Chapter 37

During the party, I tried staying a little bit with every person I knew, and I tried not to stick around Mark too much. It was a hard thing to do, but it was becoming a routine when we were in public. I had to tolerate Yugyeom and BamBam's teasing the whole time, which made the whole situation more difficult.

"Noona, how do you hide it so well?" Yugyeom asked me with curiosity.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him while raising my eyebrows.

"The relationship. Y'know, you and hyung." He said and I got surprised by his sudden seriousness about it. When Yugyeom got curious, it was usually to get new topics to tease me about.

"Oh... Well, it just can't be helped. It's better for you guys. Idols dating is a very sensitive subject, it either destroys an idol or gets a lot of support. I think it's unfair that some idols get support and others get thrown under the bus for doing the same thing." I shrugged and looked at him as he nodded slowly.

"That's true. I mean, our fans are very supportive, I doubt they'd be mad at us for dating, but we can't predict what will happen once one of us openly declares he's dating someone." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jackson came up to us with a huge smile on his face.

"Serious business." Yugyeom replied with a grin, and Jackson raised his eyebrows.

"You can talk about serious things?" He chuckled, patting the younger man's back. I smirked while shaking my head. I then felt my phone buzz in my purse and took it out to check what it was. I had recieved a text.

"Come to our practice room" It was from Mark. I smiled down at my phone.

"I'll be back guys." I told Yugyeom and Jackson and walked away from them to get to Mark. I wandered through the empty walls of the company, and once I'd reached the door of the practice room, I couldn't help but look around to see if no one was there. When I was sure I was completely alone, I opened the door and got inside the room, where the lights were turned off. When I switched the lights on, I saw that Mark was sitting down on the floor, his back pressed against the wall. When he saw me, he smiled.

"Hey there." I grinned back at him and walked towards him. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down on his lap. I gasped at his sudden move and gently slapped his chest once I was on his lap.

"I was missing you." He said and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

"So was I, but we can't be gone for too long. It'd be suspicious." I rested my hand at the back of his head and tangled my fingers in his hair. I then felt him sigh against my skin.

"I heard you talk with Yugyeom. Do you think we could hide ourselves for much longer?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"Yes. We have to." I told him as he backed away ever so slightly to look at me. "I don't even think I'd like JYP to know for now." I added. Mark hummed, and let out yet another sigh.

"You're right." He just said, standing up and pulling me up on my feet as well.

"Are you enjoying the party?" I asked him and fixed his tie slightly.

"Yeah. Christmas parties are always fun at JYPE." He chuckled lightly, making me smile up at him.

"I'm glad I got invited this year." I said, lowering my hands to his. We then heard the door open and we literally jumped away from each other. Thankfully, it was Jaebum who had entered the room.

"JYP is looking for you, (Y/N)." He said and I instantly felt a bit anxious.

"He didn't look mad, don't worry." He added and I felt Mark kiss my cheek.

"Don't make him wait, he doesn't like it." Mark chuckled, pushing me out of the room.

I didn't have much difficulty in finding JYP, I just looked around a bit and spotted him in the crowd. I then walked up to him.

"You were looking for me, sir?" I asked him once he had turned around and looked at me.

"Ah yes, come with me." He said, and I followed him away from the room. "I've recieved news about the verdict." He added.

"News?" I got confused but then my mind wandered to the trial from the week before. "Oh, right. But, why haven't I recieved any news?" I wondered aloud.

"The company's lawyer was the first one to know so I got notified earlier." He said and I nodded. "We won. Song Seulki is going to be incarcerated for fifteen years, mainly because of illegal use of a firearm." JYP added and I felt happiness wash over me.

"Oh my God..." I whispered, feeling my knees weaken. She was finally going to actually pay for her actions, and I couldn't believe it.

"Enjoy the rest of the night." JYP said and walked away. BamBam spotted me as I stumbled back in the room where the party was going on. He was smiling when he walked up to me.

"Are you alright?" He asked me and I nodded frantically, wiping away a small tear that had escaped my eye.

"Yes. I just... My stepsister is going to jail." I blurted out and BamBam immediately pulled me in his arms to hug me. I hugged back and chuckled.

It could sound weird to be happy about someone being locked up for fifteen years, but when that someone could kill you for living your life, you end up feeling light as a feather.

"That's great! Does Mark hyung know?" He asked me once he had pulled away from the hug. I shook my head.

"No, JYP just told me." I replied, feeling my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"Go tell him!" BamBam gently pushed me away from him, and I chuckled.

I just had to find Mark.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: I'm so glad I'm posting again, it took me so long, but it's very satisfactory! Thank you for reading, guys