ghostly (pondping)

"I thought you were a ghost."

I might have an addiction to writing this couple oops

~

The dorms on their campus were old and rickety, but they were brand new compared to this cabin the school booked. Having their "end of hazing" party in the woods was his seniors' idea and while it seemed pretty fun, he didn't like it anymore. There were bugs everywhere, Ae was being an asshole because Pete couldn't come and Bow and Pond were with the other group of fifth years at the other end of the lodge. And he couldn't sleep. Every single noise in the cabin seemed to be amplified and it was annoying Ping to no end.

He wanted to go home.

Especially when he heard the creaking of footsteps in the hall when their curfew had been over an hour ago and if anyone were caught being awake, they would get punished. Well, not really since the seniors couldn't really punish the freshman anymore, but the threat was still enough to keep all of the first years down. Which had to mean that that sound from the hallway was a ghost and Ping was going to die.

And it was very super annoying that he was going to die before he got to kiss his boyfriend one final time, so Ping decided to at least go out with a bang and fight this ghost so it didn't kill anyone else. Which probably wasn't his best idea, but he was the only one who seemed to care about this noise so he guessed he didn't have a choice. So with his pillow in hand, he walked to the door and reached for the handle just as soon as it opened. His scream was cut off by a hand clasping his mouth and a very firm whisper of "baby, shut up!" got his attention. Baby?

Once his eyes focused on the intruder, he noticed that it was Pond who was staring at him like he had lost his mind. He felt a little silly but the happiness he got from seeing his boyfriend for the first time all day overpowered it.

"What the hell, babe?" Pond whispered as they closed the door and walked back to Ping's bed.

"I thought you were a ghost," Ping supplied, punching his boyfriend in the arm when he started to laugh at him.

"Were you going to hit me with a pillow?" Pond smiled at him, shaking his head before pulling Ping's head down to his chest. "You're so cute."

And Ping finally fell asleep, just before Pond whispered the first "I love you."