Chapter 50

"Are we still not to the foot of this thing yet? It's almost dawn." Levi complains.

"If we can get past this mountain, we'll be close to Shiganshina." Eyebrows replies.

"Sorry you've got to handle my horse..." Eren says to me and I give him a small smile.

"You shouldn't be using your energy here." Mikasa pops up out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I know." Eren shrugs.

"She's right, Eren, you should rest." Conny says and I glare at him, "What?!"

"Don't use his name!" I whisper yell at him. I glance to my left and see something.

"You have to assume that there's an enemy right around every corner stupid boy-" Jean is cut off by me.

"Titan to the left!" I inform everyone.

"Everyone Halt! Illuminate the area!" Hange shouts. We lift our torches and point them at the Titan, who seems to be immobile.

"It's okay, he's dozing away. The little ones don't seem to be one of the newer types that can move around at night. Too bad. We'll have to leave him." Hange reports.

TOO BAD?!

I glance over to Eren and notice him shaking. I place my arm on his shoulder and he flinches. "Why are you shaking Eren?" I ask, my voice laced with concern.

"Haha! Me? Shake? No no no no. I'm just cold." Eren nervously laughs.

"Are you scared?" Armin intervenes. I leave their presence, to give them privacy, and walk over to Levi.

"Hello." I say and walk at his pace.

"What is it?" He glances at me. I click my tongue and glare at him.

"Just wanted to talk to my favorite person." I mutter.

"How are you feeling?" He suddenly asks, ignoring my previous statement.

"I'm fine, Idiot. You can stop asking." I retort.

"Not like that. How do you feel about the fact Nadine is literally like 200 meters away from you?" He asks.

So apparently, Nadine was not going to be confined to a cell for life, but instead she stayed in a cell, and was released to come on this expedition with us. Reason being is that we need all the soldiers available and the Royal Police believe she will die on the expedition. Of course, they asked me if I was comfortable with it, and I said 'Yes'. It will be nice knowing she died for humanity. And for her incompetence.

"It doesn't bother me." I shrug my shoulders.

"We've spotted the foot of the mountain!" Someone calls out.

"The sun is starting to rise! Be careful of hiding titans! BEGIN THE OPERATION!!! ALL TROOPS SWITCH TO VERTICAL MANEUVERING!!!!" Erwin commands. I jump onto my horse and Eren takes his. We move forward and then use our gear to maneuver up the side of the wall that leads to Shiganshina.

Erwin previously said that the Enemy's goal is to capture Eren. We don't know whether they're aware that he now has the ability to reseal the Wall. But, if they know we're here, they'll probably assume we have some way to seal it. They've likely also figured out that we'll try to repair the outer gate. Since the enemy already know the importance of the basement in Shiganshina, they'll guess that Eren will be at the outer gate when it's sealed. But we plan to have a hundred soldiers, hiding their faces with hoods, heading for the outer gate at the same time. By the time they know which one is Eren, the gate will already be sealed.

I look down and see the town of Shiganshina. I hadn't really visited the main area, so it wasn't to familiar to me. I glance to my side of see Eren hesitating. "Don't stop!! Get to the outer gate!!!" I shout at him.

He looks over to me and I see the sweat glistening on his face already. "Yes!" He replies and starts moving.

"There isn't a single titan in the area!" I hear Hange shout when I reach the outer gate. I land beside Levi.

"I think we've fallen right into the enemy's hands. But we have to press on." I say to him and Hange.

"The operation will continue as planned!" Hange shouts.

Eren maneuvers down to the hole and within the minute, he transforms into a titan and hardens himself.

The hole closes up and Eren reappears, without his cloak. Oh no, I guess it got left behind. Levi and I maneuver off the wall and head to the inner wall. We happen to pass Mikasa and Eren when we hear,

"Did I really close the Wall?" Eren asks Mikasa.

"Not yet, "Levi maneuvers close to them. "As long as they are alive, they'll keep breaking through that Wall. Understand that? Until we kill all the enemies, including Reiner and Berthlodt, the plan to retake Wall Maria isn't over"

"Of course." Eren replies. Levi returns back to my side and I glare at him.

"Welcome back, destroyer of moods." I say looking at him.

"Wait!" He puts his arm out and stops me.

"Wha-?" I stop and glance up, seeing a flare that indicates we stop the operation.

"EXCUSE ME?!?! What was the point of the rush?" I facepalm.

"What in the Walls are they doing?" Levi asks. I glance around and see a bunch of people knocking on the wall.

"Probably to check if there are any hollow spots. Like when you knock on a door." I explain after calming myself.

"HERE!!!" A soldier shouts, knocking on a part of the Wall. I look in his direction, and suddenly Reiner jumps out. I'm about to jump down, but Levi beats me to it. With his blades, he attempts to slice of Reiner's head.

"Yes!" I mumble.

But, the blade detaches from Levi's handle and sits in Reiner's head.

"DAMMIT!" Levi shouts. I glance down at Reiner and notice him twitch.

Shit.

I quickly maneuver down to Levi and drag him up before Reiner transforms.

"I was so close. But I couldn't end his life." Levi whispers as I lift him up. Reiner fully transforms and lays on the the floor.

"CHECK ALL AROUND US! CAPTURE ANY ENEMIES AND-" Erwin is interrupted by loud footsteps coming from Wall Maria. I turn around and see a large hairy figure throwing a a giant rock in our direction.