Chapter 31

Mark had cooked with the help of Jinyoung, Jaebum and Youngjae. They had done a great job and, soon enough, Mark and I were eating dessert.

"I won't believe you if you tell me you made mochi ice cream" I said, referring to the little balls of goodness on my plate.

"I kinda bought them. But I placed them on the plate!" He exclaimed, making me chuckle. I stopped when he put his hand on mine and looked at me with a serious look on his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked, I was confused as he looked serious but not in a bad way.

"I'm fine. (Y/N), it might've been a hundred days only, but..." He started. I began to internally panic as he seemed to look for his words. "I want you to promise me you'll always be by my side."

I felt relief wash over me as I heard the words come out of his mouth. Of course I would stay with him.

"I promise." I said, removing my hand from under his to squeeze it. He took my hand and pulled it towards him. He slipped something on one of my fingers and let go of my hand once he was done.

"Keep that promise ring then. Who knows, someday I might replace it with an engagement one." He winked and my eyes went from his face to the small ring he had slipped on my finger. It was a silver ring, encrusted with a single tiny diamond. It was simple and beautiful. I liked the idea of a promise ring. While it was too early to get engaged, that ring was the material proof of the promise I had just made. I slipped off the ring to examine it further and noticed something carved on the inside. There were our initials, the first letter of his name and the first of mine. I smiled and slipped the ring back on.

"Thank you, Mark." I said and looked at him with soft eyes. He was smiling at me, how I loved that smile and those eyes of his. I could get lost in them.

"Let's finish dessert, I'm gonna be honest and say I wanna slip on a hoodie and sweatpants to watch a movie with you." He said. I laughed at that, but I agreed. I liked being all cosy with Mark. I could even steal a hoodie of his sometimes. They were too big for me, but they were comfortable and they smelled like him. Sleeping with one was pure heaven.

We quickly finished eating and put our plates in the kitchen before going to get changed. I went to get my bag from the corner I had left it in, and made my way to my room.

As I looked through my bag, I noticed that Daeun had not forgotten a single item. Everything was there. I hadn't packed much, but I was still surprised she had put everything in the bag. I took some time to put my things away before taking pajamas and going to the bathroom.

Once inside, I tried to pull down the zipper of the dress but couldn't manage to get it all the way down. Putting it on was one thing, taking it off was another. I tried to grab the zipper again, but after a few minutes, I just gave up. I would need help.

"Mark!" I yelled. I heard a lot of shuffling, then Mark came running inside the room, he even nearly fell down. Maybe I shouldn't have yelled, because he was probably in the process of getting changed, judging by the fact he was only wearing sweat pants. I blushed a bit but shook off the feeling.

"What's wrong?!" He asked, worry evident in his voice and on his face. I wanted to chuckle.

"Nothing. I just... Could you... Could you help me with my dress?" I looked down and bit my lip. I could feel some tension growing and I felt strangely awkward, yet I also felt comfortable. It was all too contradictory and ambiguous. Mark sighed in relief. I caught a glimpse of his bare chest and unknowingly let out a breath.

"Of course." He smiled and walked up to me, stopping right behind me. The next second, I felt his cold fingers on my back as he started to zip down my dress. I felt a shiver go down my spine. I wanted to shake off the feeling, but I simply couldn't. I turned around and looked at Mark in seriousness.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and grabbed my hands. My eyes drifted from his face to his bare chest. I got my hands out of his grip and placed them on his shoulders. His skin was warm against my palms.

"I'm okay." I sighed, keeping my gaze low. I wanted to feel close to him, I wanted him to hold me.

"Sweetie, you're not usually like that." He said. Sweetie. That was the first time he didn't call me by my name. I was surprised, as I thought of it, that we didn't have any nicknames. That nickname though, did not help with my overwhelming feelings.

I just pulled him closer, it was easy enough since my hands were already resting on his shoulders. I crashed my lips on his, his breath was warm against my skin. I felt myself grow desperate. As his arms snaked around my waist, mine wrapped around his neck. I deepened the kiss by pulling him even closer to me. His lips were soft and warm, they were driving me even more insane. I slipped my hands from his neck to his face and gently bit down on his lower lip. He got surprised as he gasped and I took advantage of the situation to slip my tongue past his lips. I heard him groan slightly but then he gently pushed me away.

"What's gotten into you?" He very softly giggled and carressed my cheek. I sighed, not answering, and pulled him in again. This time, he went along with it. One thing led to another, my dress slipped off my body, and ever so slowly, while kissing me and running his hands on my sides, Mark led me to my bed.

◇◇◇

A/N: More than 2k reads. This is all too surreal, thank you so very much!