leave me alone (AePete)

"Leave me alone." // "I'm not crying." // "Because I'm your boyfriend!"

//.//

It had been three hours since Ae probably ruined the best thing he ever had because he couldn't control his temper. The fight was dumb in the first place, but Ae had over reacted and now he was here, heart breaking and head aching, all alone.

Ae sat on the locked door, eyebrows pulled together in worry. He and Pete had never had a fight that bad before, and now his boyfriend won't even open the door for him. Ae sighed, the words he never meant to say replaying in his head. He couldn't protect Pete this time; he was the one who hurt him.

"Pete, please let me in. I'm sorry," Ae spoke out into the air, knowing that most likely he would be ignored. Rightfully so. He was rude to the one person he cared about, the one person he introduced Nong Yim to. All because he was a hot-headed asshole.

"Leave me alone," Pete's voice sounded thick and wet, and Ae's heart clenched when memories of that same voice ran through his head. Pete crying on the steps after Trump ambushed him in the parking lot, Pete crying in the hotel room after Trump attacked him and stole his belongings, Pete crying after their first fight.

"Are you crying?" Ae asked, knowing the answer but refusing to admit it. He didn't want to come to terms with the fact that he made Pete cry, again. Pete didn't deserve this, he never deserved any of the wrong doings that came his way. Aw hated himself for making his boyfriend cry.

"I'm not crying," Pete denied, but Ae knew he was lying. Ae frowned, hands clenching together so tight that his nails made half moons in his palms. This was all his fault. Why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut?

"Baby, please don't cry. I'm so sorry," Ae sat up, trying once more to open the door he knew was locked. He still got frustrated when it didn't open.

"Why do you care?" Pete snapped and Ae felt his resolves crumble. Pete had never reacted like that and Ae knew it was all his fault, that he made Pete this way and it broke him to the very core.

"I care because I'm your boyfriend! I've always cared about you. Pete, please," Ae pleaded, forehead pressed against the wood as tears of his own slipped down his cheeks. "Koon chai, please, I didn't mean it."

The door opened and Ae looked up to see Pete with red eyes and wet cheeks, snot under his nose. Ae pulled him close, hugging him tightly, making a mental promise to never break his boy's heart again.