Chapter 21

I walked the grounds for a while. It was silent except of the occasional bird. I climbed up a tree and looked out thinking. Looking back I probably reacted a little harshly towards Bruce. I was up there for ten minutes before I heard a rustle below me.
"Did Bruce send you?" I asked harsher than I wanted to.
"No in fact I did my best to send him out here" Alfred said
"Go away" I said
"Please come down Master Perseus" he said
I jumped from the branch I was on and scampered down quickly. I started walking towards the house.
"Come back here" he said
"Why?" I asked "so you can tell me off too? Im protecting my friend. He doesn't trust her. He never has. He doesn't care!"
"No" Alfred said "he cares too much. Percy he doesn't want Annabeth to get hurt. Or you or Cassandra or Richard or Barbara."
"Then why would he do something that could hurt us?" I asked
"You'd have to ask him that" Alfred said "one thing I do know is that the league of assassins-"
"Nothing could break Annabeth Chase." I said "no matter what Bruce says. She could go through Tartarus and come out alive and without a broken spirit"

I went on patrol that night but kept a distance from Bruce. He said nothing about it. The night was uneventful until surprisingly after we got back. I was in my room when the window burst open.
"Are you here to try to kill me again?" I asked
"No Blue" he said "I said before we could be friends. Besides I'm only doing this as a favor to someone"
"A favor to who?" I asked "Bruce told me 'Jason only does favors for himself'"
"And for people who do something for me Blue" Jason said he pulled of his mask revealing a scar down his face. Like mine and Luke's it stretched from his eye to his chin.
"The Clown gave me this" he said gesturing to the scar.
"Two-face" I said
"You know Blue. I wouldn't be like this if Bruce would have gotten there a minute earlier." He said "but you know after all these years I've realized it's not entirely his fault. I was so mad I thought he didn't want to save me. I-I thought he didn't care. Yeah he should've killed the Clown before I got back and did"
"Um you failed and put Barbara in a wheelchair" I reminded him
"Not my fault just like me well dying wasn't Bruce's." He said this was a whole new side to Jason Todd. "You know what hurt the worst blue? Coming back only to see he moved on from me so quickly. Bam I was replaced. He didn't want me back." this was a new side to Jason Todd Bruce always said he was arrogant and impulsive. I'd overheard him talking to Alfred once that he didn't want me being Robin because I was kinda like him. Willing to do anything for family and friends much like Jason was willing to do anything for himself.
"Look the point is you can blame people for doing what they believe in or for something that isn't their fault" he said he went to the window and was about to jump when I said
"So back to killing me Red?"
"Nah at least for now I have other things to do." He said "don't die. I want another shot at you Blue"
"I can't promise you that" I said "but I'll do my best"