26 • Promise me

☁️
Lisa

I had fluttered my eyes open, feeling them swollen. I don't really remember what happened yesterday, everything happened so quickly.

A lot of crying happened for sure and I'm sure Jungkook had tried calling me a few times, but I ignored him. I don't think I'm strong enough to talk to him just yet.

My unnies left me alone at home, I'm not quite sure where they are. Maybe they're in the practice room perfecting the choreography for as if it's your last, but they let me have a day off. To 'calm my mind' before promotions start, since that's going to start soon.

I heard a soft knock on the door, which I ignored, closing my eyes and trying to sleep. Unfortunately for me, the knocking didn't stop and whoever was behind the door was very persistent.

I groaned, forcing myself to stand up. I dragged my feet towards the door, opening it and walking to the front door. I swear if it's my unnies, I will kill them.

"What do you wan-" I stopped mid sentence, feeling my breath hitch. "T."

"Lisa." He put his mask down and went inside, not bothering to ask me if it was alright to do so.

"Baby I'm sorry I couldn't be here yesterday. I tried to come here as soon as possible, but my hyungs and my manager said it would be best to give you some space. They don't know I'm here and I can't take too long." I closed the door and followed him to the living room.

"I know what happened." He faced me and I noticed how his eyes softened.

"I'm sorry I didn't know we were being followed." I saw worry and guilt in his eyes. "Doll you don't know how sorry I am, if I had known, maybe we wouldn't be here right now."

"I know you're blaming yourself, but please don't. It's my fault, I wasn't careful enough, I had forgotten that we were idols and I had forgotten that once the media finds out, it'll be downhill from there. I wasn't thinking properly, my hyungs and I are just starting to get recognised and you and your unnies just debuted. A scandal wouldn't do the both of us any good." His voices cracked a bit and I realised that this whole situation was hurting him, just as much as it was hurting me, if not even more.

"Doll please say something." His eyes glistened in the dim light and for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Lisa please." He pleaded once more, it was like he was trying to find something to assure him, that fighting for me, for us, would be worth it.

"I'm sorry." My voice croaked, feeling the tears fall down once again. You would think I would be done of crying by now, but I guess there's still more tears to be shed.

"Lisa stop." He stood up and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me, protecting me. "It's not your fault baby, please stop."

"I can't help it." I hiccuped. "I just. I love you too much to let you go, I can't do that."

I felt his arms tighten around me, as he rested his head at the crook of my neck.

"I won't give up on you doll. I don't care what they say. I don't care what my hyungs say, what your unnies say, what the managers will say, our sajangnims and even what our fans will think or say. I love you Lisa, I know that much." He looked at me and I saw sincerity in his eyes.