Chapter 24

I stood on a roof, looking at Nifa and Levi on another roof. Levi looks like his usual self but Nifa seems on the edge. I see them conversing when suddenly Levi looks at me.

"Captain." He starts. Yeah I love Erwin for this.

"Yes Cadet?" I answer. He glares at me before continuing.

"Do you know who 'Kenny the Ripper' is?"

"Eh.. No?" I sincerely answer. Why the Walls should I know a 'Ripper'?

"Sir, it isn't the right time to be making jokes." I hear Nifa say. They continue conversing and I watch down at the two coffins we believe Eren and Historia are in. They seriously aren't guarding this place up much. Anyone could rush in and steal Eren and Historia. Why are there only two MP's? Doesn't make sense.

"NIFA!" I hear Levi scream, I immediately jump behind the chimney and glance at Nifa. Almost at the same time I hear a gunshot ring past my ears.

No shit did I just escape a bullet like that.

My eyes widen and I'm almost in shock. The person who shot starts walking up the roof so I shift to the opposite side quietly. Oh Walls, what to do. The person shoots their gear and I wait for them to get closer to the chimney and then I pull out my blades and their neck makes impact with it, slitting it.

The body falls and so does my arm.

I killed a person.

This is not what I signed up for!

I look up and see people surrounding us and a guy pointing his guns at Levi. I'm sure Levi will escape that. The guy looks around and his eyes land on me.

"Ah! A straggler." He says before shooting in my direction. I start running across the roof and a four others chase me.

WAAAALLLSSSS.

I shoot my gear to a building and I hear someone shoot at me, I quickly cut through an alleyway, but lucky me, its a dead end. The back wall is pretty high, but I think I can make it above it. I shoot my gear up and it sticks into the wall. I use my gas to get up and I hear a few more gunshots, that hit the wall.

I lay low on the ground and wait for them to come out.

One comes out and I slice of her legs and arms. I put one harpoon into the body and use the other to stick to another building. I use my gas to get on top of the roof and see the other three beside me. They shoot at me and I turn around and use the body as a shield while running up to them.

Shit.

I slit all three of their necks, by luck. The Walls are on my side today, good.

I let out a sigh of relief and shoot my gear unto another roof. I land and see the a bunch of people, with the same gear our opponents have, surrounding a bar. I need to think. Maybe Levi is inside that's why they are surrounding it. There are too many of them for me too take on by myself. They need to be distracted. I standby for a while but suddenly their 'ringleader' flies out of the bar's door. Yes, this is my chance. Their all confused. I use my gear and gas to make my way to a group of 2, I quickly slice their necks and move on.

I hate this. Useless death. This could all be avoided, if they weren't so darned interested in Eren and Historia. Someone shoots and I dodge, that was close.

Something explodes from the side and I use this chance to slice another 3 peoples necks. I internally sigh but glance to where the 'explosion' came from. A few of our opponents shoot at it but I notice its just a chair. If that was Levi in there, he did well. I feel like laughing but I remember the situation.

I run on the roof I am on and slice another's neck. Although this one put on more of a fight. I glance back and see Levi rushing out and killing someone. I pull back and dodge some bullets, before going to him. He slices two necks before noticing me in which his eyes widen. I pull his arm and use gear to travel through an alley.

About five follow behind us. I let go of Levi and he follows.

"Here. I'll take them on and you try to complete the plan, okay? Armin's in charge in case anything happens." I say to him. He tsks. Typical Levi.

"Seriously, Captain?" I'm actually starting to hate when he calls me that. He says it so weirdly.

"Yeah." I send my harpoons to the ground and turn. The people shoot at me and I dodge, while heading straight on them. I slice ones head and retract while they shoot at me. I dodge and head for the other, slicing its neck and heading straight on for the one beside me. I slice her neck but I only escaped near death since she shot while she was dying. I retract and see Levi slice the last two's neck.

"Seriously, Cadet?" I say, actually glaring at him.

" 'I don't have to answer orders' " He says, clearly referring to when I was quite rebellious.

We zip past a few houses and I see Armin under a cloak with the rest. Their faces all seem in shock. They probably saw us kill the five. I lift my blade to the left and Armin understand the signal, immediately changing the direction of the cart to head to the left. Levi and I land on the cart and I see the others following behind on their horses.

"Captain?! Sir?!" Armin says, probably confused on why we are on the cart.

"Stop chasing the hearse. Our plan leaked. I hate to say this, but we are giving Eren and Historia up for now. Their plan was to use the two as bait to lure out and kill the rest of the Survey Corps. More ambushes are probably ahead. That's how they killed the other three with us." I say. I really don't want to leave Eren and Historia but sat this point, we definitely need to discuss a new plan.

I see Mikasa grit her teeth, but she probably thinks the same.

"Armin go left to open ground as soon as possible." Levi says.

"Okay." He answers. I glance at Levi and see blood falling from his forehead and my lip twitches.

"Good job. Next time listen to the Captain." I say to him.

"You know I saw what happened to you on the roof back there. When you barely escaped." He whispers. My eyes widen at the thought. If I hadn't moved. I would be just like Nifa right now. I shake my head and snap out of it.

"Sasha, Connie, you bring the horses, Mikasa, Levi, we will use our gear to assist in the escape." I give out orders. Sasha and Connie answer with a simple 'Yes'.

"So we are seriously leaving Eren and Historia" Mikasa says to herself. I internally sigh.

"We need to find another way. And that's assuming we get out of here alive. Kill the enemy when you can. Understand?" Levi says, even kinda scaring me.

***