pink to blue (pondping)

Pond's POV to the soulmate au last chapter

I was told this could be a whole story? Y'all like that idea?

Also I wrote this on my phone please ignore any spelling errors

~

Pond was petrified when he found out his soulmate was a moon type. He was scared because moon types were notorious for being cold and closed off, private and introverted, and Pond was definitely not that. He was... rambunctious. And he wasn't quite sure how having a soulmate the complete opposite of him would work out.

And then he met Ping and of course, he misjudged his soulmate before he even met him. Ping was everything Pond wanted and more.

Ping was supportive. He would help Pond in all his little hobbies and habits, would even spend his own money on things he knew Pond might like. Ping was kind. He held Pond so close to him and was so soft and gentle it was almost like being around Pond made him a different person. Of course, Ping wasn't often rude but he could come off as brutal, but with Pond he was sweet and smiley and giggly and addicting.

Pond was addicted to him. And he didn't care.

Ping was like a cold glass of water on a hot day. He grounded Pond in ways that Pond knew he needed. Ping helped him realize that yeah, maybe he should calm down on the nosiness and yeah, maybe he was kind of addicted to porn. Ping helped him with his courses and his homework. Ping made sure that Pond would fall his family and would remind them how much he loved them.

Ping was the cool side of a pillow. He was comforting, a relief to Pond. It was scary how one touch of Ping, a hug, a kiss, a brush of fingers even, would make Pond feel so much better and more relaxed. Ping made Pond feel like he could take on the world.

Ping made Pond a better person. A more stable person. Ping completed him. And Pond felt so absolutely lucky to have Ping. They started off as quick friends but the day, the moment that Pond saw Ping's colors develop on his 18th birthday made Pond realize how dependent he was on Ping. On Ping's melodic laugh and sparkling eyes. On Ping's soft touches and firm hugs. On Ping's terrible puns and even worse dance moves.

Pond had never been the same.

And he didn't want to be. He loved himself, but he would never choose to go back to his past self where Ping wasn't in his arms or thoughts or memories. He wouldn't. He couldn't. Ping made it easier to breathe. And Pond loved him to death.