Chapter 12

One week had passed since if met Cass. We'd become fairly good friends. Even though there was a slight communication barrier. Bruce had fitted Barbara's old suit and showed Cass how to activate it. Annabeth who still refused to say she was a sidekick had bonded with Cass. I think she was still a little bothered that she wasn't batgirl. She'd be fine.
I woke up to sun streaming through my window. I looked at my clock. 8:32 Bruce never let me sleep in that late he always woke me up around six or seven to train except on my birthday.
I walked out into the dinning room where Alfred greeted me.
"Happy birthday sir" he said
"Thanks Alfie"
Alfred made blue waffles for breakfast and gave me a bag of blue candy. I thought of my mom.
Bruce came in smiling.
"Happy birthday Percy" he said
"Thanks"
He slid a package to me. I opened it. Inside was a charm. Like it could fit with my beads. It was a small shell. I pulled out another. This one was a sword. I pulled out a set of keys.
"What's this for?" I asked
"Open the last one and I'll tell you" he said
I opened the last one. The package we picked up in manhattan. I tore it open. Inside was something I recognized. A bar just like my other one. And a new pair of gloves. And a pair of shoes.
"Why?" I asked
"I'll show you after you see what the keys go to" he said
We went to the garage. Inside was a motorcycle. It was blue. On the side was a small trident.
"Thanks" I said hugging him. "How much?"
"That doesn't matter" he said "besides Dick and I got an old one and fixed it."
"Can byou show me how these gloves and this bar works?" I asked
"Come on" he said he pulled me into a hug. We walked towards the batcave.
The bar was essentially the same as my old one. The gloves worked close to the same way. These Bruce told me could withstand fire and a Batarang wouldn't be able to hurt my hand unless thrown with extra strength. He said I could also activate it so they would stick so I could climb easier. The shoes did that too. Although they wouldn't work on all surfaces and had to be checked periodically. The gloves didn't work nearly as well as Bruce wanted but I could get some extra grip.
I practice with them for a little while before Cass came down.
She'd been staying with us for the passed week.
"Hey" I said
"Hi" she said
Bruce frowned as she sat.
"Come on Cass" he said "you and Percy are going to spar."
"Wait that's not-" I started
"Fair?" He asked "you've fought me and Dick. Was that fair?"
"Fine"
I stood ready as Cass went to grab her belt. She came down and found a few things from her belt.
"try not to hurt you" she said
"Thanks" I said
She attacked throwing a kick at me. I blocked and took a defensive position. I blocked kick after punch. Until I advanced on her. I swung a fist at her head while kicking her leg. She dodged both. I dove under the fist she threw at me. I slid to a stop behind her and tackled her legs. She fell to the ground next to me. She elbowed my face and I felt a crack. She stood and put her foot on my chest. I sighed. All I'd gotten from this was another broken nose.