cold (pangwave)

these dudes are from The Gifted and their bromance was just too much to handle so i had to write this

these dudes are from The Gifted and their bromance was just too much to handle so i had to write this. you should check the show out! it's really good. but this has spoilers, so don't read if you haven't watched and plan to

this is like pre-relationship

~

Wave and Pang weren't super close, not by any standards. Not after Pang took so long to come back. Not after Wave told him everything that happened. They weren't friends, not anymore. Pang didn't know him, not like he used to. Pang didn't know anything. Ohm and Wave tried their best to catch him up on everything that happened, on his power, on all of their abilities, but Pang felt overwhelmed and lost. But that didn't stop Wave. 

Pang found it kind of funny that Wave told him that they used to hate each other and now it seemed like Wave's personal mission for Pang to remember what happened with the class, what happened between them. Pang didn't really mind. His other friends from Class 8 weren't happy that the Gifted students seemed so chummy with Pang (of course, they only ever hung around each other after lights out because if they got caught, all of their progress would be erased. Again. But that didn't stop them from smiling at each other in the halls or stop Ohm and Pang from high fiving each other.) But once again, Pang didn't really mind. He was saving the school one sleepless night at a time. 

It was one of those nights where Wave texted him to come to the roof so they could talk, and for some reason, Pang could never say no to Wave, so he sacrificed sleep once again and snuck out of his room, quickly making his way up to the rooftop. Once he got there, he saw Wave sitting on the edge with his feet dangling. Pang sat next to him. The two stayed quiet for a minute, enjoying each other's company. 

Pang never could understand how Wave said they hated each other. It didn't make any sense. How he felt right now, heart racing and mind reeling at the very fact that the jacket-clad boy was beside him, did not correlate to hatred. This was different, very different. 

The two boys finally started a conversation, and like always, it derailed into how they were going to bring down the Gifted system, how they were going to finally end what the Principal was making them do. But Pang wasn't paying as much attention as he should have been. He couldn't. Not when he focused on Wave blowing hot air onto his fingers every five minutes. It was distracting, and honestly, a little bit annoying. So Pang did what any sane person would do and grabbed Wave's hands, sticking them under his shirt. A shiver ran down his spine at the chill Wave's frigid fingers sent down his spine, but after a few moments, the two continued to discuss their plan. 

Maybe they did hate each other, but there was no way that this, what they felt towards each other now, was hatred. Hatred was not what he felt as Wave's fingers gripped the bare skin Pang's hips and his gaze fell to Pang's lips when he talked. It was something more.