Chapter 51

The Hairy Titan throws the rock and it misses us, falling at the gate. I let out a sigh of relief but Reiner quickly stands up and stares at us.

"Erwin, he's gonna come up here." Levi mutters to Eyebrows.

"No shit." I whisper and somehow Levi here's me and glares in my direction.

"TROOPS! Avoid engaging the Armored Titan!! Don't get near that thing!!!!" Erwin commands. I look in the direction of the Hairy Titan and see a Quadrupedal Titan that has a saddle on it for carrying what seems to look like cargo. It must not be part of the group of Titans that transformed just now.

Maybe its an enemy scout? It could have been the one that spotted us approaching and warned Reiner and his team.

"That Quadrupedal Titan is intelligent too, I think." I say to Erwin.

"I believe so too. The enemy is even more formidable than we predicted." Eyebrows replies.

"What is that thing?" I whisper to Levi. I point at the hairy giant.

"The Beast Titan, you brat." He mutters.

The Beast Titan

Suddenly, the Beast Titan slams his first into the ground and shouts.

"I think he heard you." Levi mumbles. All the smaller Titans around the beast titan form a cage around us. What in the name of Walls are they doing? Shouldn't they be charging at us?"

"Commander, The Armored Titan is getting extremely close. And we don't even know where Berthlodt is." Armin reminds us of the Reiner closing in. I glance at the Reiner, the betrayer, and see his blank expression.

"Yes, I know." Erwin replies shortly after.

"So, you're finally ready to talk? Or should I get breakfast after all?" Levi says to Erwin.

"What are you even talking about?" I eye Levi.

Erwin lifts up his arm, "SQUAD DIRK AND SQUAD MARLENE, GO JOIN SQUAD KLAUS AT THE INNER GATE! GUARD OUR HORSE WITH YOUR LIVES!! SQUAD LEVI AND SQUAD HANGE! TAKE DOWN THE ARMORED TITAN! THIS MOMENT! THIS BATTLE! HUMANITY'S CONTINUED SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON IT! SO ONCE MORE, FOR HUMANITY'S SAKE... DEDICATE YOUR HEARTS!" He shouts

"If I stand any close to Eyebrows my ears might just bleed." I mutter and shoot out my hooks.

"Levi, Armin, Y/N, Wait." Erwin quickly says and places a hand on my shoulder. I retract my hooks and turn to him. "I know I gave orders to your squad but you're staying here, Y/N, Levi." I place my hand on my hips and scowl.

Nice. I get to protect the horses.

"You want us to protect the horses, not Eren?" Levi asks.

"That's right, and wait for an opening to kill that thing. I can only trust you guys to destroy the Beast Titan." Erwin states, his face stone cold.

Em, Pressure.

"Understood ." I reply and look away. The Thing deserves to die anyway.

"I'll make up for failing to kill that one armored brat earlier, by taking that beast's head off its body." Levi mutters to himself.

"Stop acting demonic, lets go." I shoot out my hooks towards a house and when it connects, I take my time to land on the ground. A few Titans start running to soldiers that are moving the horses. I quickly run and shoot my hooks at the Titan, and quickly after slicing its nape.

2 to 3 meter class Titans are quite useless.

"MOP UP THOSE RUNTS NOW! Before the Beast Titan makes its move! I forbid you to die!" Levi shouts . I glance over to where the voice is coming from and see Levi standing on a house giving out orders.

"Mr. Commander." I whisper to myself and chuckle. "I forbid you to die" I mock.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I hear a roar from Shiganshina, I turn around and obviously, just see the Wall.

Who could that have been?

Suddenly, the Beast Titan picks up a barrel over the Wall.

What?

Wait.

I shoot my hooks towards Levi and stop in front of him.

"The Colossal Titan must be in that barrel." I say once I reach him.

"Shit. They got us." He replies. I look away from him and see Berthlodt high in the sky.

BOOM.

Large amounts of some emit from where Berthlodt was. The Colossal Titan slowly lifts itself up.

"This side's mopped up. There's just the small ones ahead of us left." A soldier lands beside me and says. "But how are supposed to take down the Beast Titan? He's just sitting still over there. He hasn't even made a move."

"Yeah, seems like we have a coward here. Well, I guess that thing never had balls to begin with." Levi mutters and I try not to chuckle.

"We'll take care of the small ones for now." The soldier smiles and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You stay back and rest!" He says. I glance over a Levi and see him glaring at something. I trace his eyes to where they are looking and see its the hand of the soldier. I'm guessing the soldier realised because he abruptly pulled it away and quickly left.

I start to chuckle and fully face him.

"You good?" I ask and he looks away. He's about to say something when rocks start shooting our way. I use my blades to block my face and dodge a few. I look up again and see the Beast picking up more rocks and squishing them together.

"FRONTAL BOMBARDMENT! TROOPS, TAKE COVER!" Erwin shouts. I steal a quick glance at him then look forward

"Shit." I whisper and maneuver to where everyone was, Levi following behind, sputtering curses along the way.

"What's that sound?! Explosions?!?!?!" I hear some soldier ask.

"ALL OF YOU! Take the horses and retreat towards the Wall!" I yell at them.

"Hurry! GET TO COVER!!" Levi shouts. "Hey, stand up!! You want to die here?" Levi lifts up a guy by his collar. Levi and I then quickly maneuver to where Erwin is.

"How's the situation?" I ask.

"Could not be worse." Erwin begins, "Most of the houses ahead of us have been blown to bits by those stones. If he keeps this up, this place will be levelled in no time, we won't have anywhere to hide."