roommates? (AePete)

"Let's move in together." // "Are you sure about this?" // "No matter what you say, you can't change my mind."

this is part...6? to the cheating series

//.//

Ae was released from the hospital a couple days after he was admitted, and he held a bit of hesitation to leave. Pete was still there. And it wasn't that Ae didn't want Pete there; of course, he wanted Pete there. He wanted Pete by his side every moment of the day. But this angry Pete was something Ae wasn't ashamed to admit he was scared of. Pete had always been innocent, a shy baby who was too afraid to hurt someone's feelings. But now, Pete was irritable and snappy, too similar to Tin for Ae to be comfortable with it.

"Come on, let's go," Pete spoke from the door, voice still that monotone pitch that Ae hated so much. Ae shoved his foot into his shoe and stood, feeling apprehension grow in his tummy.

"Pete, really, I can get a bus home," he tried to appease the other boy, worried about being a burden. He hated this; he hated this tension. Even if Pete forgave him, he wasn't happy with Ae. Ae didn't like Pete not being happy.

"I'm aware, Ae. Hurry up," Pete spoke before he turned and started walking down the hallway. Ae never could say no to Pete so he followed closely behind, hands shoved in his pockets. It was awkward and tense, the silence adding more bricks to the figurative wall that currently separated Ae from Pete. Aw hated it. He stepped into the elevator a couple seconds after Pete, back gluing itself to the wall opposite of Pete. Pete just stared at him.

"Let's move in together."

"What the fuck?" Ae blinked, words flowing freely out of his mouth before he could stop them.

"Move in with me. I don't trust you to take care of yourself anymore," Pete spoke, stepping out of the elevator once it hit the ground floor and began leading Ae to his car, the soccer player following like an obedient puppy.

"Are you sure about this? Pete, I don't know if-" Ae started to talk, ready to tell Pete that this was a bad idea. Two ex boyfriends living in the same house would never be a good idea. Ever.

"No matter what you say, you can't change my mind. I don't trust your self care habits and therefore, I will make sure you are taking care of yourself. The easiest way to do that is for you to live with me," Pete shrugged, face stoic but eyes showing his determination, the fire dimmed by just a bit of sadness. Ae knew it was because he hesitated to say yes. Ae was going to say yes, he knew he was. He was really soft for Pete and saying no to the adult version of a baby was almost impossible.

"Are you sure nothing will happen? You won't get mad at me or anything?"

"Ae, I'm already mad at you. I'm so livid you did this to yourself, but if you think I'm going to let the person I love destroy himself then you are wrong. Get in the car."