Chapter 28

We set our flag on top of Zeus's fist a cluster of white rocks that if you looked at just right looked like a fist sticking out of the ground. If you looked at it any other way it looked like a giant pile of deer droppings.
I set Nico on guard duty with Beckendorf and the Stoll brothers.
"Selina take a decoy to the left" Thalia said
"Got it"
"Anything to add Percy" Thalia asked after finishing the plan.
"Stay sharp on defense we only have four guards and Tim and Me are the only ones roving-"
"Tim and I" Tim corrected my grammar
"That's what I said" a couple kids snickered "just holler if you need help."
"And don't leave your post" Thalia said
"Unless you see the golden opportunity" I said
"Just don't leave your post"
"Right unless-
"Percy!" She touched me shocking me in the process and this one hurt. "Sorry. Is everyone ready"
We broke into our smaller groups and the game began. I climbed Zeus's fist to get a good view of the forest. The plan seemed to be working Thalia neared the flag and Selina's group drew some campers away. But I saw a small group of five hunters headed towards her. I jumped down.
"Can you guys hold the fort?" I asked
"Yeah" Beckendorf snorted
"I'm going in"
I sprinted for there side the wind rushing through my hair. I jumped the stream and ran silently towards there flag. I saw the flag with only one guard on it. They turned around when I was a couple feet away and I was looking Into the eyes of Bianca Di Angelo.
I rammed into her yelling "sorry" as I grabbed the flag. I was ten yards away by the time she had time to call for help. A silver string zipped and before I had time to stop I was caught in it and I fell forward.
"What are you doing?" Thalia demanded pulling up beside me as I started running again.
An arrow hit the ground and a gas blew up in front of us. I knew enough about gas and smoke bombs I had some. Bruce also forced me to learn to hold my breath probably in worry I would drown (he hadn't know I could breathe underwater at the time) so I continued running without breathing it but Thalia coughed and said
"No fair! Fart arrows are unsportsmanlike."
I heard yells coming from our side and at first I thought it was the Stoll brothers welcoming me back but I realized it wasn't as Zoë ran around a tree holding our flag.
"No!" I poured everything I had into running. I was two feet away from the creek as Zoë ran across ramming into me for good measure.
"The hunters win" Chiron said "for the 59th time"
"Perseus Jackson what was that!?" Thalia yelled
My passed two days had been bad already I didn't need this. "I got their flag. I saw an opportunity and took it!"
"I was at there base!" She yelled "but the flag was gone! If you hadn't butted in we would've won!"
She was sounding an awful lot like Bruce after our last mission we still argued sometimes about that particular mission. I'd had a rough time with the arguing Throughout all of it my biggest help had been Cass, Annabeth, and surprisingly Jason....when no one else was around.
"You had too many on you!" I yelled
"Too many were after you Bruce!" I yelled
"I told you not to get involved!" He yelled "i could've handled it!"
"You needed help!" I yelled
"If you would've done what I told you Dick and Cassandra wouldn't be hurt!" He yelled
"Yeah but you could be dead!" I yelled back
"Okay both of you need to calm down and-" Annabeth said
"I saved his life and-"
"I had it under control!" Bruce yelled
"You had twenty highly trained assassins after you!" I yelled
"You put your life and others at risk-"
"We do that every night Bruce!"
"Hey I'm with Blondie on this one" Jason said "you guys need to both sleep it off and then talk in the morning....when I'm not as tired to I can watch"
"Ugh Todd you're so-" Annabeth started
"Oh so it's my fault?!" Thalia yelled bringing be back to the present.
"I didn't say that."
"Argh" Thalia pushed me sending a shock through me pushing me ten feet back into the water. Some campers gasped and some hunters snickered.
"Sorry I didn't mean to-"
A wave erupted from the creek dousing her from head to toe.
"Yeah I didn't mean to do that either" I said
"Enough" Chiron said
Thalia ignored him and held out her spear. "You want some seaweed brain?!"
I was fine with Annabeth calling me seaweed brain I'd gotten used to it but when Thalia did
"Bring it Pinecone face!" I raised Riptide
But before I could defend myself Thalia yelled and a blast of lightning came down from the sky and hit her spear like a lightning rod, and slammed into my chest.
There was a burning smell I had a feeling it was my clothes.
"Thalia!" Chiron said "that is enough!"
I willed the entire creek to rise. Hundreds of gallons of water raised into the air. I was about to drop it on Thalia when I was someone-something moving in the woods I dropped all of it in loss of concentration. Everyone turned to look.
"No it can be it's impossible" Chiron said
The withered mummy came forward and looked at me for a second before it turned unmistakably to Zoë Nightshade.
'I am the spirit of Delphi' the voice in my head said
'Approach seeker and ask'
Zoë swallowed and said "what must I do to help my goddess"
The oracle spoke.
Five shall go west to the goddess in chains,
One shall be lost in the land without rain,
The bane of Olympus shows the trail,
Campers and hunters combined prevail,
The titans curse must one withstand,
And one shall parish by a parents hand.
The green must swirled and retreated back into the mummy the oracle sat down on a rock and stayed there as of she would be there for another hundred years.