Chapter 19

"I knew it" I whooped
Everyone looked at me. I shrugged. I looked around usually Chiron would make a formal announcement. Like 'all hail Timothy Drake Son of Athena'
He wasn't here. I frowned where was he? Where was Thalia? I'd noticed that since Thalia got back Chiron had become less frequent in calling like he used to. And at camp he had become...not uncaring...distant? Yeah distant.
"Congrats Tim" I said Annabeth was behind him "now you can call the scariest person on earth a sister"
Annabeth rolled her eyes.
"I need to think" I said "could I borrow a flash grenade?"
"Why?" She asked "besides don't you have your own?"
"Um mine are gone." I said
"No you can't" she said "if you do something is going to happen and then I'll get in trouble for getting you out like always."
"Fine" I said "and I won't get in trouble I never do"
"Sure" she said sarcastically she walked off guiding Tim towards the Athena cabin. Selina Beauregard ran after her smiling.
I went to my cabin and opened the door. I put on my gloves and raced into the woods.

It was breakfast I was alone like always. I stood and stepped out of the pavilion to take a brake and get my mind of of things. Tim seemed to be fitting in with the other campers well. I was walking back to my cabin when I saw kids gathering around something. I pulled my gloves out of my pockets and put them on. Annabeth stood at the front of the crowd talking to whoever it was. everyone had what weapons were on them in view. I realized it wasn't even an Iris message it was really someone.
"What do you want?" Annabeth demanded
"I want plenty of things. World peace. End world hunger." I didn't even need to see his face. Ra's Al Ghul. "But currently I seek the boy wonder."
"None of us know who or where he is" Annabeth lied quickly
"Are you sure Annabeth. What about Paladin?" He asked "do any of them know?"
Malcolm looked at her. She must've told him. He looked at her hands. She wore her gloves and I saw her fiddling with a disk.
People were whispering about things.
"Why are you here?" She demanded again
"I told you I need Robin or Paladin." He said
"For what?" Annabeth asked
"A confidential mission " he said "if no one comes forward...well I'll take both by force and I only need one of you the other will meet an...unfortunate fate"
I walked forward Annabeth looked at me. She mouthed 'I'm sorry' I realized what she was saying.
"I'll come" she said she said it quietly so I couldn't hear but I knew what she said
"No!" I yelled
"Oh shut up seaweed brain" she said "you can't take my place"
"No ananbeth!" I yelled she crossed her hands.
I started pushing through the crowd.
"No!" I yelled
"Very well." He said "we'll be on our way"
I dove forward right as they disappeared in a flash of light.
"Ra's!" I yelled "bring her back!"
I hit the floor with my fist.
"Ra's!" I yelled
"I'll kill him" Thalia said
"Get in line" I said