticed him looking at the flares too.

Flares continue to go up, but then I see the Orange flare, for emergencies. I grit my teeth and think of Reiner and Armin who are fighting on the right wing. I'm sure they'll stay strong.

We continue onwards, and then we see a many black flares go up.

"Oluo, you do it!" The Captain yells. Immediately, Oluo fires a black flare.

The 80 meter tree forest is visible now. I can tell the right has most like fallen.

We enter the forest, but soon we hear loud footsteps. I immediately glance back and I see a tall blonde abnormal titan sprinting towards us. Scrap that. This isn't an abnormal. This must be another titan shifter.

This is the enemy the Commander was talking about.

"Captain, what do we do?"

"What is your order?"

"Do we engage?"

"Should we switch to ODM?"

"Captain?!"

The squad becomes very irritating yelling rubbish to the Captain. Mikasa and I are the only ones that don't complain. I then remember what Erwin mentioned last night.

"Captain, the flare." I say.

He glances at me the looks forward, "You're right Cadet, Everyone block your ears!" The Captain brings out the flare and removes the safety. I block my ears and after a few seconds, he pulls the trigger, then covering his own ears.

Even with my ears blocked, the sound of this thing rings through them.

I glance at Eren and see him contemplating whether to turn into a Titan or not.

"Reinforcements!" Eld yells, seeing about 4 people try to take down the titan.

"Eren! Don't do it! Trust us!" Petra yells. After what she's said in the past, trust is hard.

"Let him do what he wants. Let him make the choice he will regret least." The Captain speaks.

"Trust us." Oluo says staring him down, before accidently biting his tongue.

The Titan gets close and we quick up out pace.

"Okay! I trust you guys!" Eren finally says. I wouldn't judge him if he didn't. Not sure I would trust these guys at all.

The Corporal makes us detour and I assume we are going to the trap.

Suddenly, harpoons shoot out from every direction into the Female Titan, leaving her trapped.

We continue onwards for a while before the Captain speaks again.

"Keep going forward and hide Eren. I will be back. Cadet L/N and Ackerman, follow me." We turn around and make our way back to the trap, to see the Female Titan standing still with her hands covering her nape.

We use our ODM gear to fly up to the Commanders. The Commander requests us to make a small attack on the Female. Mikasa and I would go after then Shoulders while Levi and Mike will go after the hands.

We proceed with the attack and I manage to slice most of the shoulder muscle off. I return back to the tree branch and I notice, Commander Mike, Captain Levi and Mikasa with shattered blades. The Titan managed to harden her hands and 1 shoulder.

Commander Mike and Mikasa return, while Levi stands on the Titans head, saying random things.

Suddenly, The titan lets out a loud rage cry. Several titans start running towards the Female Titan, just to eat her.

"Titan cannibalism, just to avoid giving out information?" I say to the Commander.

"Hmm.. Seems so. RETREAT!" The Commander yells. Levi lands on the branch and The Commander comes to us, "You three, refill your gas and blades before leaving."

"Erwin, we still have plenty left. We'll just end up wasting time." Levi says.

"Levi, this is an order." The Commander says sternly.

"If you say so Commander." Levi says using his gas to get to where the blades are. Mikasa and I follow.

We spend about 30 minutes refilling our gas and blades. Once done, I zip away and make my way towards where Eren and the rest of the squad was. I get to where Levi, Mikasa and I left them and I go slower, trying to find them. But instead I meet a hanging Gunther. I fly over to him, and confirm, he is dead.

I continue going and see Oluo, Eld and Petra.

All dead.

I know I didn't like them, but I would never ever wish death on anyone.

Wait, nevermind.

I grit my teeth thinking, about Eren. I keep going and I finally stop, to see Eren being eaten by the Female Titan from his Titan form.

The Titan start running and I chase it, when I reach it I slice it in all different places, completely enraged. I fall back on a tree and I'm about to go back when someone grabs me by the waist. I glance back and see the Corporal, with Mikasa behind.

"Calm down Cadet. Look, stay at this pace, she's already tired. Forget about killing her", I scoff and he continues, "Think about rescuing Eren. Mikasa you distract her, Y/N blind her and go after her ankles, while I will retrieve Eren. Got it Cadets?" Mikasa and I answer and he lets go of me.

We continue at our pace and he was right, she is every tired. Soon we are right beside her and the Captain yells, "Now!" Mikasa goes forward and distracts her while I come out and blind the Titan, leaving my blades in her eyes. I go down to the ankles and slice them, making her running wobble until she stops and falls by an tree. Captain comes down and slices all over her, including the shoulder muscle, making the titan's arms fall.

I see Mikasa stare at the nape and shoot towards it. The Corporal, retracts, and I hear a crack, then goes to Mikasa pulling her away. He then slices the titans jaw, exposing a disgusting Eren. He grabs him and heads towards the exit of the forest and we follow.

"He isn't dead, but definitely filthy" The Captain reports. We continue to make our way out of the Forest.

I guess we were successful in a way.

But doesn't this Female Titan look very familiar?

"Mikasa, doesn't the titan look like Annie?" I glance at Mikasa.

"Actually, it does." Mikasa answers.

"Who is Annie?" The Corporal asks me.

"A cadet in the 104th training Corps. Made the top 10 and went to the MP, Captain." I explain, still shocked from the resemblance.

***

I sat in a carriage with Mikasa and a healing Eren. I glance at all the bodies and sigh. The bruise I got when I was nearly assaulted is definitely just like a scratch to these people.