baby fever (AePete)

"You're pregnant."

i don't know haha i just wanted to write an aob verse fic

based off the fact that Ae canonically loves the way Pete smells and goes out of his way to sniff him all the time

~

Pete stared at the plastic stick in his hand, one pink line in the indication window as vivid as it could be and a fainter pink line beside it. He was pregnant. He was nineteen, pregnant and he was still in school. His boyfriend was still in school. The baby's other father. But yet, even knowing all of this, Pete felt a smile grow in his face and joy grow in his chest.

Pete was pregnant and Ae was the father. They were going to be parents. Pete and Ae talked about having children before, starting a family together in the future before. Pete supposed that since that talk happened a year ago, today was as much as the future as tomorrow would have been. But even if he was excited, he was also genuinely scared shitless. Yes, he was ready for children, but was Ae? Ae had so many things ahead of him that Pete did not want to mess with. He was going to be Pack Alpha soon, he had his football scholarship and his engineering degree. Pete had school too, but he was an omega. He really only needed to serve his mate. And be Pack Luna since Ae was his mate.

He wanted Ae happy, always. He was scared that a baby wouldn't make him happy.

He never got the chance to tell him.

It wasn't that Ae left him before he got a chance. It was that Ae knew something was wrong since Pete was acting so secretive and found the test box in the bathroom.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" Pete looked at him, eyes wide and jaw slack. "Were you not going to tell me?"

"What? Of course, I was going to tell you! I was worried that Ae was going to be mad so I-"

"Be mad? Why would I be mad?"

"Because well, we are so young and you aren't pack alpha yet and-"

"Pete, please stop talking. You're having my baby. I don't care about any of that. You're pregnant." A smile broke out on Ae's face as he moved to sit next to Pete on the bed, a hand immediately going to rest on Pete's still flat stomach. "I am fucking ecstatic."

Pete smiled, not saying anything. He really shouldn't have worried.