Chapter 66

"Go on." Levi demands and crosses his arms.

"Shut it." Ed glares. I raise an eyebrow at him and he clears his throat, "Your Boy Toy is quite annoying. I will continue."

Maybe its the inferior thing.

"Of course the L/N Bloodline is a royal, and highly respected, bloodline. Its quite old, has be going for generations now. It will be funny if your Mother ends it. It was a big risk for Marley to use the injection on the L/N's. But I guess that didn't stop them. For some reason, the serum worked well with the L/N's blood type and was very successful. People in the family were all good looking, smart, strong and wise. There really weren't any issues. That is, until your Mother decided to run away with a man and myself. We managed to come back by riding a Titan-" Ed is cut off by myself.

"A Titan?!" I sputter.

Ed looks at me warily, "Yes. A Titan. Titans aren't really interested in eating Maryleans, although they do make mistakes sometimes. Because your mother is of royal blood, it was easy to control the idiot. We cam back and your grandparents had died. We lied and said we were taken to Paradis and held as hostage for ransom, which made people think that's why your grandparents died. I'm a Prince, your Mother is Queen and you are nobody. Simple." He shrugged his shoulders and put his hands in his pockets.

"What about the other Clans?" Levi curiously asks.

"Well-" I cut off Ed from another long explanation.

"Give me 10 sentences max, we need to leave soon." I add impatiently.

"If you want anything, ask nicely next time." He glances over at me, "Von Abbas are foreign. The injections didn't work on them. Biehl are a noble family, similar to the Tybur's, but have less power. They abused the power and are all fat and lazy right now." He shrugs.

"Are they making more injections?" I ask.

Ed eyes me, "If this is your way to steal some, I don't care. Regardless, they aren't. They only do it every 20 years. The last time your Dad engraved a name in the bracelet was probably when you were three, if you remember."

"What?" I ask confused.

"Your Dad broke the chain, engraved the name and then cemented the bracelet together again." Ed explains simply.

"That's messed up." Levi mutters and places his palm against his forehead.

"You wouldn't understand, your generation failed." Ed snidely retorts.

"Okay this is when we leave. Thank you." I awkwardly say and immediately leave, with Levi following behind me.

"Wait." Ed calls out. I stop, turn around and raise an eyebrow at him. "The stables." He starts and points to the east, "Are there."

"Thank you." I reply.

He must really not want us to come back if he's helping us.

"Have a good life." He finishes off and places his hands in his pockets before walking away.

"You too." I reply, slightly confused.

He's acting quite suspicious now.

"Let's go." Levi grabs my hand and we make our way to the stables.

***

After we both tamed a horse each we set out in the direction we first came to Marley in, towards the sea. There was an unusual awkward silence between us. "What is it?" I bluntly ask Levi.

"Are you okay?" He asks, a hint of concern in his words.

"Yes. Its not that big of a deal." I shrug my shoulders and keep trotting forward. Levi frowns but doesn't say anything. "Do you think today was a success?" I ask.

"Of course, we already established that fact before we fell out of the blimp." Levi answers, slightly confused.

"Not that," I glance over at him, "I mean gathering information about my family. This could all help Hange with her research in the future."

"Is that what your thinking about?" Levi mutters angrily.

"Yes, of course. What's wrong?" I ask, suddenly confused.

"Sorry, I was feeling sensitive because of the new information" He replies with a monotone voice. Instead of questioning, I nod my head.

We start to reach the sea and notice the blimp not to far away, hovering over the water. Surprisingly, there aren't any soldiers by the sea here.

"How do we get their attention?" Levi asks.

"No gear is terrible. Should we swim over?" I recommend.

"Swim over? Its quite far Y/N." Levi exclaims.

"It won't be too bad." I shrug. I get off the horse and walk over to the sea, dipping my hand in the water to feel the temperature.

Its freezing cold.

"We will get warm after swimming for a while." I mutter to myself in an attempt to convince myself, "Levi. Lets go."

Levi appears beside me and we bought enter the water, shivering and grimacing at the feel of cold, wet clothes against our bodies.

We quickly swim closer to the blimp, but decide not to get too close. I start splashing around erratically which causes Levi to chuckle, which I follow.

"Four-Eyes!!" Levi shouts. I raise an eyebrow at him.

As if they will hear us.

Suddenly the door opens and a rope gets thrown out.

I guess it works.

I shrug my thoughts away and quickly swim over to the rope. I grip it and yank it twice to let them know I'm coming up. I start climbing and as soon as I'm out of the water I start violently shivering. I finally reach the blimp and climb up inside. I immediately fall onto the floor panting while Hange yells for people to cover me. Levi follows up, shaking twice as much as me.

"As much as I want to hug you guys for surviving, there are more important things we need to do." Hange starts as people place blankets over us, "Come with me."

Levi and I waddle behind Hange who is rushing into one of the storage rooms. "You need to take off ALL of your clothes and find something to wear here."