Chapter 23

"Mortals" the auburn haired girl said calmly "can not witness the hunt."
She waved her hand and the helicopter was turned to dust...not dust ravens. They dispersed into many directions.
The girl helped Thalia to her feet.
"Zoë nightshade" Thalia said "perfect time as usual."
"We have to get Annabeth" I said
"No you can not go" she said
"Who are you to stop me?" I asked angrily
Zoë stepped forward as if to slap me.
"No!" The auburn hair girl said "I sense no disrespect he's simply confused. I am Artemis goddess of the hunt."
I stammered. "Um....okay"
I looked at my hands where Annabeth's gloves sat. Grover fell to his knees and started stammering.
"Get up goat boy" Thalia snapped "we have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone"
"Cassandra is going to kill me" I said "oh gods Barbara is going to kill me."
"Whoa hold up" Bianca said "who are all you people?"
"A better question my dear might be who are you? Who are your parents?"
"Our parents are dead." She stepped closer to her brother "there's a bank trust that pays for our school, but...." she trailed off probably reading us and realizing we didn't believe her.
"What?" She demanded "in telling the truth"
"You are a half-blood" Zoë said "one of thy parents was mortal the other was an Olympian.
"Like an athlete?"
"No," Zoë said "one of the gods"
"Cool!" Nico said
"No this is not cool."
"Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred-"
"Nico shut up" Bianca said "this isn't your stupid game the gods aren't real."
I gave Bianca a sympathetic smile. Even though I was worried about Annabeth I couldn't help but feel sorry for them.
Thalia was probably thinking the same thing because she calmed down a little bit and said "Bianca I know it's hard to believe but the gods still live. Their immortal and whenever they have kids with mortals like us...well our lives are dangerous."
"Like the girl who fell?" Bianca asked
Thalia turned away and I fiddled with the gloves with tears in my eyes. Even Artemis looked pained.
"Do not despair for Annabeth she is a brave maiden I she can be found I shall find her." She said
"Then why can't we go look for her?" I asked
"She's gone can't you sense it son of Poseidon? Magic is at work I don't know how or why but she's vanished."
"Luke" I growled even though I had little evidence his name popped into my head. Thalia looked at me.
"What about Dr Thorne is he dead?" Nico asked
"Hopefully he's destroyed and won't reappear for a while." Artemis said  "monsters can't die. When they reappear they must be hunted"
"Or they hunt us" Thalia said
"Nico that explains in D.C." She said
"I told you that was real" Nico said
"That's why Grovers been keeping an eye on you" I said "to keep you safe"
"Grover your a demigod?" Bianca looked at his in disbelief.
"A satyr actually" he kicked off his shoes and Bianca looked like she was about to faint.
"Put them back on Grover" Thalia said "your scaring her"
"Hey my hooves are clean" he said
"Bianca we came to help you" I said "you and Nico need training to survive you must come to camp. It's the only way to survive"
"No it's not" Zoë said
"Yes it is" Thalia glared at her
"Zoë set up camp and retrieve their things from inside." Artemis ordered and Zoë passed the orders on.
"Bianca I'd like to speak with you" Artemis said
"What about me?" Nico asked
"Perhaps you can show Grover how to play that game you love" she said
"Okay" Nico pulled Grover away talking about hit points and things like that.
Zoë gave Thalia an evil look before walking off.
"Ugh the nerve of those hunters!" Thalia said
"I'm with you I don't-"
"Your with me? Percy what were you thinking going after Dr Thorne alone you knew he was a monster!" She yelled
"I-"
"If we had stuck together we could've taken him and the hunters wouldn't have gotten involved!" She yelled "Annabeth might still be here"
I was about to say some harsh things that would've probably got me into a full blown fight but I noticed something in the snow. A navy blue baseball cap.
Thalia said nothing else she turned wiped a tear from her cheek and walked away leaving me with the trampled Yankees hat.

Ten Tents were set up in five minutes flat. Some of the girls blew silver whistles and white wolves trotted into the clearing and stood guard. The girls walked among them feeding them treats. I figured it was best to stay away. I was given my bag and Grover came over to clean my shoulder wound.
I peeled my shirt off shivering in the cold.
"Its green!" Nico said happily
"Perce where'd these scars-"
"Those are from an old bike accident." I said I could tell he didn't believe me by his body language.
Those scars were an old memory of the night in the warehouse. I'd been caught by Two-face and beat probably close to death. If it hadn't been for my parentage it probably would've been a lot worse.
I ate a square of ambrosia and felt better while Grover put a paste on my shoulder.
Nico asked to see Riptide so I showed him how it worked.
"Does it ever run out of ink?" He asked
"Gee Nico I've never actually written with it."
"Are you really a son of Poseidon?" He asked
"Yeah"
"Does that mean your good at surfing?" He asked
"I've never surfed before"
"If Annabeth is a daughter of Athena why didn't she know better than to jump off a cliff" he asked I nearly strangled him for that.
Luckily before he asked how many hit points I had Zoë came.
"Perseus Jackson lady Artemis wishes to speak to you"
___________________________
Happy freakin birthday Percy!!! 🎁🎉
Sorry this update took so long school has started for me and life has been crazy.