Chapter 27

I sat in a cart with Levi, Armin, Sasha, Jean, Connie, Hange and Mikasa. "What did you call him Captain? Kenny the Ripper?" I say, glancing at Levi who is across me. He has his usually stoic look on.

"Yes. Think of him like me, but on the enemy's side. With those weapons, he'll be even harder to deal with. Did you come across him in Stohess?" He answers.

"Mainly his squad, but once. They are also well trained by the way. Kenny was focused on you Captain. He spoke to me when the first bullet missed, referred to me as a 'straggler'. Then he took a shot at me, although I'm sure he didn't put effort there. " I shrug.

"What bullet missed you?" Mikasa says staring me down.

"A bullet." I say ignoring her stare.

"Seriously? You nearly died?!" She says concern all over her face.

"Should've seen her, Ackerman. A deer in front of lamplights," Levi adds calmly.

"You saw her?! You stu-" I block Mikasa's mouth with my hand to prevent her from getting in trouble.

"Aside from that, we can't possibly beat them!" Sasha says. I notice Mikasa glaring at me and I drop my hand. I hear her mutter 'imbecile' under her breath and I nearly chuckle.

"Look, we could wait for the Military to arrive." I say and Mikasa's eyes widen.

"No!" She exclaims.

"Obviously, Eren might've been eaten by then. But based on what I witnessed, Kenny does seem invincible." I add, rolling my eyes.

"But Levi, how is it you don't know more about Kenny The Ripper? Didn't you say you lived with him?" Hange asks. Its quite true, Levi has been quite useless with sharing information on Kenny.

"Sorry, I didn't even know his last name until yesterday." He answers, then glances at Mikasa Ackerman, "Apparently it's Ackerman, think you're related?" He asks her. This question was bound to be asked sooner or later.

"When my parents were still alive, they told me that my father's family, The Ackermans, were persecuted inside the cities. My mother's family lost their home too, possibly because they were Asian. When my parents, they'd both been driven into the mountains, near the Walls. But my father never knew why the Ackerman family was persecuted. He didn't seem to be of a different race, like my Mother." She answers.

"Mikasa," Levi starts, "Did you ever experience a moment in your life when it felt as though power suddenly awoke inside you?" Levi asks her. My eyes immediately widen, and Levi notices.

"Yes, I did. Y/N told me something similar happened to her as well." Mikasa glances at me. Levi looks at me and then speaks.

"Kenny Ackerman told me he had a moment like that too. One day all at once, he felt a stupid amount of strength surge through his body, and he knew exactly what to do.

I had a moment like that too." Levi finishes and looks down.

In shock I immediately stand up. "What?!"

"Like I said. You shouldn't be shocked. I should be more confused on why you had a moment like that too." Levi narrows his eyes at me. I let out a deep breath and sit back in the cart.

Imbecile.

***

I stood on the grass, the wind blowing my ponytail around and constantly hitting my face. We enter the Chapel and stop.

"That's the secret door, Eren and out enemies must be on the other side." I say removing the strands from my face, "I just hope the layout is close to what we predicated."

"I just hope the detour for those little presents pays off." Levi adds. I resist the urge to roll my eyes incase he notices.

"All right, preparations complete!" Armin announces.

Levi turns his head and looks at him, "I see, all right everyone. Ready to get your hands dirty?" No one answers but we follow him closer to the secret entrance.

"Looks like you are." He whispers. Armin gathers the 'presents' and rolls them down into the currently open door.

"Now!" Levi whisper and runs down the stairs. I follow with my swords out and allow my eyes to explore the area. Exactly what Hange predicted, but bigger than I expected.

Sasha shoots an arrows into the 'presents' and since they are gas canisters, they immediately explode, filling the room with smoke. Armin is always a step ahead. Levi uses his gear to fly forward and I do the same. I notice the coloured smoke appearing now and that notifies me that they have started shooting the flares.

Now they definitely won't have an accurate shot at us.

"I COUNT 35 ENEMIES! THEY'RE GROUPED NEAR THE CEILING ON THE PILLARS OVER HERE. CONTINUE THE OPERATION!! DESTROY THE ENEMY!!" Levi shouts. Since I am beside him my ears ring. I've never heard him this loud. He's starting to act like Erwin.

That's not what I should be thinking about right now though.

"All troops scatter! EACH SQUAD SURROUND AN ENEMY!" Their Captain also shouts.

Okay, I get it. 35 Versus 7. Yeah we aren't in the favour of winning but when has the Survey Corps ever failed?

Nevermind...

A few gunshots go off, but go completely wide. I approach a group and slice 2 peoples necks from behind. That's what they get for making useless equipment that forces you to stay in one direction. A gunshot rings beside me and I dodge, moving forward and slicing the girls neck. Her eyes roll into her head and I feel a tingle of regret.

I really didn't sign up for this.

2 people left in this squad though.

I see one guy lift his gun to me and I grab his arm, and move it away, making the bullet go wide and I slice his head off. I turn around and the last squad member shoots 2 shots at me. I drop down and avoid them, but he is still shooting. He must be fast at reloading. I go up behind him and slice his head off. They would really have the upper hand if their gear wasn't so lame.

I move away and see Mikasa going crazy with kills. I don't blame her. Eren must be close.

I see a blonde woman and start to go after her but someone shoots in my direction. Can't do what I want these days can I? I quickly move back and turn, just to slice him from his shoulder to his waist. Resulting in him divided in 2.

"You Monster!" A guy calls out, but Levi quickly gets rid of him. I look forward to the blonde and see her shoot at Hange.

And actually hit her.

My eyes widen as I see Hange fall to the floor. I unconsciously grind my teeth.

NOT HANGE.

"NOW EVERYONE RETREAT! REFORM YOUR RANKS! GET AWAY FROM THE SMOKE!" The Blonde shouts. I WILL avenge Hange!

"ARMIN TAKE CARE OF HANGE! EVERYONE ELSE FOLLOW THEM!" Levi shouts.

Determination fills me and I race towards the blonde.