Chapter 28

I groaned when I heard my alarm go off. I wasn't even supposed to go to work today, so I had basically woken up for nothing. It was still dark outside and Mark had not been woken up by the alarm I had stopped by then. He was sleeping soundly and a strand of his hair was resting on top of his closed eyes. He looked like an angel.

I turned around so I could face him, seeing him sleep so peacefully was very soothing, it made me smile. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but after what seemed like forever, I just decided to get up. Sleeping again was not an option, even though I was still tired.

I decided to take a shower, so I slowy and gently slipped out of my bed and threw a glance at Mark. He didn't move an inch. I got some clothes from my drawer, set them down on my bed and entered the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I stripped out of my pajamas, stepped in the shower and turned the water on.

The cold water made me flinch but the temperature slowly warmed up. I didn't stay there for long, just long enough for me to clear my fuzzy, sleepy mind. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my body and realized I had not brought my clothes to the bathroom, they were still on my bed. I cursed internally but had no choice other than go out there and fetch them. I slowly opened the door in case Mark was still asleep but I then stopped in my tracks when I had stepped out of the room.

Mark was sitting on the edge of my bed, facing me with wide eyes. His gaze went up and down my figure and his ears turned red. I was pretty sure my cheeks had changed to a crimson shade as I held the towel close to my body. We just looked at each other for a few seconds before he shook his head and quickly turned around.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to look!" He said, noticing my clothes next to him, and he handed them to me while keeping his eyes away from me. Saying I was embarrassed was an understatement, but I also felt like I had no reason to be. He hadn't seen anything since the towel was hiding everything, and actually, I had seen him half naked as well.

"I-It's okay. I don't mind." I said, taking my clothes from him, but quickly realized my mistake. 'I don't mind'? Of course I minded at least a little! Yet it wasn't his fault. I saw his eyes get wide with confusion and he turned his head to me. However, he made sure to only look at my face.

"I kinda don't believe you when you say you don't mind." He quickly said, then turned his head back to the side while his cheeks were reddening.

"I... Uh..." I started but then ran back into the bathroom. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and started getting dressed. I gasped seeing I had forgotten my bra. Way to make this even more awkward. I knocked on the door and called for Mark.

"Are you okay?" He asked through the door.

"Yeah I just... I just forgot to take my bra. It should still be on the bed, can you give it to me?" I sighed and heard him clear his throat. Then there was a knock on the door and I opened it just enough for Mark to put his hand in the room so he could give me my bra, which he did.

When I was fully clothed, I went out of the bathroom and saw Mark lying down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I let out a breath and went to lie down next to him.

"I'm sorry if you were uncomfortable earlier." He said, still looking straight ahead, but I felt his hand slip into mine. I gave it a gentle squeeze.

"It's not your fault. Plus, you'll see me one day or another." I bit my lip while telling him that. Too soon for another next step? Probably. That was most likely also the reason why I was awkward. But Mark looked at me with slight shock.

"Don't feel pressured to start anything of that genre if you're not ready." He sat up, looking down at me with soft eyes. I sighed.

"I don't. But I'm keeping that in mind." I smiled at him and sat up as well to peck his cheek. I then left him in the room and made my way to the kitchen. Jackson was sitting on the couch and I was rather surprised to see him up that early.

"How are you awake?" I chuckled, making him look up from his phone.

"I could ask the same to you. We're on a day off and we can't even sleep." He groaned. Mark appeared in the room and sat down next to Jackson. He had his hands in the front pockets of his hoodie.

"Do you want to do something today?" I asked them as I walked out of the kitchen with a cup of tea in my hand.

"I'll take you out." Mark said, not even allowing Jackson to say anything. The latter looked quite shocked.

"I wouldn't want to be a third wheel anyway." He said, getting Mark to laugh softly.

"Out? Isn't it risky?" I looked down at my hands with a thoughtful expression. I would love to go on a date with Mark. An official one at least. But he was an idol. A relationship with an idol was very different than a normal relationship. There was the schedules, the very clingy fans and the risk of rumors and dating scandals. I just wanted to preserve Mark from scandals that could ruin his career, like it did for so many other idols. If you were to believe some fans, love was forbidden to idols. Not only was it risky for fans, but Seulki was still on the run.

"I'll make it work. Trust me." Mark said as he took my hands in his, and looked at me with those soft eyes of his.