Chapter 5

Barry took me to a restaurant to get me food. I didn't realize how hungry running got you. We walked back out into the street. Where an idea came to me when I saw a car wash.
"Hey do you have any coins?" I asked
"Um yeah why?"
I reached into my pocket and pulled out a drachma.
"We need to go to the car wash" I said
Barry put a few coins in and I whispered a prayer to Iris.
"Show me Annabeth Chase on earth thirty-eight" I said
A misty image of Annabeth shimmered in front of me. She was pacing in the batcave.
"Annabeth!" I said
"Percy thank the gods!" She said "where are you?"
"Earth forty one" I said "I'm okay...Barry's here and I have Wally's ring and speed"
"What?" She asked
"Barry's trying to get me home" I said "there is another me. And Luke is at camp here. And you..." I thought to how at camp earlier the Aphrodite cabin freaked out when I talked to Annabeth. "And I think you er not you-"
"I get it" she said
"I think she likes me" I said
She laughed although I noticed a change in her face
"She might" she said "but if you think I? Your crazy seaweed brain."
"Yeah" I sighed "I know"
"I gotta go" she said as I heard an alarm I saw her pull on her gloves as the connection broke.
I sighed.
"Girl problems?" Barry asked
"Kinda...I'm not exactly sure how I feel" I said
"She is kinda hard to read huh?" He asked
"Yeah" I said
"Well I'll tell you one thing" he said "you aren't."
"Is it that obvious?" I asked
"Even if you don't realize it...you like Annabeth Chase" I heard him mutter.
"Like her?" I scoffed "yeah right!"

Barry took me to the motel he was staying at. He wouldn't let me leave but he went off somewhere. I sat watching TV for a little while but I couldn't sit still so I left to find something to do.
I walked the streets when I noticed someone following me. I ducked into an alley and looked for something to fight with. Then I remembered I had speed.
I heard a muffled landing and turned dodged a knife that was thrown at me. Everything slowed down. I grabbed the knife and threw it back at them. They dodged and reached for a different weapon. I ran forward and whacked them across the head. Barry ran into the alley right as they collapsed.
"What is going on?" He demanded
"Well I don't know" I said
I walked over to the unconscious figure and pulled of the mask. It was a woman. I leaned closer. She had brown slightly wavy hair. Something wasn't right. Suddenly she tensed up and her eyes flipped open they were green and had a fierce look. She shoved me up against the wall.
"The boy wonder" she said
How'd she know that? I didn't have anything to show that.
I was having trouble breathing.
"Who are you?" I choked out
"Of course he hasn't told you" she sighed "No matter. I'm Talia Al Ghul"
___________________________
Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you think and tell me if you want to see another hero in this book let me know who in the comments or private message me.