Chapter 29

I activated my suit and grappled up a tree and jumped from tree to tree. I tossed a batarang at a tree it thudded into it and jumped off the branch pulling the cord up and landing on a branch lower. From there I flipped down landing on the ground right behind
"Nico!" I yelled in surprise
He whirled around.
"Who?"
Luckily my mask was on and my hood was up.
"Who are you" Nico demanded
"I'm Robin" I said
"The bird?"
"No Robin as in" I sighed "Batman and Robin"
"Who?"
"You know the superheroes" I said "Batman is a member of the JLA. And well I guess I kinda am but-"
"Your a superhero?" He asked "can you fly?"
"Well no-"
"Are you super strong?"
"Well um no-"
"Can you run super fast?"
"No"
"So do you have any powers?" He asked
"In a way but-"
"What is it?"
"Here" I grabbed a batarang from my belt. "Keep it."
"Is it magic?"
"No" I said "but it can do this"
I threw it hard at a branch. It broke through and I tapped my hand and it flew to my left hand.
"Cool!"
"Be careful with it." I said
"Thanks Robin!" He ran off
I smiled slightly and ran back towards my cabin.

I took a couple detours and ended up at the spot by the creek where I was claimed. I heard the conch shell in the distance signaling it was dinner time. I sat by the creek in my uniform. I got so caught up in my thoughts I didn't hear the footsteps coming towards me.
"Robin?"
I stood quickly holding a batarang ready.
"What are you doing out here?"
"Can I talk to Percy?" Thalia asked "not the Boy Wonder"
I didn't deactivate my suit but I flipped off my hood and took off my mask.
"Look I'm really sorry you can't come-"
"I don't need pity" I said Gods I sound like Bruce.
"Percy-"
"Look Thalia just don't let anything happen to Annabeth" I pulled Annabeth's gloves I had been keeping in my utility belt (no that's not weird) "just hold onto these who knows they may come in handy" (pun intended) "Thanks Percy" she glanced in the other direction and I took the opportunity to disappear on her. "Does he always do that?" She muttered I stayed perched in the tree until she left then I headed for my cabin...again.

When I got back I tossed my gloves on my bed. You might wonder why I gave Thalia Annabeth's gloves. Trust me I'm wondering the same thing.
I noticed something on my dresser. It was a golden drachma and next to it in Chiron's handwriting was a paper that said: call your uncle and let him know you'll be home in the morning.
I walked back to the spring. I didn't call Bruce. I didn't want too.
"O goddess accept my offering." I said
I frowned who should I call? Cass? No she was probably still mad at me.
"Show me Dick Grayson" I said
The image shimmered and I was staring at Dick who was with a girl with short brownish blackish hair.
"I'll be right back" she said standing.
"Okay Clance"
"Ooo Richard Grayson ladies man" I said when she was gone.
"Percy!" He said "what are you doing?"
"Have you seen Cassie recently?" I asked
"No but I haven't been to Gotham for a while either" he said "why is something wrong?"
"Um no. Well kinda" I said I told him everything that had happened.
"You gonna be okay Perce?" He asked
"Yeah" I said "but tell me there's nothing I can do tell-"
"Perce you don't have to just go to Gotham and if you don't take my advice come stay with me for a while" he paused "but you need to do what you have to. I guess follow your heart"
"But what if I-"
"Percy deep down you believe you can help." He said "I believe in you too. So does Jason and Babs and Cass and Alfred and Bruce. You can talk to any of us we're always here for you."
"Thanks Dick" I said
"Just do what you have to do" he said "if you don't do it for me or you do it for Annabeth and Babs and Cass."
"Thanks"
"Gotta go Perce" he said "be safe, i care and so does the rest of the family. Love you"
"Love you too" I said "have fun on your date" I smiled
"Bye Percy" the connection broke and I was left alone in my cabin.

I was back on that mountain. Annabeth was there trembling under the weight of dark mass. She looked too tired to even cry out.
"How's our mortal friend" a voice boomed
It wasn't Kronos. Kronos's voice was metallic and raspy. This voice was deeper lower like a bass guitar.
Luke emerged from the shadow's rushing to Annabeth's side.
"She's fading" he said as if he cared "we must hurry"
The voice chuckled and Artemis was thrust forward. Ichor, the golden blood of the gods, stained her face.
"You heard the boy" the voice said "decide"
Artemis glared angrily. She didn't will the chains to burst or anything. Probably some magic kept her from doing it.
Artemis looked at Annabeth and her expression of anger changed to worry.
"How dare you torture a maiden like this?"
"She'll die soon" Luke said "you can save her."
Annabeth made a weak sound of protest. I wanted to help her but I couldn't move.
"Free my hands" Artemis said
Luke did with one strike of his sword.
Artemis rushed forward and took the burden from Annabeth who collapsed on the ground shivering.
"You are as predictable as easy as you are to beat" the man in the shadows chuckled
"You surprised me" Artemis said "it will not happen again"
"No it will not" the man agreed "Luke you can kill the girl now"
"No!" Artemis yelled
"She- She May be of more use to us." Luke said "as bait"
"Bah you truly believe that?"
"Yes General they will come for her" Luke said
"Very well"
Luke carried her away.
"You will not find the monster you seek" Artemis said
"How little you know my young goddess"