Chapter 26

When I finally got back to camp I went straight to my cabin. Inside hung my Minotaur horn. I took Annabeth's hat and put it on my dresser. Right next to a picture of me about age nine right before mom was killed. She had me on her shoulders and looked so happy. So unlike the picture Kyle Rayner had drawn. The other picture was one of me, Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Cass, Annabeth, and Jason. All of us were smiling although Jason and Bruce only had faint smiles I had one more Annabeth, Grover, and I. After we got back from California.
I tossed my gloves down on my bed and sat down putting my hands on my head.
I tapped my wristwatch and the shield Tyson had made for me. It creaked and sprung out. It was obvious where the thorns had hit. Maybe I could see if Beckendorf could fix it. I'd ask him at dinner. While I was inspecting it I heard a gurgling. I followed the sound till I was in a different room where a fountain of water was the water must've been really hot because mist sprayed up giving the room a saltwater smell.
"Thanks dad" I said
In the bottom of the pool about a dozen gold drachmas shimmered I scooped one up and opened my window letting the light stream in.
"Iris O goddess of the rainbow accept my offering." I tossed the coin in and paused. Who should I call?
"Show me Tyson at the Forges of the Cyclops."
A misty image of my half brother appeared he was surrounded by fire and hammering away at something.
"Tyson" I said
He didn't hear me so
"TYSON!"
He turned and noticed me a giant smile spread across his face.
"Percy" he ran at my image and tried to hug it.
"Tyson it's an Iris Message I'm not really here"
"Oh" he said looking embarrassed
"How are you how's the job?" I asked
"Love the job look" he held up a hot sword blade with his bare hands "I made this"
"Awesome" I said "hey do you talk to dad much"
"No much Daddy is busy" Tyson said "he's worried about the war"
"What war?"
"Old sea spirits causing trouble shielding bad boat." Tyson said "otherwise daddy would crush it"
"Crushing it would be good" I said
Tyson paused for a second before perking up.
"Is Annabeth there"
Tyson really thought Annabeth was the coolest thing since peanut butter and he loved peanut butter. I paused I couldn't tell him I didn't have the heart.
"She-um she's busy right now"
"We'll tell her hello" Tyson yelled "hello to Annabeth!"
Someone shouted from across the room and Tyson jumped up and said.
"Have to get back to work boss will get mad! Good luck brother"
"Okay tell dad-" the image faded leaving me feeling lonelier than before.
I turned to leave the room when I tripped over a board. The one I'd used to hide my suit when I first got to camp. I crouched down and pulled it up reveling my old suit. I pulled it up. I completely forgot I had left it here last time I came. I ran my thumb over the R on the upper right of the shirt. Dust came off. I smile faintly remembering.

Bruce glanced up he was in his suit.
"Suit up Percy" he said and he tossed a package at me.
In it was a red shirt that would be easy to move in but not get in my way. And green leggings. Instead of a black cape with a hood it was blue.
"Thanks" I said and I changed into it eagerly.
"Let's go on patrol" Bruce said after I changed. "Happy birthday"

I ran my hand across the sleeve coming to a stop at a newer stitch it was torn here once probably because of the beating Two-face had given me.

He saw my outfit.
"Robin" he said "where's the bat"
Suddenly his fist connected with my gut.
"Where's the bat?" he yelled "I know!"
I looked passed him and saw Dick unconscious and tied to a chair.
He grabbed my pole and hit me in the arm with it. Then my leg. Then my gut again. I felt sick. He grabbed a empty glass bottle and threw it against the crate nearest me. The shards cut my face. He slammed the pole into my nose and I felt a crack. Suddenly he hit my across the face and I felt blood drip onto my neck. He dropped the pole and hit my face. He continued I felt my lip split again. I tasted blood. My vision was getting foggy. The guy dropped me and I fell to the ground.
I tried to stand up and he proceeded to kick me. A crowbar connected with my arm then my leg then my stomach. My face was hit again. Two face paused for a second and I croaked out a curse aimed at him. He didn't say anything but proceeded to kick me in the gut. I heaved and spit out blood on the floor. He hit my chest with the crowbar. I coughed more blood came up. A kick hit my face. Someone pulled me to my feet.
"Huh the first robin had more fight and stamina than you." Two face said as he pushed me up against a create and proceeded to punch my gut. "Not a surprise. Probably a result of bad breeding."
I lifted my legs and kicked him back. He only stumbled a bit and my ankle burned. So did a fire in Harvey's eyes.
He practically threw me on the floor. I saw spots. As he lifted the crowbar above his head I looked passed him again and noticed and empty chair.
I smiled. I saw a fist raised behind what used to be Harvey dent.
Then I saw darkness.

I touched the scar across my face and one that ran across my left arm. I thought of Annabeth. She probably had a mark in her suit and on her leg where the bullet hit her. Dick had shown me a scar from his bout with Bane back when Dick was Robin. Chiron told me once " we all have our scars whether physical or emotional they are a reminder of the battles we won, lost, and the ones we are fighting"
A conch shell sounded in the distance bringing me out of thought. I sighed and headed towards the pavilion. I touched my shoulder where the thorn had hit me a day ago. A scar was probably there. A reminder of the battle I had fought against Dr Thorne and the one I would. Saving Annabeth may be the hardest battle I would ever fight. But intended to succeed.