Chapter 42

The run has been going well so far. We have currently ran 7 kilometers and no one has dropped,

yet.

About 15 minuets has passed, which is great. I'm acting as a tail runner, making sure no one even pauses. I can tell Mia is having great difficulty, but I have to push her and the rest of them.

"STOP AND STABLE DUTY FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT AND YOU HAVE TO DO MY PAPERWORK!" I increased the punishment again. I think it's motivating them in a way.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Sebastian calls out.

"OF COURSE. DON'T STOP!" I reply. Suddenly, Sebastian, who was at the very top, stopped dead in his tracks. My mouth fell open, but I quickly closed it.

"EVERYONE KEEP GOING WITHOUT ME, I'M STILL WATCHING!" I shout and continue jogging till I reach Sebastian.

"Why did you fucking stop?!" I ask, my face heating up.

"I'll gladly help you with paperwork, since that is my punishment." He smirked.

"Hand-to-hand combat. NOW." I got into a stance and glared at Sebastian. I kinda feel like beating someone up. Sebastian's face falters and he bends his knees into his stance.

I near him and throw a punch, which surprisingly, he takes without blocking.

"I order you to fight back." I narrow my eyes at him. I lift up my knee and grab his head, kneeling him in the stomach. Blood spills out of his mouth and he coughs, bending over.

"Charge at me." I stand straight and raise an eyebrow. What is he doing. He shoots his hand out and hits my shoulder like a slap.

I place my hand over my mouth and chuckle. But soon I find my self sitting on the ground laughing like an ape.

"You. Can't. Do. Shit" I say between laughs. I look up at him and see him frowning. I hear footsteps behind me and I try to steady myself, to no avail.

I stand up, still laughing and turn to face the person walking towards me.

Only Levi.

"What the Walls happened to you, Idiot?" He asks, his face blank and looking straight at Sebastian.

"I'll tell you later, please practise combat with this Cadet if you are free though." I request.

"Of course." Levi quickly answers. I turn and see the rest of my squad still running, that's great.

"Wait what? Why am I fighting him??" Sebastian asks, crossing his arms. I stare dead into Sebastian's eyes and reply,

"Have Fun."

"Y/N you have recently developed a strange sense of humor, should I be concerned?" Levi glances at me.

"Meet me in my office before dinner" I reply simply. I don't wait for an answer and jog back to the group, who, thankfully, never stopped.

***

Sitting back in my temporary office, I hear a knock on the door.

Levi.

I let out a deep breath and reply "Come in." I glance at the door and it's not who I was expecting. My facial expression drops when I realize it's just Sebastian.

"Yes?"

"I'm here to do your paperwork." He grins. I smirk when I remember something.

"How was combat with Corporal Levi?" I purse my lips together and act innocent.

"He stayed away from my face, thankfully. But..." Sebastian's face grows cold and he lifts up his shirt to reveal a splodge of purple and yellow.

A beautiful Bruise.

"I am so sorry!" I place my hands over my mouth in fake shock. The door opens and I glance up, to see Levi walking in with a straight face.

"Cadet?" Levi questions Sebastian and raises an eyebrow.

"Sir. Just helping with paperwork." He smiles and drops his shirt.

"Well I'm sure you've done enough, I will take over." Levi gestures for Sebastian to leave and instead of retorting, Sebastian's smile falters and he scrambles away. I let out a small chuckle and lean back in my chair.

"You know." Levi closes the door and sits on a chair close to mine, "Eyebrows is scheduling the Mini Expedition earlier. He wants to rush everything and I thoroughly disagree."

"Wait what? When was this decided?" I sit up properly in my chair, "My squad have only done one training session!" There's no way they will survive.

"Well you are obligated to protect them at all costs." He remarks.

"I should be Titan fodder?" I slyly ask.

"Yes." He replies dryly. He stands up and moves towards my chair, standing beside me and staring at me intently.

"Did Kenny not tell you staring is rude when you were growing up?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"I just wanted to tell you something." He narrows his eyes back at me. I raise an eyebrow and he lets out a deep breath.

"I think I've looked at you long enough to say you are a beautiful woman. And I know many other people think the same but I can also say you have a unique heart. You know I'm not the best at saying these things but don't think of me like every other imbecile on the streets who thinks your pretty." His eyes search mine and for a second Levi looks vulnerable.

"Levi..." I try to keep a straight face but my lips betray me and break out into a smile. He lets out another deep breath and a small smile plays on his lips.

"I dunno what to say..." I whispered. He leans in and I lift my head for our lips to meet. When he pulls away he keeps eye contact.

"I think that kiss said enough" he whispered back. I place a hand on his cheeks, which are now tinged with pink, and smile.

"Levi. I've known you for as long as the figure of your height, but it doesn't feel like that. I feel safe and secured when your around and I thank you. You are also beautiful, in your own stone cold way." I smile and peck his lips again.

"Okay that's enough I don't want us to be one of those odd lovey dovey pair." Levi pulls away and rolls his eyes, but his smile remains.

***
Yo, I know I haven't updated in a while, I'm really sorry, but I will try to get out quite a few chapters during this break :)

Merry late Christmas.

Happy New Year in advance.