Chapter 34

I started untying the reigns of my horse when Levi finally addressed what recently happened.

"You aren't going to talk about what just happened?" He asks.

"Well you haven't asked Levi" I reply.

"I thought you said your Father was fine?"

"I didn't know you too well when you asked me that. In case you didn't notice, my Father became an alcoholic after my Mother died." I answer.

"How did she died?" He asks.

"Titan." I mutter, and he manages to hear.

"Who is Ed? Your Father thought I was him." He asks.

I immediately freeze and think. Does Levi even need to know all of this? He is the one who said kissing me was a mistake.

"No one." I answer calmly.

"Really?" He mounts his horse and raises an eyebrow.

"Yes. He is a nobody."

"Did he live near you?" He remains adamant.

"Why does that matter? For all I know he is dead." I mount my horse and we start moving forward.

"So he did live near you."

"How do you know if he did or not?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"You lived in the countryside, you never got the news of the hole in the Wall, if he is dead, probably due to a Titan as well, it is because he never received the news." Levi concludes.

"I don't know if he is dead. But he lived close by. Not close enough to be neighbours though. Ed is a bad person. I can thank him for a few things but still have many reasons to kill him."

"What did he do?" Levi asks.

"Are we playing the game right now?" I asks.

"Yes." He replies.

"Okay, that means it is my turn. Why do you want to know about him?"

"Because I got mistaken for a bad person, which I am not. Now, what did he do?"

"He taught me to hold the blades like the way I do."

"That's not bad." Levi furrows his eyebrows, slightly confused.

"I don't want to play anymore." I say.

"If you say so."

***

I got down from my horse and left him/her in the stables. I took the bags that Levi's horse was carrying and waited for him to lock the gate in the stables. Once done, he jogged to me and took the bags.

"I'll hold them." He states and we start walking towards the entrance of the temporary Cabin.

I open the door and we walk in, no one is sight.

"Must be working on the project then." Levi says, heading towards his room.

"Do you need help?" I ask.

"No, but you can follow me." I walk towards him and stand at the door. He arranges his things around while I remove my scarf and let my hair done. That bun was too much of a mess.

"Y/N." Levi calls from the bathroom.

"Yes?" I say walking towards him.

"Here." He drops one of the soap bars in my hand.

Peach Scented

"Wait Levi." I say and he turns around and looks me in the eye. "You got it for me?"

"No. I got it for Hange but then I remembered she isn't a female." He rolls his eyes, "Yes I got it for you."

I quickly put it back in his hands.

"I can't accept that!" I exclaim

"Why?" He puts it back into my arms.

"Because it's expensive!" I say handing it back to him but he crosses his arms.

"It's are gift, you can't return it back to me or the shop." He says.

"Levi!! You can't be serious." I yell.

"I am. Have it." He states bluntly.

"Seriously... All I do is get you into trouble. You should hate me." I mutter.

"Well I don't. Unless you do." His eyes watch mine.

"I don't, but this is a lot." I gesture to the soap.

"I have a lot to spare." He nears me and then pushes a strand of hair behind my ear. It's as if he realises what he did, because suddenly he stops and moves away.

"Don't make me resist Y/N" He clicks his tongue and faces me again.

"What did I do?" I ask, confused. Levi walks closer to me and before I know it, he places his lips on mine. And I return it.

Until I remember what he said.

I turn my head away and Levi sighs.

"Last time this occurred you said it was a mistake." I glance at him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." He answers, his emotions showing through his eyes.

I let out a deep breath and look into his steel eyes.

"Do you mean that?" I ask.

He chuckles and answers, "Yes." He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. His hand caressed my cheek while my hands were on his shoulders. We moved in sync at that moment.

***

I sat at the table with my squadmates, my lips slightly plump. Apparently they went to the Underground to check how many children are homeless and if the Cabin is big enough at the moment.

Erwin had left to tend to the HQ. Too be honest, the thought of being a Squad Captain is growing on me. I smile at the thought.

"What with that shitty face?" Levi asks, placing his tea cup down.

"Shortcakes must be thinking about Titans." Hange smirks.

"Oh dear, Walls forbid." I grimace.

"I'm sure she is just thinking about seeing her hometown after we retake Wall Maria." Jean says. I tense at the thought of visiting my 'Hometown'.

Wherever Reiner and Berthlodt claim that is.

"Anyway! We need to expand this little hut! Starting tomorrow! Mikasa, Eren and I will continue experimenting until Eren has it perfect, while you guys will build this hut to be a Castle! Okay? Does that suit you Queen Historia?" Hange asks.

"Yes of course. But please just call me Historia." She answers.

I missed all of the good moments because of Kenny. That Idiot wasted my time.

I stand up from the table but Mikasa stops me, "Where are you going?" she whispers."

"Just too bed." I whisper back. I start walking towards the hallway and enter my room. I don't know why I feel like having an early night today.

I lay in bed and immediately close my eyes, drifting to sleep.

***