Chapter 15

I parted ways with Annabeth after that. I went to a math class. Ugh. While she got to stay with Barbara for a criminology. Class was uneventful. After that we met up again for PE. And guess who the teacher was? Talia al Ghul.
"Hit the track. A mile. Three laps." She said as soon as everyone was sitting.
We all made our way to the track most kids complaining. Talia looked at me I held her gaze. She turned to Annabeth who was glaring. She didn't even blink.
"Go" she said
We started running. I quickly pulled ahead. I was done with the first lap before others were even halfway. Annabeth caught up to me.
"Percy you need to slow down" she said
"Why?" I asked "I'm not going my fastest I won't get hurt"
"Percy because we're demigods we can all ready run longer...and faster. Plus the fact that we're both in top physical condition." She said "don't you think that that raises some suspicion."
I slowed down some. We both ran together slower so we weren't too far ahead.
We finished in about six minutes. Usually both of us could finish faster especially Annabeth.
"Okay why are you here?" I asked
"There's no reason to tell you" Talia said
"Are you going to try to kill me?" I asked "again?"
"No father has abandoned that. For now" She said "he figured he could kill you easily if he needs to. The only reason why your alive is because Cain caught us by surprise."
"Or she's better than you" I asked
"Trust me if I tried Cain would be worse off than Gordon is" she growled
Annabeth stepped forward. She was obviously protective of Cass and Barbara. Just as they were with her.
"Is that a threat?" She asked
"What if it is?" Talia stepped closer to Annabeth.
"Watch it" I said "or maybe you'll end up like Barbara"
Talia started laughing.
"Good luck with that" she said
When everyone was done we sat again.
"I'm Talia al Ghul you may call me what you'd like." She said "I don't tolerate trouble makers"
She looked at me and Annabeth as she said this. Okay fair enough for me but for Annabeth. No. I was about stand up and argue but Annabeth held me back.
"Your just proving her point" Annabeth muttered
"Fine" I jerked my shoulder away.
Talia must've saw me muttering under my breath because she paused and called.
"Perseus Jackson"
"Percy" I corrected mostly to attempt to annoy her.
"Seaweed brain" Annabeth muttered
"Take a lap" she said "as fast as you can the whole time."
I looked at Annabeth and smiled slyly. She shook her head. I ran around the track fairly fast probably in about a minute. As I ran towards the bleachers I made all the water bottles on the front row explode onto Talia. Annabeth face palmed. Talia sputtered and wiped water from her face looking furious. She looked around trying to figure out who did it. She didn't even guess it was me.
I snickered along with the rest of the class. The bell rang and I headed toward the lunch room.
I just sat down when I heard an explosion outside. I looked around and saw Annabeth stand from a table away. I looked towards the window and saw smoke billowing up from a building. The bank. Annabeth sprinted passed me. I followed closely behind. I ran passed Barbara's room. She looked at me and I imitated an explosion. She waved me on. The class she had was staring at me. I continued and pulled my gloves on.