Chapter 27

I had another dream that night.
Annabeth was on a hill shrouded in fog. It was like the underworld and I felt claustrophobic. Annabeth struggled up the hill.
"Thorne" she yelled "where are you? why did you bring me here?!"
She climbed to the crest and over a pile of rubble and gasped there was Luke obviously in pain and struggling. The darkness seemed thicker around him.
"Annabeth" he said "help me please!"
She ran forward. I wanted to yell at her he was a traitor she can't trust him. But I couldn't this was only a dream. She reached out to touch Luke's face but hesitated.
"What happened?" She asked
"They-they left me here" Luke groaned "please is killing me"
I couldn't see what was wrong it was like something was crushing him.
"Why should I trust you" Annabeth asked her voice full of hurt.
"You shouldn't I've been terrible to you" Luke tried to stand but was pushed down "but if you don't I'll die"
'Let him die' I wanted to yell despite the training from Bruce and the code against killing. Luke had tried to kill us in cold blood to many times he didn't deserve anything from Annabeth,
Suddenly the darkness began to crumble like a cavern ceilings huge chunks of rock began to fall. Annabeth rushed in right as a crack appeared.
The whole ceiling dropped and she somehow held it. She should've been able to do that with just her own strength.
"Thanks" Luke rolled free
"Help me hold it" Annabeth groaned
Luke caught his breath and stood shakily.
"I knew I could count on you" he said as he walked away.
"Help me!" Annabeth pleaded
"Oh, don't worry your help is on the way" Luke said "in the meantime try not to die"
The ceiling of darkness began to crumble again pushing Annabeth to the ground.

I bolted up in a cold sweat. I looked at the clock by my bed just passed midnight. The whole scene in my dream was exactly what Kyle Rayner had drawn. He had to be a demigod of some sort. I knew two thing for sure now. Annabeth was in danger  and Luke was responsible.

After breakfast I told Grover about my dream. We sat in the meadow watching Satyrs chase wood nymphs. The wood nymphs told the Satyrs that if they could catch them then the wood nymphs would kiss them.
"A cave ceiling dropped on her?" Grover asked
"Yeah what the heck does that mean?"
"I don't know" Grover shook his head "but after what Zoë dreamed -"
"Whoa what do you mean?" I asked "Zoë had a dream like that?"
"I don't know exactly about three in the morning she came to the big house and demanded to talk to Chiron she looked pretty panicked."
"Wait how do you know this?" I asked
"Well I" he blushed "I kinda camped outside the Artemis cabin"
"What for?"
"Just to, you know be near them"
"Your a stalker with hooves" I said
"Am not" he said "anyway I followed her to the big house hid in a bush and heard the whole thing. She got upset when argus wouldn't let her in. It was  kinda a dangerous scene."
I tried to imagine it.
"What did she say?"
"Well when she starts talking really old fashioned like when she's upset so it was kinda hard to understand" he paused "but it was something about Artemis being in trouble and needing the hunters. Then she called argus a boil-brained lout...I think that that's a bad thing. But then he called her-"
"Wait how could Artemis be in trouble?"
"I-well finally Chiron comes out in his pajamas with curlers in his tail."
"Wait Chiron wears curlers in his tail?" I blurted
Grover covered his mouth
"Sorry" I said "go on"
"Well Zoë said she needed permission to leave camp immediately." He said "Chiron refused and reminded her they were to stay here unless instructed by Artemis. Then she said 'how can we receive orders if Artemis is lost?"
"What do you mean lost?" I asked "like in need of directions?"
"No i think she meant gone. Taken kidnaped." He said
I had been kidnaped, well held against my will a few times. All but two as robin. One of the others was at school. The other was being taken by a thug of a crime boss probably with the intent of getting ransom money from Bruce. But Bruce er Batman stopped those plans. But I was well me. Artemis was a goddess.
"How could you kidnap an immortal goddess?" I asked "is that even possible?"
"Well yeah it happened to Persephone."
"Yeah but she's like the goddess of flowers" I said
"Springtime" Grover looked offended
"Whatever but Artemis is what more powerful than that. Who could kidnap her and why?" I said
"I don't know Kronos?" he said
"Could he all ready be that powerful" I asked
Last time I'd seen, well known, of Kronos he was chopped up into tiny pieces. Then last summer Luke told us that he was in the gold coffin aboard the Princess Andromeda Luke claimed he was bringing him back from the abyss bit by bit.
"I don't know I think someone would know if Kronos had reformed." He said "but still it's weird you and Zoë the same night"
"I've got to talk to Zoë"
"Um before you do" Grover pulled out a trifold pamphlet. "You know how it was weird that the hunters just happened to show up at Westover hall. I think they might've been scouting us."
"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked
He gave me the brochure. It was about the hunters of Artemis it said things like heath benefits include immortality. And enjoy a boy free tomorrow.
"I found this in Annabeth's backpack" Grover said
"What? What does it mean?" I asked
"Well I-i think maybe Annabeth well was thinking about joining"

I tried to keep my mind off things but ended up sulking in the empty chariot stands. I figured Chiron would be the best person to talk to but he was doing target practice. On top of the hill Mr D and Argus were feeding the baby dragon that guarded the fleece.
Then it occurred to me no one was in the big house. There was someone. Something else I could ask.

I sprinted towards the attic. The room was dark and dusty. Cluttered with junk. The sword that had been retrieved by Ra's Al Ghul sat where it had been. Sitting by the window was a shriveled up mummy of an old lady in a hippie dress. The oracle.
"Hi" I said "um what's up?"
Nothing happened she just sat there.
"I have a question" I said louder "I need to know how to save my friend Annabeth."
No answer sun filtered through the window. I was getting more uncomfortable in the attic by the second. I waited longer then I got mad.
"All right I'll find out myself!" I yelled
I turned and bumped into a table full of junk. Campers put trophies from quests they didn't want to keep in cabins, memories.
Then I noticed a pink scarf I picked it up and read the label.
Scarf of the goddess Aphrodite
Recovered at Waterland Denver by Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson
I stared at it for a second I completely forgot about this scar. Two years ago Annabeth ripped it from my hands saying something like 'oh no. no love magic for you!'
I assumed she'd thrown it away but here it was. But why? Why would Annabeth bring it here?
I turned to the mummy, who hadn't moved but the shadows across her face made it look like she wore a gruesome smile. I dropped the scarf and ran towards the exit.

By dinner I was seriously ready to kick some hunters butt in capture the flag. I would be a small game about fifteen in each side.
Zoë looked upset and kept glaring at Chiron. The Hunters talked nervously as they strapped there armor on. I tugged my gloves on and grabbed my bar. Beckendorf was the only one from the Hephaestus cabin. Tim was here I'd expect him to be at home this time of year. A couple kids from the Ares cabin were here. Even the Aphrodite kids wanted to play when they heard it was against the hunters.
"I'll take offense you take defense" Thalia said I spun my bar in my hand. I was about to suggest the exact opposite thing. "Don't you think with your shield you'd be better defending."
"I think it would be better Offense" she said "besides you've had more experience on defense."
"Yeah" I lied "sounds good"
I fiddled with one of Annabeth's disks she'd given me out on our last mission, we were sent into Arkham when a storm shut the power off and a couple guards were found dead. In the end we stopped The Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Bane who all got out but luckily weren't working together.
"Percy this is so awesome" Nico came up wearing a helmet with blue feather and a breastplate that was six times to big for him he looked ridiculous. I wondered if I looked that stupid when I first got here and decided I probably had. "What's that" he asked pointing to the disk.
"It's just a thing I have." I said my hand loosened and tightened on the hilt of Riptide who was in sword form strapped to my belt.
"I would be awesome if we were killed we would be resurrected so we could keep fighting." Nico said
"Nico this isn't a game real swords" I said "you could get hurt"
I sounded like Bruce before every mission.
"Oh" Nico said
"Hey it's cool stay outta trouble and you'll be fine. We'll have a blast"