pretty (petekao)

i'm listening to my indie playlist to try and get my mood up i hope it works

i might base some of these off songs in my playlist

have this? i guess?

~

Pete wasn't known to be goofy. He wasn't known to break into a playful smile often. But when Kao was feeling down, that's all he ever had on his face. And Kao was the epitome of down this past week. It was finals and while Pete was also studying, Kao was panicking. He spent all of his spare time with his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose and his textbooks open. He had ink stains constantly on his hands and highlighter markings across his fingers. His dark circles were beginning to look like bruises and Pete didn't like it.

Not one bit.

He also didn't like the fact that Kao hadn't even smiled in what seemed like three years but it was probably only thirty minutes. So he pulled a face. He crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue and waited until Kao saw him.

And he schooled his features when Kao flipped the pages in his book and didn't even look up. He pulled another one, fingers in his mouth as he pulled his cheeks apart. That face also dropped to a pout when Kao, once again, didn't look at him. So, of course, Pete did the mature thing. He took a selfie and sent it to Kao.

And when Kao didn't answer that, he sent another one.

And another.

And another.

Finally, Kao looked up, eyes full of exasperation as he grabbed his phone to quell the notifications. And finally, after what seemed like an eternity, a smile graced his face and Pete found his heart racing as he stared at the ray of sunshine he called a boyfriend.

"What was this for?" Kao asked, smile still adorning his features. He closed his book and put down his pen and moved closer to Pete, sitting on his lap with his arms crossed behind Pete's head. Pete's hands found a home spread on Kao's hips, pulling him so close that their chests were flush against one another's.

"To see that pretty smile of yours."