Chapter 23

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt that bad." I reassured Jean. He finally gave in and smiled. The door opened and we all went silent when Levi walked in. He looked around the room and when his eyes landed on me he glared. I smiled in return.

"Nifa," He began, "Good work on riding here through the night."

"Thank you." She said, smiling.

"Now, what's the message you have from Erwin?" He said, getting straight to business. Nifa is about to answer, but glances at Reeves and his son.

"Who are they?" She asks.

"The Reeves company. It's fine go ahead."

"Yes Sir, So about the question of how to have Historia take the throne as queen..."

"Huh?" Historia immediately says.

"I forgot, to tell my squad." Levi says. No shit. "The current Fritz Royal family is something of a proxy for the real royal family. The real one is the Reiss family." He continues. Historia's eyes widen and she breaks out into a sweaty mess. We all kinda 'secretly' glance at her.

"I believe you just said Historia would take the throne as queen right? Is that the main goal of this evolution?" Armin asks, raising his hand.

"That's right. Historia, your thoughts." Levi answers.

"There's no way." Historia says.

"Yeah. If you walked up to someone and told them to become the ultimate ruler of Humanity... Not too many people would have the nerve to look you in the eye and say, 'Sure' " Levi says, "But that doesn't matter. Do it" Levi walks up close to her and looks down at her.

"I'm unfit for the role." Historia says, clearly terrified by Idiot, who isn't helping the situation. Suddenly Levi grabs Historia's collar and lifts her high.

"Fine. Then Run. Run away from us as fast as you can. Because we're going to do anything and everything to make you do what we want. Looks like this is your destiny. If you don't like it, fight. Beat me back."

"Let go!" Historia says, gripping his wrists tightly. I leave the crowd and walk to Levi placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Captain, let go of her." I say calmly, "You aren't helping the situation." Levi glances at me, before slamming his elbow in my face. I fall on my bottom and lift my hand to my nose. Blood of course.

Twice in one day! He injures me twice. Happens again and I swear I will slam my fists into his pretty face.

"Captain!" Eren says walking over to me. Levi immediately drops Historia.

"CHOOSE ONE RIGHT NOW! WE DON'T HAVE ANY TIME!" He yells in her face. I sigh and Eren glances at me. Poor Historia.

"I'LL DO IT!" She answers, "The next role I have to play is Queen. Fine. Leave it to me."

"All right. Stand" Levi says taking her hand and lifting her up, suddenly calm. "We're counting on you Historia"

"Yes Sir" She quietly answers. Levi glances at me, who is still sitting on the ground, with blood streaming down my face.

"You are disgusting." He says before looking at Nifa, "Keep going, Nifa."

"Yes Sir... Here are the Commander's Orders for the operation. The Plan will execute today, the day that the Reeves Company is to hand over Eren and Historia over to the MPs First Squad. The First Squad is entrusting the Reeves Company with everything from Eren and Historia's transportation route to the selection of the holding spot. We must use this to our advantage. We will hand Eren and Historia over to the first squad as planned. Then, we will use the Reeves Company to follow them wherever they're heading. Or perhaps I should say 'whoever' the man who truly rules the world inside the Walls. This is Rod Reiss, Historia's biological father."

Mikasa walks up to me and offers me a white handkerchief. I can't use white to clean this up! I shake my head but she comes down to me and presses it against my face anyway. I sigh and take it from her and start cleaning my face, still sitting on the ground with Eren.

"According to the first squad MPs we captured, he controls everything from high-ranking officials to the Fritz Royal family. The Survey Corps, will guarantee his safety. Historia will be crowned in front of everyone, this will convince them that the current system is wrong. And if the Survey Corps is allowed to help then we will at long last be able to seal the hole in Wall Maria." Nifa finishes.

***

Eren and Historia are currently with the Reeves Company. Hange went to look for Erwin becase something in her mind apparently 'clicked' according to her. It is supposed to be based on what my theory of Mindless Titans turning into titan-shifters after they eat a titan-shifter.

She thinks Reiss is out to eat Eren. But I don't get it because Reiss isn't a titan. She said she would elaborate later so I've got nothing. We all sat at a long table, discussing how we are going to take action.

"CADET Y/N L/N!" Nifa shouts, suddenly coming into the room.

"Yes?!" I answer, a little alarmed by her shout.

"A letter from the Commander!" She says, handing it to me and saluting. I look at her weirdly before opening the letter. Halfway through the letter my eyes widen. Shit. This can't be happening.

"What does it say Cadet." Levi asks through gritted teeth. To shocked to notice his anger I read out the letter.

"Cadet L/N, I leave squad Levi in your hands. The Survey Corps has been ordered to immediately cease it's activities outside the Walls. The Reeves Company has been murdered and Eren and Historia have been take to an unknown location by the MP First Squad. The MPs request to see the whole Survey Corps and have taken me in. In case of anything to happen, Hange Zoe is now the Commander of The Scout Regiment. I leave you in the hands of Squad Levi due to the fact that MPs have pictures of Levi's face and are looking for him. I trust you, Erwin Smith." I read out.

Hell No, I am not in charge of the squad with Levi's current attitude.

"Get your things and mount your horse, I need to speak to Cadet Y/N" Levi says, glaring at me.

"That's Captain, Levi." I retort. A few laugh before going to get some things.

"You are not the Captain of the squad." He says.

"Levi Sir, according to Erwin Smith, she is." Nifa says, backing me up.

"Nifa, go and get your things." Levi answers.

"No need, I have everything." She answers.

"Get the horses ready." He persists. Nifa sighs and heads outside.

"Look Levi, its for the greater good." I say walking up to him. He looks down at me with a glare. He's about to say something but I cut him off by placing a hand on his shoulder and kissing his cheek. I set back and see Levi's eyes widen.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have done that.

"You caught me by surprise that day. It's the past, we can't go out fighting like this." I say. He nods but remains silent. The squad comes out and we head outside. We mount our horse and I ride at the front, alongside Levi.

"Where are we going Captain?" Eren asks, I smile at him and then answer.

"Stohess District." I say and we head on forward.

***