Chapter 58

We all walk in and I'm shocked when I see its just a normal basement.

"Close your gaping mouth," I hear Levi from behind me, "Eren's dad is hardly going to leave forbidden information just lying around." I glance over at him to see him checking medicine labels. I nod my head in approval.

"Yes! He's trying to tell anyone who isn't Eren that there's nothing suspicious here." I say. Hange mumbles something incoherent but I don't bother to find out what it is. Instead, I walk around the wooden desk, allowing my hand to roam all over it, looking for something that will giving us a clue.

My hand roams over something sharp and I hiss and pull back. I check my finger to see I have a splinter.

Shit.

I crouch down to look at where I gained the injury and see a hole.

A keyhole to be exact.

"Oh! Eren bring your stupid key over here. There's a keyhole." I shoot up and gesture wildly at him.

"Calm down." He mutters. I feel the need to slam my fist over his head but decided against it. Everyone walks over and I feel someone grab my hand. I instantly look over and see Levi inspecting the splinter I got.

"Stupid." I mutter and release my hand from his. Its not even a serious injury. I hear the turn of the key and my eyes dart over to desk. Eren pulls open the drawer and there's nothing inside.

Eren starts to stand up and Hange smacks the side of his head, "Its a false bottom." She says and pulls it up.

Three books come into my view and I'm nearly disappointed when the smell suddenly hits my nose. "Walls its so strong." Eren says and I lift my hand to cover my nose. Hange ignores our childish behaviour and dives straight for the first book, putting one on the desk.

"Its has been preserved with peppermint oil and charcoal. Most likely to keep out bugs and prevent moisture." She states.

"So this is what we have been looking for." Levi says to himself.

"What did your Father want to show you the whole time?" I whisper. Eren and Mikasa hold the book together and open the first page.

A very small portrait is the first thing we see inside the book Eren lifts it up and we all get a closer look.

"This thing is far too perfect for any human to have drawn it." I mumble.

"Maybe not," Levi starts, "Everyone else is just better at drawing than you."

Everyone immediately chuckles and I'm left with my lip twitching.

Eren glances over at me and clears his throat in a fake manner, "That's beside the point. There's a message on the back. I'll read it,

This is not an illustration." I interrupt Eren with a "HA" and then he continues

"It is an imprint of reflected light, left on a special kind of paper. It is called a photograph. I came from beyond the Walls. Here, Humanity enjoys a refined existence. Humanity has not perished. I pray that whoever first finds this book is a fellow patriot."

***

After we returned to Trost, Eren and Mikasa was forced into a cell and just today we released them. As soon as I saw Mikasa, I knew something was wrong. "Have you lost weight?" I whisper to her. She looks away and doesn't reply. "I heard you guys had plenty to eat..." I pester, but she doesn't react.

"What are we going to do?" Eren asks.

"We have an audience," Levi says and walks over to me, "Her majesty the Queen has come to Trost district." Levi grasps my arm and pulls me forward so we walk in front of everyone. I raise an eyebrow at him but he doesn't say anything.

Weirdo.

***

Levi knocks on the door and we walk in when Historia opens the door. "Your Majesty." I nod my head and greet her. Mikasa, Eren and Armin do the same.

"S-Stop it. It's not even official." She nervously laughs, "You have been through so much. And I was just watching the south sky from inside the Walls."

"You have an important job, too. Surviving" Armin says. I nod in agreement and Historia smiles.

"I'm glad you all stayed they same." Historia says.

There's an awkward silence that befalls us and I sigh.

"It's just because none of us have really felt it yet." Eren replies, looking away.

***

Hey.

Sorry for literally no update in 5 years. I'm like not even gonna give an excuse.

So, here's the tea. This book is nearly reaching the most recent chapter of the manga. We just finished chapter 89 here. Note a lot of chapters onward will consist of flashbacks and scenes you most definitely won't be in. So I was thinking that maybe, when we reach we get to around chapter 110, I would release another book.

I was thinking it would be a Seven Deadly Sins Fanfictions (There aren't many out there) and it would be a Meliodas x Original Character. Please comment your thoughts :)

So thanks for sticking around, through the times I updated and didn't update :( :)