Chapter 5

Later that day, I was focused on my camera when I realized something. With my job, I would come back home later, so maybe I'd find the house in a terrible state. Seulki didn't clean or tidy anything, neither did her mother. Yet again, that meant I'd be away from them for longer. The thought of not seeing their faces for hours put a smile on my face.

"What are you grinning at?" Mark appeared on the screen on my camera and I jumped a bit.

"You scared me!" I pouted and got back to getting the best environment possible to film.

"Sorry about that. But seriously, what's got you so happy?" He asked and sat down at the table. He was ready to film.

"I'm just delighted to be spending time away from my house." I answered and shifted my attention to the lamps in the corners of the filming area. I also checked if the GOT2day pannels were stable.

"I'm guessing I have no idea of how you're living there." Mark rested his head on his hand as he looked at the wall in front of him. I stopped what I was doing for a few seconds and looked at him.

"You caught a glimpse of my situation." I got back to work.

"I don't get it though, how can you be treated that way? Does no one care about you? How can no one care about you?" He looked at me with hard eyes. There was the compassion I didn't want.

"Mark, I don't want to be pitied. Can we not talk about my situation? I have questions myself that I'm not asking." I sat down behind my camera and looked at him.

"Ask away."

"Alright. How did you meet Seulki? Why did you even start seeing her? Can we even become friends if she's around?" I started rambling and he put his hand up for me to stop.

"Stop it."

"Sorry."

"I met Seulki in a club. She talked to me and seemed fun but I saw what she was actually like through my visits to your place. And who said we couldn't become friends?" He replied to my questions easily and I breathed out.

"I just... I don't want to be a bother to you." I said and let my insecurities take over me for a few seconds. I regained my composure quickly enough.

"You're not a bother. It's actually refreshing to have a girl as a friend when I'm surrounded by guys all day long." He laughed

"If you're not satisfied by our friendship, nothing stops you from leaving! And don't talk like you have just men as friends." Jackson appeared and ruffled Mark's hair while grinning. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something, but I was told we needed to start filming." He then stated and sat down next to Mark who tried to get his hair back into place. I smiled and nodded.

Filming went smoothly, only the editing was left and I asked if I could do that here instead of going back home. I was given permission and was even praised by my apparent motivation.

"It's getting late, you should go home." I told Mark as he put on his coat.

"You're not leaving?" He looked at me with confusion while wrapping his scarf around his neck.

"I'm gonna edit the episodes we filmed today. I don't want to do that home."

"I'll stay with you."

"Nonsense! You need to rest, you practiced and filmed all day!" I protested but it was no use, Mark was already out of his coat.

"I won't let you roam the streets all alone at night. Even if you know the way to your house." He gave me a persuasive look and all I could do was sigh.

"But..."

"I won't take that as an answer!" He exclaimed and took my hand, pulling me in a room where I could edit in peace. He sat down on the couch in the corner while I sat down in front of one of the computers.

When I decided to go back home, two hours and a half had passed. I was not done but it was good enough for today. Mark had been watching videos on his phone the whole time.

"Mark?" He looked up at me.

"Are you done?" He asked

"For today, yes. Let's go." I stood up and grabbed my coat. I then looked at my watch and saw it was a little bit past midnight.

"I asked my manager to leave a car for us so we don't have to walk in the cold." He said and I nodded, that was a relief because the temperatures were below 0°C. We left the building and got to the parking lot. He unlocked the car and got in. I did the same.

"I don't need to ask your address." He looked at me and chuckled. I just smiled. The ride was silent but nowhere near awkward.

"Hey (Y/N)." Mark suddenly said.

"Mh?"

"You never thought about leaving that toxic home?" He asked abruptly and I almost choked on air.

"I thought about it but I don't have enough money to actually move out. It would change everything though." I sighed and he stopped the car in front of my house.

"Well... I have a solution but I don't know if you'd accept." He said and I looked at him with a questioning look.

"What?"

"I recently moved out of the dorm. Jackson and I live together in a big apartment and we have a spare room. You could move in with us and be our roommate. You wouldn't have to pay for anything bill wise, I would only ask you to put in some money for food." What he said made my jaw drop to the floor.

"I... I don't know, this is really... Really generous. I don't even think it would be reasonable to accept." I looked down at my hands and started thinking hard. Would I? Could I?

"You may see this as an act of pity but it's nowhere near pity. I just want you to be happy." He took my left hand in his and looked at me.

"Are you sure?" I asked, suddenly feeling lighter. Somehow, Mark had an effect on me.

"A hundred percent sure. But if you don't want that, I'm fine with it." He replied and all I did was hug him. He hugged me back and when we pulled back, he said we'd talk more about it the next day. I left the car and entered my house, feeling light as a feather. Plus, everyone was sleeping.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: I'm slowly starting to get a few views and it makes me really happy. I would like to thank everyone who takes their time to read my story, I really hope you enjoy it so far. Thank you a lot!