36 • In our next life

☁️
Lisa

My eyes widened at the scenery. "Jungkook this is so pretty." I ran to the railings looking at the city lights.it seemed like all the pain and hatred that I once felt for the boy disappeared, once I saw the so called 'surprise' he had in store for me.

"I'm glad you like it." He stood next to me, though I wasn't looking at him, I knew he was looking at me.

"I do." I nodded looking at him. Being on the rooftop with him, staring at the city lights makes me feel at peace. Even if it's just for a short amount of time, I can finally be with him without worrying about anything.

"I miss you." My smiles fades away hearing him say this.

Wake up Lisa.

I bitterly laughed at myself. I can't let myself fall for him again. There's no way I'm going to go through all over again.

"Do you really?" I looked at him with challenging eyes. Challenging him to say what he wants to say, but also challenging him to see if his feelings for me were ever real.

"I do." He held me by the shoulders, probably to make sure I won't run away. "I know you're bitter about what I did and honestly I don't blame you, I would be too. But," He hesitated for a bit before taking a deep breath.

"Don't forget everything we've been through, don't forget our memories."

I pushed his hands off my shoulders, taking a step away from him. "Jungkook, be honest with me. What's the real reason why you wanted to talk to me? We haven't talked to each other for 2 months and now you suddenly take me on the rooftop to see city lights? What are you trying to do Jungkook?"

"I." He chuckled to himself, staring at the night sky above. "I miss you, I really do. I'm not trying to get back with you or anything, I just wanted to let you know that what I did was for you. Look I'm not very happy with what I did either and if it were up to me I would never do that, in fact breaking up with you was never part of my objective and-"

"Get to the point Jungkook." I knew he was stalling. I don't know why, but whatever the reason maybe, it must be really big.

He sighed, putting his hands through his hair. "You're unnies called. They said I should talk to you. You're not eating, you're barely sleeping and you're always in your room, you're not taking care of yourself Lisa."

"Ah, this is what this is about. Jungkook I don't think you're in any position to tell me what to do or even care about me-"

"Just because we broke up Lisa that doesn't mean I have to stop caring for you!" He raised his voice at me, something he's never done to me before. "Like I said, I know you're bitter about what happened between the two of, but please look after yourself."

"And how about you Jungkook!" I snapped at him, glaring at him. "Have you been taking care of yourself? Have you been eating three healthy meals? Have you been getting enough sleep? Have you?"

He sighed, looking at me. "Okay I admit, I haven't been taking care of myself either but-"

"Well if that's the case then you're a hypocrite! You can't be telling me to take care of myself when you haven't been taking care of yourself either! You're in no position to tell me to look after myself Jungkook!" I raised my voice at him and for the first time in my life, I didn't let anything hold me back from doing so. For once I let my heart say what it wanted to say.

"I'm in every position to tell you to look after yourself because I love you!" I clenched the railing, biting my lip.

"I needed someone Jungkook. I needed you. Your saesang fan was sending me death threats, telling me to kill myself. She had almost injured me with a car and if it weren't for you, I'd probably be in the hospital if not dead. I needed you to comfort me, to tell me everything gonna be okay. I needed you by my side." I swallowed the lump in my throat looking at him in the eye.

"You left me when I needed someone in my life the most without any hesitation. How do you think I felt Jungkook? I would've been fine with the death threats, I was fine with the death threats because you were there. As long as you were I didn't care about anything else, but you left!"

"And how about me doll?" His voice cracked and so did my heart (cringing rn).

"How do you think I felt, knowing one of my fans, the people who got me where I am today were threatening you? Were wanting you dead? They planned something that would seem like a accident just to hurt, how do think that made me feel? I know you're bitter about me breaking up with you, and I honestly don't blame you, I would've too if it were you. But please find it in your heart to forgive me." He cupped my cheeks, pressing our foreheads together.

"Maybe we're just not meant to be together in this life Jungkook. Maybe we'll be together in our next." My voice cracked looking at him now. I've been so inconsiderate of his feelings, all I've been paying attention to were my feelings.

"If that's the case, you better be single in your next life. I don't want to find you in our next life knowing you're already with someone else." I laughed nodding.

I cupped his cheek with one of my hands, wiping his tears with my thumb. "Don't be upset okay?" I whispered, kissing his cheek.

He nodded, opening his eyes. "Be safe, healthy and please be happy." I nodded giving him one last kiss on the lips.

"I love you Lalisa Manoban."

"I love you more Jeon Jungkook."

☁️

Oof, sorry for the short chapterrr

Vote and comment <3