sorry (KrisBest)

"Fuck you." // "Stay away from me." // "I'm sorry."

//.//

This wasn't how any of this was supposed to go. They were supposed to have a good night, full of laughter and kisses and softly spoken 'I love you's'. They were supposed to go to sleep wrapped in one another, maybe a little naked if Best had his way. They weren't supposed to be fighting and Kris wasn't supposed to be crying. None of this was supposed to happen.

"I was a bet? Are you fucking serious?" Kris scoffed and Best felt his heartbreak. Tears streamlined down Kris's cheeks, making Best want nothing more than to wipe them away.

"No baby, you don't understand," Best begged, scared that Kris wouldn't listen to him. The other turned away, grabbing his phone. "No, don't leave, baby please don't leave."

"Fuck you," Kris spat, voice wet sounding. "You don't care. You've never cared about me."

"Baby, this really isn't what you think it is," Best pleaded, following Kris as the younger walked towards the door. "Baby, please."

"Stop fucking calling me that," Kris tried to sound aggressive but all Best could hear was the way his voice cracked at the end. Best felt his stomach twist into a knot. "I stopped being your baby the moment you took the money. How much was I worth? Hm? A hundred?"

"B- Kris please," Best begged again, gulping around the lump in throat.

"I asked you a question."

"Five hundred."

"Five hundred. Well, at least I wasn't a cheap whore."

"You aren't a whore."

"I became a whore to you the minute you decided my body was worth five hundred dollars. Fuck you."

"Kris..."

"Stay away from me. I don't ever want to see you ever again." Kris headed towards the door but Best caught his wrist, halting the movement.

"Baby please, I'm sorry." Kris scoffed, and Best felt sick.

"Stop calling me baby." Kris tugged his wrist out of the hold and walked to the door, opening it and walking out into the dead of night without looking back. Best sank to his knees, tears trailing in steady paths down his cheeks, regretting being born. Kris didn't deserve this.