Chapter 36

I left my broken bar on the ground and entered the tunnel quietly. After about ten yards the flat ground turned into stairs that were spiraling down making it hard for any right handed Invaders to attack. Luckily I could use my left if I needed. Unfortunately my only sword like weapon was Riptide or the sword I stole from the assassin. After hesitating I drew the assassin's sword.
"Percy-" Barb started
"I won't make any fatal swings" I said
"Just be careful, depending on how deep you go you might lose me" she said "just record it all and I'll try to stay with you"
"Deal" I said quietly making sure that my mask would record everything I saw.
I followed the stairs listening for any sign of a guard or scout.
"So far, so good" I muttered as I got to the bottom of the staircase.
"I still have a signal so as long as you don't go any deeper we're good" Babs said
I followed the tunnel for a few yards before I heard voices.
"Just hurry up" someone hissed
"My Father will be here soon" Talia Al Ghul said
My heart dropped as I felt a gruff hand on my shoulder.
"I'm here" Ra's Al Ghul said as he shoved me into the room. "We have a guest"
I jerked away.
"Robin" Barbara said "get out of there as soon as you can"
"I'm trying" I muttered
"Mm" Talia said "how long have you been out there?"
"I don't need to answer your questions" I said
"Yes, and we don't need to keep you alive" She answered
The words of the prophecy echoed in my head.
One shall be lost in the land without rain.
"Well shi-" I started
"Well boy why are you here?" Ra's asked
"Um..." I debated whether or not to tell him about the quest deciding against it I said nothing and looked for a way to escape.
Suddenly a knife was was at my throat.
"I say we kill him now" Talia said
"Go ahead" I shrugged
She was caught off guard for two seconds and I made my move.
I kicked her hand and the knife flew into the air. I jumped up and grabbed it flipping and landing behind her.
Talia started forward to attack.
"No" Ra's said "we won't danger the child"
Talia, very unhappily, stepped away.
"Uh huh" I said "and who, might I ask is the father?"
Instead of answering my question one of the assassin attacked me.
His foot caught me in my gut and I doubled over surprised. Then his knee slammed into my head.
Luckily I didn't pass out. I dropped on one knee and swept his feet from under him. Instead of falling he spun in the air landing on his feet.
"Robin, water twenty yards to your left." Barbara said
"Thanks Oracle" I said running toward my left dodging the now two assassins after me.
I saw it but just ten feet away my legs were swept from under me.
"Really?" I asked
I was pulled to my feet and Ra's walked over slowly.
"Nice try little bird" he said
"Who said I was done trying" I asked I focused everything on the pool of water behind me.
"No!" Ra's yelled realizing to late
The whole pool exploded on them. I took my chance and knocked one of the assassins out.
"Me and you buddy" I said to the other feeling rejuvenated from the water.
He attacked with his sword. I caught on my glove. The force of it sent a jolt through my arm and I felt my arm cut but luckily the glove took most of the blow. I tapped my hand but the bar never came.
"Crap" I said as I remembered it was broken upstairs.
The assassin lunged again. I tried to dodge but the blade scrapped my cheek.
I retrieved a Batarang and threw it. He was more on guard than Cain was and sliced it out of the air.
I dove for the sword behind my attacker sliding under his legs. I came up with the sword, kicked his back before he could turn, and gave him a sharp kick to the head knocking him out.
"Okay Ra's" I said standing ready "what is all this?"
"You're a detective" he said "aren't you?"
The combat and stealth part of being Robin had always come easy for me. But the detective part? I had never been as good as Dick, Annabeth, or Barbara.
I frowned.
"Ah" Ra's nodded "I see"
"Look Ra's I need to leave" I said "there's a quest-"
"The God's using us as pawns again?" He asked spitefully the only time I heard this in his voice.
"Well...Anna-"
"My sister-" when he said that it just made things weird
"Well er yes" I said "she's in trouble and I need to save her-"
"Huh..." For a second his eyes softened
That was whack.
"So if you don't mind" I threw a smoke bomb down and grappled to the ceiling.
There were support beams that ran across the ceiling and I ran across one. I heard shouts and orders below.
"Oracle now might be a good-"
"There's a small air vent across two beams" she said "you can probably get out there"
I jumped across one beam before I heard the whistle of an arrow heading towards me. I threw a Batarang intercepting it but another flew right after it and I didn't react so fast this time. It buried into my shoulder before I could react it exploded sending a burning through my arm. I yelled feeling dizzy from the pain and the smell of my suit and arm burning.
I jumped to the other beam barely holding on with my left arm as my right one dangled uselessly.
I saw the vent. Barbara was right it was really small. I kicked it in and army crawled through. I heard shouts and orders from beneath me. I saw a shadow behind me as the first assassin followed.
I couldn't outrun him with one good arm. I grabbed a Batarang from my belt and threw it. Just as the assassin got to it, it detonated.
The whole vent shook and I felt it fall.
The metal above me crumbled and below me it gave out. I was falling, and fast.
I hit the ground on my right side, hard sending another jolt through my arm.
"Oracle" I said "where to?"
"There's an exit to your right if you blow through the wall" she said "but I'd take the other exit, about ten yards around that corner there's water that should have an exit point near the outside of the-
She cut out.
"Oracle?" I asked "Oracle can you hear- screw it"
I followed her directions and plunged into the water.
I immediately felt better and saw my arm start to heal. The Assassins must've found me cause I heard shouts and footsteps.
They must've had some sort of barracks in the lab cause there weren't that many when I got here.
I willed the current around me to push me deeper.

I exited the water from a sewer pipe about five minutes later. I checked my shoulder and grabbed a square of ambrosia from my belt. I deactivated my suit and stretched my shoulder testing it as I finished the ambrosia. It seemed to be doing it's job correctly.
I was at the edge of a small river that the pipe was draining into.
"Oracle" I asked tiredly "still there?"
"Robin" Barbara's voice came as a relief. "You're alive, thank goodness I couldn't tell Bruce-"
She was cut off by footsteps behind me. I whirled around in a fighting stance to find three people. Zoë, Grover, and Thalia.
"Thank the gods" I said
Something was wrong. They all looked tired and Zoë looked as if she had been crying.
"Wait, where's Bianca?"