Chapter 30

Blackjack offered to fly me into Manhattan, where Argus would drop the quest off.
The van weaved in and out of traffic missing the exit they should've taken.
"Whats argus doing?"
It ain't Argus driving boss it's that girl
"Which girl?"
The hunter girl. The one with the thing in her hair
"Zoë?"
That's the one. Hey look a doughnut shop can we stop and get some?
"Not now Blackjack"
I tapped my earpiece.
"Oracle" I said "come in"
"This is Oracle" she said "What's up Robin"
"Can you track Paladin's suit?"
"Can I?" She asked "of course I can"
"Will you?" I asked
"I'm on it." Barbara said "Percy I know your going after her."
"I have to" I said
"Robin are you Flying?"
"Um long story" I said
She snickered "I guess you robins can fly. How are the pixie boots holding up?"
"Babs" I said seriously "did Cass go after Annabeth"
"Yes" Barbara said "I couldn't have stopped her if I tried."
"I'm guessing you're helping her" I sad
"Percy. I couldn't go after her myself. Maybe once upon a time but..." she trailed off "sending Cassandra is my way of going"
"I get it" I said "but there's more at play here than you both know-"
"I know lots of things Pixie Boots"
"Hey that title is reserved for Mullet Man" I laughed "thank the gods he got rid of that"
Barbara laughed
Blackjack had stopped on the top of the Chrysler building to rest.
"All right Oracle" I said "gotta go let me know if their track suddenly changes course"
"Sure thing Robin" she said "Oracle out"
"Well, let's go" I said
Just as Blackjack was about to leap off he cried in alarm and almost threw me. Something curled around my leg. I reached for Riptide. I looked down and saw vines. Grape vines.
"Going somewhere" Mr D asked
He was leaning against the building his hair was blowing in the wind.
God alert Blackjack said it's the wine dude!
"The next person or horse to call me wine dude will end up in a bottle of Merlot!" Mr D said
I tried to keep my voice calm "Mr D what do you want?"
"What do I want?" Mr D asked "you thought perhaps that the immortal all powerful director of camp wouldn't notice you leaving without permission?"
"Well maybe-"
"I should throw you off this building minus the flying horse and see how heroic you sound then."
I knew I shouldn't have said anything but Mr D was about to kill me or haul me back to camp. "Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you?"
"Your a hero boy!" He said as a purple fire flared in his eyes. "I need no other reason"
"I have to go on this quest I have to save my friend" I said
Uh boss Blackjack said maybe we should talk nice
"You and the Athena girl have been through a lot together" Mr D said "you spend your nights on the streets of Gotham together. Do you think I haven't noticed you two sneaking off to your precious city?"
"How do you know about that?" I demanded
"Robin whats going on?" Babs' voice said
"Did I ever tell you about Ariadne?" He asked "beautiful young princess of Crete? She liked helping her friends too in face she helped a young hero named Theseus, also a son of Poseidon. She gave him the magical yarn that led him though the labyrinth, and do you know how he rewarded her?"
"They got married and lived happily ever after the end" I said
"Robin?!" Babs said
"Tell that mortal to go back to her library" Mr D said impatiently
"Anyway Theseus said he would marry her but halfway back to Athens he stopped on a little island called Naxos and, what's the word mortals would use today? He dumped her. I found her there. Alone heartbroken. She'd given everything she had to help a dashing young hero who threw her out like an unwanted sandal"
"That's wrong" I said "but what's that got to do with me?"
"I fell in love with Ariadne I healed her broken heart, and she died and I made her my immortal wife on Olympus"
"You-your married" I asked "but I thought you got in trouble for chasing a nymph"
"That's not the point the point is that you heroes have never changed your all the same." He said "ask any immortal ask Ariadne or Medea or for that matter Zoë Nightshade"
"What do you mean ask Zoë?"
"Go. Follow your silly friends" Mr D waved his hand dismissively.
"You mean your letting me go?"
"The prophecy said two of you will die maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will be you" He said "but mark my words son of Poseidon, live or die, you will prove no better than the other heroes"
With that he snapped his fingers and his image folded up like a paper and he disappeared leaving a faint scent of grapes behind.
"You owe me answers" Barbara said 
"Um" I pause "I've got to go after-"
"Unless they change course they'll be in Washington D.C. in a couple hours." She said "what did he mean son of Poseidon?"
"I..." I sighed "my dad He well he's a god of Olympus. I'm a demigod-"
"And so is Annabeth" she guessed
"Um yeah" I said "how'd you guess?"
"He said something about a daughter of Athena" she said
"Okay Babs" I said "I hope you don't have plans all day because you're in for a long explanation."

Zoë finally stopped in Maryland. I told Blackjack to land.
"Robin they just stopped-"
"I know thanks" I said
"Let me know if you need anything. Percy by the way-" something cut her off it sounded like a beeping. "That's Cass gotta go."
"Is she okay?" I asked but the line was already cut.
I put Annabeth's cap on and walked over to the convenience store.
"Grover are you sure?" Thalia asked as her Grover Zoë and Bianca walked out of the store.
"Well...pretty sure" Grover said ninety-nine...okay eighty-five percent sure"
"I dislike this" Zoë said "we should head straight west."
"Oh and your tracking skills are better?" Thalia asked
"Do not-"
"Grover's right" Bianca cut off Zoë "we should head to D.C. it's our best bet"
"Very well" Zoë sighed "let us keep going"
"Your going to get us arrested" Thalia said "I look closer to sixteen than you do"
"Perhaps but I have been driving since automobiles were invented." Zoë snapped
"They sound like Annabeth and Bruce" Barbara said
"No" I muttered "they might be worse"
"I doubt that" Babs remarked
"Is Batgirl okay?" I asked
"Yeah just needed some directions" she said
"Where is she?" I asked
"She told me to tell you that you can't stop her"
"Yeah but where is she?" I asked
Barbara sighed "she was heading towards Central City as of now she is in D.C."
I frowned. "What took her there?"
"I don't know. She insisted on going there first." Babs said
"Okay" I sighed "look I-"
"Oh Percy I forgot" Babs said "there's a slight problem. The whole justice league is stuck one our earth. Same cities different earth. We're working on it but thought I'd warn you."
"Did any of them go to D.C.?" I asked
"Um...Artemis and Green Arrow are there. And Canary is. But don't worry about her she's about to leave."
"Anyone else"
"No" Babs said "just don't activate your suit at all. Remember your Perseus Wayne right now not Robin."
"Yeah." I mumbled
"Oracle out"
"All right Blackjack. Let's go" I said
___________________________
Happy Birthday to the First Robin and best character ever, The one and only Dick Grayson!!!!