Chapter 25

Artemis said dawn was coming soon but nothing pointed to it. Even after spending countless nights in the streets of Gotham all night I still couldn't tell when the sun was going to rise.
"Ugh he's so lazy some days" Artemis said and within five minutes the sun peaked over the horizon.
As it got closer I realized it was headed for us. I put my hand up to block the light. A shinning sports car stopped in front of us. The snow on the ground under it melted and grass poked out.
The driver got out he looked to be seventeen or eighteen for a second I thought it was Luke. The guy had the same sandy hair and good looks. But this guy was taller by probably an inch or two about the same height as Bruce. His smile was more playful and brighter.
"Wow" Thalia said "Apollo is hot"
"He's the sun God" I said
"That's not what I meant"
"Little sister" Apollo called of his teeth were any whiter we'd all go blind "what's up you never call never write I was getting worried"
"I'm fine, Apollo. And I'm not your little sister" Artemis said
"Hey, I was born first"
"We're twins how many-"
"So what's up?" He interrupted "got the girls with you need tips on archery?"
"I need a favor" Artemis said through gritted teeth "I have some hunting to do alone I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-blood"
"Sure sis" he said "I feel a haiku coming on"
The hunters all groaned
"Green grass breaks through snow.
Artemis pleads for my help.
I am so cool"
He grinned as if he expected applause
"The last line was only four syllables" Artemis pointed out
"Was it?" Apollo frowned
"What about...I am so big-headed?"
"No no that's six syllables" Apollo started muttering
" 'tis not as bad as the time he bustiers limerick" Zoë said "if I had to hear one more poem that started with. There once was a goddess from Sparta-"
"I've got it" Apollo announced "I am so awesome. That's five syllables!" He bowed smiling
"These campers will need rides as well" Artemis said
"Of course" Apollo said "Thalia Grace Zeus's kid right?"
"Y-yeah" Thalia stumbled
"Got turned into a tree huh?" He said "man I hate it when beautiful girls get turned into trees there was this one time-"
"Brother we really must hurry" Artemis said
"Percy Jackson" Apollo said he studied me for a while giving me the creeps. "I'm a fan of your work." He said after a while he held up his hand and in it was a Batarang. I immediately reached for mine to make sure they were still there it was so where'd that come from? It vanished when I looked back.
"Trick of the light" he said smiling "oh I hate to change out of sports car mode but..." he pressed a button on the keys and in a flash of light the sports car became a bus.
"So who wants to drive?"

I wish I could drive. But in the end Apollo settled on Thalia.
I'll skip the details but within a few minutes we were headed straight towards the lake at camp after setting fire to half New England.
Whoop
The water flew up and I quickly made my way out and swam towards shore. The others were close behind.
Snow lightly covered the ground and was lightly falling which surprised me.
"Whoa is that a climbing wall?" Nico asked
"Yeah"
"Why is there lava pouring down it?"
"Little extra challenge" I said "come on you can meet Chiron. Zoë have you-"
"I've met Chiron" she said "tell him we'll be in cabin eight. Hunters follow me"
As Bianca left she whispered something to Nico who scowled and turned away.
"Take care sweethearts!" Apollo called "watch out for those prophecies Percy. I'll see you soon"
"What do you mean?"
He ignored me and hopped into the bus.
"Later Thalia uh be good"
He smiled as if he knew something she didn't. And within seconds the bus had turned into a red Maserati and flew off into the sky.
"Who's Chiron" Nico asked
"Our activities director he's well...you'll see" I said
As we were walking towards the big house Thalia said
"What's the boy wonders plan?"
"I don't know but it involves saving Annabeth" I muttered
"If you hadn't-"
"I'm not having this conversation now Thalia!" I yelled Nico looked back and I lowered my voice. "Not now"

The big house smelled like hot chocolate when we walked in. Chiron and Mr D were playing cards. The blanket on his lap almost cover his wheelchair. Oh. I remembered I still had to tell Barbara and Cass about Annabeth.
"Ah Percy Thalia." Chiron smiled "and you must be..."
"Nico Di Angelo." I said "he and his sister are half-bloods"
"Good we succeeded then" he said
"Well..."
"Wait" his smile melted "where's Annabeth?"
"Oh dear we lost another one" Mr D said
"What do you mean who else is lost?" Thalia asked
Grover burst in smiling.
"The hunters are all moved in!"
"Ah the hunters" Chiron said "we have much to talk about. Grover go show Nico the orientation film"
"But...oh right yes sir" Grover bleated
"Is it G or PG?" Nico asked "cause Bianca is kinda strict-"
"It's PG-13" Grover said
"Cool" Nico followed Grover into another room.
"Now tell us what happened"
We told them from the moment we got to Westover hall.
"We must send a quest to find her" Chiron said
At the same time Thalia and I said
"I'll go"
"Certainly not" Mr D said
We started to protest.
"From what you have told me we have broken even on this escapade regrettable we lost Annie Bell"
"Annabeth!" I snapped she'd been at camp for seven years and he still pretended not to know her name.
"You've produced this annoying boy to replace her. I see no point risking further half-bloods to save this Annie girl who has a great possibility of being dead." Mr D said
"Annabeth is a smart girl if anyone could survive it's her" Chiron said
"Luke would want her alive" Thalia said
"If she's so smart then I'm afraid she'll have to find her own way to escape" Mr D said
"We can help her" I yelled "YOU could but you won't because your a self centered jerk that only cares about himself"
Fire flared in his eyes literally. A purple fire flared in his eyes.
"We will have a friendly game of capture the flag" Chiron said slowly "why don't you two go let everyone know"
"Sure thing" Thalia pulled me out of the big house " you all ready have one god that hates you don't get another"
She was right ares god of war would turn me into a pile of ashes without one second hesitation.
"I'll go break up that fight" Thalia said I turned to where she was pointing and realized a hunter and an ares camper looked like they were about to kill each other.
"You can go make the rounds and let everyone know about capture the flag." She said "you should be captain"
"No" I said
"You've been here longer" she pointed out
"Can we like co-captain or something?" I asked
"Uh yeah sure" she looked as uncomfortable as I felt about that.

I figured now would be as good a time as any to tell Bruce somehow so I hitched a ride with argus who was going into Gotham to gather supplies. He let me out at town hall where I pulled up the hood of my sweatshirt to keep the rain out of my face and made my way towards the Wayne enterprises building. I decided to take a shortcut through an alley where I could scale a wall and end up on the south side of the building but as I was I heard a groan. I turned to see a man bruised and bloody. I crouched down to help him. He must've been mugged.
"I'm going to help you" I said
Whoosh
Something flew down behind me and as I turned a boot flew at my face I ducked under it. My attacker was wearing a black mask with only their eyes uncovered. I went to attack them, swinging a punch at them. but they easily grabbed my arm and shoved me against the wall they pushed the hood off and suddenly let me go. Before anything could be said they tackled me in a hug. I frowned and tried to pull away but they wouldn't let go. Obviously they knew me.
"Percy!" they said it was obviously a girl. How did they know me. I studied her and settled on her eyes. "Worried"
"Cass?!" She pulled the mask off. "Your suit?"
"Undercover" she said slowly
"What?" I asked "oh your undercover. Why?"
"attacked" she pointed to herself
"Oh that's why your worried. Who attacked you?" I asked she shrugged
"Said...revenge" she paused
"Jason?" I asked but Jason had even been occasionally spending the night at the manor why would he want revenge "Ra's?"
"No" she shook her head
"Who do they want revenge on?" I asked
"Don't know"
I crouched next to the man and grabbed a bandage from my bag.
"Do you have a phone?" I asked signaling so she'd understand better
Cass shook her head but the man pointed to his chest and I realized he was telling me he had one. I grabbed it and dialed 911.
"There's a man hurt here" I said "the alley behind Chris' Market"
We hurried off when we heard the sirens getting near.
"I need to talk to Bruce" I said
Cass nodded deactivated her suit and we headed towards the Wayne enterprise building. As we were walking towards the elevator to get to his office a man stopped us he looked like a security guard.
"I can't let you pass unless you have an appointment" he said I stood straighter hoping to play the 'Bruce Wayne's son' card well.
"We don't have one but we need to get passed" I said who was this guy anyway? I studied him he had black hair and green eyes those were not the eyes of a warrior they were the eyes of an artist.
"I can't let you"
"We have to see Bruce Wayne" I said
"What's your name kid?" He asked
"I am Perseus Wayne" I said usually I wouldn't use Wayne not that I wasn't glad I was adopted. "And this is my sister Cassandra Wayne"
"Oh I see" he said "sorry er go ahead"
As we passed two pages slipped from his pocket I picked it up and opened it. It was a sketch of someone with a huge strain of their shoulders it was a girl who by the start of some color on it I could tell had blonde hair...and grey eyes. It was Annabeth. The other was a woman with brown hair and blue eyes. I nearly started crying instead of smiling at me like they always did her eyes her swollen and hallow. "Mom" I whispered
I practically tackled the guy.
"Where did you find this" I demanded pushing against a wall probably a little too hard.
"I-I drew it" he said
"Where did you see it?" I demanded
"I-I don't know"
"Tell me" I practically yelled
"I saw it in a dream" he said
I let go of his shoulders and Cass grabbed my arm pulling me away.
"What's your name?" I asked
"It's..." he paused debating whether or not to tell me "Kyle, Kyle Rayer"
Cass pulled me away. Obviously seeing I was upset but not saying anything. She was the only one besides Dick who could tell when I was really really upset. She was probably the only member of the family Jason was willing to talk to.
"Cassie please don't kill me" I said the elevator beeped and we stepped out. "Annabeth...she...she was taken"
We stopped dead in our tracks.
"Who?" She asked
"I don't know" I said but I did Luke had something to do with this.
"Where?"
"I don't know where she is" I said "if I did we wouldn't be having this conversation"
She turned and walked back towards the elevator.
"Where are you going?" I demanded
"Find Annabeth" she said
"Cass it's not that simple" I yelled she ignored me and kept walking "Cassandra! Cass! Come on we'll find her just not now."
"I'll...find her" she said
I figured if I went to stop her I'd get knocked out or worse so I went to Bruce. Explained what had happened.
"I'll see if Barbara can stop her" Bruce said
"Yeah if she doesn't encourage her" I said
"She's better not" Bruce said
"Bruce the guy...Kyle Rayner" I said "he had a picture of my mom"