Chapter 4

The night comes and I haven't received my food yet. A nurse came in earlier with painkillers but she was the only person who came in all day. I settled in bed and tried to sleep.

Keyword: Tried.

I sigh and suddenly the door opens.

Shoot.

I can't really see the person because of how dark it is. I hear something being put on the table beside my bed and then the curtains open, letting the moonlight into the roof. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see its the Captain.

At least its not an attacker.

"Show me the bruise." He breaks the silence.

I forgot to look at the bruise. Here I am thinking how painful it is when I haven't even seen it.

"Why?" I ask. It doesn't concern him.

"Because I said so. I'm the Corporal." He states bluntly.

I sigh and remove the duvet. I look down at the large t-shirt and shorts I am wearing. Who changed me? I'm about to lift the shirt when the Captain tsks and lifts it himself. I stare at him in horror but hear him say,

"Someone definitely shitted on you." He says while pulling my top back down.

I go to lift it up again to see myself when he grabs my hand and stares me in the eye.

"Don't"

"Wait, why not?!" I quickly ask.

"Actually, I couldn't give less of a shit, go right ahead." He says dropping my arm. I quickly lift up my shirt and see a large purple nasty bruise.

"Oh my fucking Walls." I say putting my shirt back down.

"No shit. What type of pain tolerance do you have?" I hear the Captain say, "Eat the bread and drink the fucking water so I can leave."

Nope. I'm gonna

Take

My

Tiiiiiimme.

I slowly reach over to the bread but it seems the Captains knows what I'm doing so he grabs the bread and shoves it down my throat, nearly choking me. I squirm but start to chew and swallow.

Once done, he grabs the water and makes me chug it down. I gulp it all and use my sleeve to wipe the drops from my chin.

"There, Good Night Cadet." The Corporal says leaving the room.

I sigh and lay in bed.

***

2 days have passed and I have finally left the infirmary. Kind of got tired of the place. The bruise on my stomach has gotten slightly better and isn't as painful as it used to be. Apparently I still can't do training but I can watch and help with paper work.

I sat in the Mess Hall. I had already told my 'friends' I was in a 'carriage accident'. I'm not really close to anyone yet, so I'm not sure who to trust yet. I told Reiner the truth though.

I cut my bread in half and pass it to Sasha, then I continue to listen into the conversation.

"There is going to be a complete remodel of all the squads today." Jean says.

"Yeah, your going to join the stables today." Eren tells Jean.

I chuckle at their little banter. I'm excited to join a squad. Not sure where I'll end up but I hope its somewhere good.

"Cadets! Assemble outside to hear your new squad." Commander Erwin bellows.

I swallow my last piece of bread and stand up with the group. We go outside and every Cadet stands in different rows.