Chapter 33

Another trial. That time it was going to be different, though. It had been a month and a half, almost two, since Seulki had been arrested. I had a feeling that I alone would have difficulties putting her behind bars, but there was also Daeun and JYP Entertainment that wanted her to be stopped. Somehow, I thought JYP Entertainment would be the strongest out of all of us. They could use several factors from my case and Daeun's case to point out how dangerous she could be to them. Seulki was indeed a dangerous person, she could kill to get what she wanted.

I was sitting with Daeun during the trial. Mark was not there, and JYP had sent a representative to give Wonpil's side of the story.

Since the trial was covering three cases, I didn't have to talk much. Besides, my lawyer was doing most of the talking. Daeun was holding my hand the whole time. I felt bad for her, because our father was there. She hadn't seen him at all ever since she came back to Korea, and we didn't even know who he was there for.

At least, our mother was there. We all gave our version of the story, mine was much longer though, because I was the target in more situations.

Seulki was there, she was wearing a green prison uniform. Her face looked completely guilt-free as she looked at people around the courtroom. Her answers were short and she didn't deny anything. She admitted she'd tried to literally kill me by trying to make me eat avocado, she admitted she'd tried to shoot Daeun, she admitted she'd tried to hurt Wonpil.

Her motive: I had stolen her boyfriend, Mark Tuan.

When she said that, some people in the audience laughed but were quickly cut off by the judge.

JYPE's lawyer had to chime in at that moment, for Mark wasn't meant to be dragged into this. It seemed we had forgotten he was her motive all along. I started sweating, as they probably would ask me questions. And they did.

"Miss Song (Y/N), would you stand up please?" The judge asked and I obeyed. My hands were stuck together in front of my legs. I had to keep the relationship secret, but I was still going to say the truth: Mark was close to me and we were roommates. "Would you please enlighten on Miss Song Seulki's motive?"

"I am close to Mark Tuan and we are roommates, your honor. I can assure you I didn't steal anyone from anyone, they were not together in the first place." I said, keeping my head up and speaking with confidence. The judge nodded. He was clearly on our side. As I finished my sentence, Seulki started fuming. She stood up and began yelling, she had to be taken out of the courtroom.

The trial seemed to take forever and I was so happy to hear 'Verdict in a week'. Daeun and I stood up and I immediately pulled her in my arms. We hugged for a moment until our mother joined the hug. I saw she had tears streaming down her face when we pulled away from each other.

"Mommy please don't cry." I said as I looked at her. She took my face in her hands and looked up at me. She was a very short woman and I was towering her.

"You grew up so fast and I wasn't even there for you." She said, pulling me in her arms. Daeun was looking at us with a sad smile.

"You've always been there, mom. I just wasn't reaching out." I said.

The three of us walked out of the room and I saw my dad sitting on one of the seats in the hallway with my stepmother next to him. I decided to ignore him, but it was obviously not what he wanted to do. Once he saw us, he stood up and started making his way towards us.

"(Y/N)." I heard him call my name as I was trying to get away with my mom and Daeun. I cursed under my breath and turned around.

"What?" My voice came out harsher than I'd have hoped. He seemed taken aback by that.

"I'm sorry." He said. I sighed and looked at him straight in the eye.

"You should've been sorry earlier." I said and walked away.

"I'll never forgive you for what you put her through." I heard my mom say as I was getting farther away from them.

As we left the tribunal, shivering from the cold December weather, I slipped my phone out of my pocket but could see no message or call. Mark must have been busy. However, when I looked up, I saw a similar car with dark windows. It was Mark's car. I frowned and walked up to it, the window was rolled down and I started seeing the face of my boyfriend, hidden by sunglasses and a mask.

"What are you doing here?" I smiled softly at him. He lowered his sunglasses just a little bit for me to see his beautiful brown eyes.

"Am I not allowed to pick up my beautiful girlfriend?" He said and I could see the smile behind his mask. I shook my head with a smile plastered on my face.

"Is there enough room for my mother and my sister? We came here by taxi." I asked him. He nodded frantically and let me go get my family. As I got away from the car, he rolled the window back up.

I told Daeun and my mom that Mark had come to pick us up, and we all went to the car and got in. Mark had taken his sunglasses and mask off but, since the windows were tinted, no one could see inside.

"Hello, Mark." Daeun said as she got in the backseat.

"Hey noona." He said with a smile. I would have got jealous if it hadn't been my sister. My mom greeted Mark as well and sat next to Daeun as I took the passenger seat next to Mark. When I was seated, Mark leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek, my face slowly grew hot.

"Adorable." My mom said, my face warmed up even more.

"Let's get home." I said, sighing a bit as Mark started driving away from the tribunal.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: Happy New Year, guys! I hope 2019 will be full of good things for you! I hope you like the chapter, let me know if you see any typo or grammatical error!