Chapter 32

Arrows flew and even though the fire alarms had gone off there were still kids running around.
"Grover clear the area!" I shouted
The monster lunged at me and I dropped from the spaceship down to a model of the world and slid down dropping from the equator.
Grover was trying to corral kids and at this point I wish Artemis didn't listen to me and was still here.
The last cord on the plane snapped and the monster fell to the ground. Thalia dropped off the second floor and landed across from me. The lion regarded both of us tying to figure out who to eat first.
"Get it to open its mouth!" Zoë yelled
"Working on it!" I yelled at the same time as Thalia.
I looked around. I needed options and fast.
The gift shop! I had a vague memory of when my mom brought me here all those years ago. I'd made my mom get me something I regretted.
"Keep it occupied Thalia!" I yelled running for the gift shop.
"This is no time for souvenirs boy!" Zoë yelled
I ran not bothering to try to avoid anything that got in my way.
There on the wall I saw it. Glittery silver packages of freeze dried astronaut food.
I gathered a bunch in my hands and ran out. Thalia was backed against a was the lion advancing on her.
"Percy what ever you're going to-" the lion brought back it's paw like it was about to strike.
"Thalia cross your hands!" I yelled
She did just as the lions paw connected and sent her flying. I hoped the suit had taken most of the blow.
She stood very shakily as the lion advanced on her.
"Hey!" I yelled I was still to far away to do anything.
Without thinking I threw the only thing in my hand (besides the astronaut food) Riptide.
"Oracle connect me with Paladin" I said
"Robin Who is-"
"Just do it!" I yelled as the lion turned towards me.
"Paladin" I said "you have to help me."
"Percy whats-"
"Robin" I said "and you're Paladin. Listen in the belt is a small black and grey sphere."
The lion snarled and I got ready to charge.
"On three hit the button on the top and throw it on the ground in between me and the lion." I said "ready...one-"
The lion charged at me.
"Three!" I yelled
Smoke flew up blocking the lions view for a second. I quickly put on my mask so I could see through it better and chucked the space food as the lion roared.
It flew down his throat it reared up and stared gagging. Smoke started clearing.
"Zoë you get ready!" I yelled activating the rest of my suit.
I could hear people screaming behind me. The lion finally choked down the food and roared at me. That was its mistake. I threw an ice-cream sandwich that lodged in his throat. I chucked more in.
"Now!" I yelled at Zoë
Arrows pierced the lions maw. It thrashed wildly then fell backwards unmoving.
Alarms wailed and security guards ran around having no idea what was going on.
"Perseus Jackson you owe me and explanation" Thalia said "that was awesome!"
"First." I said looking around to make sure no one saw I deactivated my suit.
"What was that thing I threw-"
I grabbed Thalia's hands and crossed them so the suit deactivated.
Zoë and Bianca jumped from the balcony down next to me.
"That was an interesting strategy" Zoë said
"Hey it worked" I said Zoë didn't argue.
The lion seemed to be melting like all monsters but it melted into a fur coat.
"Take it" Zoë said
"What the lions fur?" I asked "isn't that like against the law-"
"Spoils of war" she said "it is rightly thine"
"But you killed it" I protested
She shook her head almost smiling.
"I think thy ice-cream sandwich did that" she said "fair is fair, little bird. Take the fur."
"What did you call me-"
"Take it"
I picked up the fur which was surprisingly light. It shifted into a full length golden brown duster.
"Not exactly my style" I muttered
"We have to go" Grover said "the security guards won't stay confused for long."
"The security guards are not our biggest worry."Zoë said pointing at the doors.
Through the crowd of people that were gathering I could see a group of men walking across the lawn grey men in grey camouflage outfits.
Even worse I saw a black bat like figure land on the lawn.
"Go they'll be hunting me" I said "I'll distract them"
"No" Zoë said "you come with us"
"But you said-"
"You are part of this quest now"she said glaring slightly "and we won't leave anyone behind."
We left the museum. I tried to keep my head down (partly so questions weren't raised by the press as to why Bruce Wayne's kid was seen leaving a building that had just been partially destroyed without a scratch but mostly so Bruce wouldn't see me) unluckily Artemis saw me looked apologetically. Batman saw me and his frown deepened.
"Oracle" I whispered
"Yeah?" She asked
"Do me a favor and don't let Batman connect to my communicator." I said
"Okay" She said 
"What do you think you're doing-" Bruce growled in my communicator.
"How did you-" Barbara started
"I'm Batman!"
"Sorry gotta go" I said as the skeletons came out of the museum.
"Robin-" I took out my communicator and ran for the van with the others.
___________________________
Freakin heck! Season 3 of Young Justice is coming out on January 4! I couldn't be more excited 😆!