Chapter 3

We headed towards state street using the directions he gave us. We ended up in a warehouse in the middle of the day trying to get passed workers. When we finally got to the office that he told us to go to we pulled a book off the shelf and the bookcase opened. We walked in cautiously. No one was here except Dick Barbara and Annabeth.
I rushed over to her.
"Hey are you okay?"
"Yeah" she said "can you untie me?"
I did and then went over to help Barbara.
"Thalia!" Annabeth cursed in Ancient Greek.
"I completely forgot. She's probably knocked out somewhere" I said
Dick still wasn't awake and I noticed he had the same scratches as Annabeth. Barbara has the start of one.
"Just tell us what happened" Bruce said "well Dick and I were at the store when we heard some commotion so we went to see what was up. Next thing I know we're stuck here and Annabeth is next to us. Then someone came and...shot the Joker."
I looked over and there he was crumpled on the ground a pool of blood around him. Bruce didn't kill. I didn't kill. The sight of the body made me sick.
"Let's go" Bruce said "I'll call Jim and let him know"
"What did he look like?" I asked "the man that shot"
"Well his face was covered with a red mask and he wore black and red" Dick said "something about him was familiar. The way he held himself."
"C'mon let's go" I said "Thalia is probably ready to come looking for us."
We made it back to Wayne manor where Thalia was pacing.
"Are you okay" she rushed to Annabeth
"I'm okay" she said
"So am I thanks for asking" I mumbled

We headed back to camp later that night. Bruce fixed my bar and then we went to Annabeth's to celebrate. Nothing weird happened. Annabeth wore makeup to hide the cuts so her dad wouldn't worry and no one would question where they were from.
It was too weeks later as The Apollo cabin lead the sing along like always but I felt sick so I snuck away early to my cabin.

I woke up. My cabin was colder than usual. I stood up. Conner Stoll stood next to me.
"Hey why are you in here?" I asked
"Hurry!" he said
"What?" I asked
"Hurry up your uncle is coming to get you." He said
"What why?"
"It's the last day of camp duh"
I stood and changed into a camp tee and jeans.
I walked towards the pavilion.
"Hey Percy!" Someone yelled behind me.
I turned. A guy jogged up he had sandy blonde hair and a scar down his face.
"Luke?!" I asked I reached into my pocket for riptide. Luckily I still had that. I uncapped the pen and stood ready.
"Wow Perce relax" he said "look erm later me and some of the guys were going to plan for...you know what."
"Um..." I paused "m'kay where"
"In the woods like always" he said "right after breakfast"
I hurried off I had to find Annabeth. She was sitting at the Athena table.
"Hey Annabeth we need to talk" I said
"Um okay" she stood slightly blushing I heard some of the Aphrodite kids snicker and whisper.
"What is going on?" I asked "where am I?"
"At camp" she said "Percy are you feeling okay."
"Yeah" I said "are you going on patrol later?"
"What?" She asked
"In Gotham" I said
"Where?" She asked
"What the hades is going on?" I muttered