Chapter 21

In the days that followed, GOT7 got caught in the middle of rumors. Pictures of Mark and Jackson standing before Seulki to protect me were all over the internet, Ahgases had questions and they were putting a lot of pressure on the guys to get answers.

Early in the morning, Park Jinyoung and GOT7's manager had us three sitting in front of them to understand what had happened.

"Make it quick." The manager's strictness made me sulk deeper into my chair.

"(Y/N) was threatened. We chased the girl away." Jackson answered straight away, not taking his eyes off the two men that were drilling holes into our skulls with their glares.

"Was it a sasaeng?" JYP asked while sighing heavily. Mark kept silent at all times.

"We don't know." Jackson remained the one giving all the answers.

"We'll tell the press it was a sasaeng and that you were protecting your staff. It could be good for your overall image." The manager turned around and walked out with JYP on his heels, leaving us completely dumbfounded. I stood up, feeling the urge to walk, and my feet started to move on their own.

"I'll move out." I said, getting Mark to jump off his chair with shock written all over his features.

"What?" He and Jackson almost yelled but managed to remain somewhat quiet.

"I don't want to cause scandals." I explained, keeping my back to them as I hugged myself while biting my lower lip.

"You didn't cause any scandal, the outcome of this won't even be negative." Mark placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face him, his eyes were showing signs of shock, sadness and a bit of betrayal. After all, he was the reason I was not living with my father anymore.

"And what will the outcome of the next rumor be? How can you tell it won't get out of hand?" I wanted to go for the sake of his career, even if I got hurt in the process. My small outburst had shut Mark's mouth, and he looked at me for a few seconds before rushing out of the room. Jackson followed him, but stopped before having completely walked out. 

"Think about it." He said, throwing a glance at me, and left me alone to contemplate my options. I hoped Daeun could help me with that.

~

Mark was avoiding me the whole day and when I was done working, I couldn't even see him because he was practicing.

I came to find Daeun who was waiting for me in a small coffee shop. She smiled brightly when she saw me, and embraced me before sitting back down.

"Unnie, I have a problem." I breathed out and let myself fall on the chair in front of her. She already had ordered a drink for me, hot chocolate, as I drank a lot of it with her when I was a child.

"Is it about Mark?" She sipped on her coffee. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to glare at her. I simply nodded me head and hid my face behind my cup.

"I need to move out. It's risky for me to stay around them so much." I mumbled, she looked at me with sad eyes. She knew he was an idol and she knew about Seulki threatening me in the parking lot of the company. She understood where I was coming from. However, she had no idea I was in a relationship with him.

"You didn't find an apartment already, did you?" She asked, placing her cup in front of her on the table. I shook my head, I really wanted to, but I would need a few days to find a new accommodation.

"I don't want Mark's reputation to be tarnished because of me." All I could do was sigh thinking about the situation. I could push through, yes, but Mark was not a regular man with a regular job, he constantly had eyes on him.

"Do you want to stay with me for the time being? Enough to find a place of your own." She suggested. How had I not thought about that earlier?

"That would be gr-" I started but my attention was drawn outside when I saw Seulki standing on the opposite street, looking straight at me while people passed by her without paying any attention to her. I looked at Daeun in panick before turning my eyes back outside. She had... disappeared. I stood up, rushed outside and looked around. I couldn't see her anywhere so I crossed the street and almost got ran over in the process. I fell to my knees, panting. Had I hallucinated? Surely not. I stayed there for a few minutes before Daeun ran to me and leaned down to look at me with worry.

"What happened?" She sounded desperate and I could feel my heart thump against my ribcage. The way Seulki looked at me reminded me of a horror movie, and I could quickly become the main victim.

~

Daeun brought me home after I had regained my senses, and when Mark saw me, he ran to me, almost tripping on his own feet. It was even surprising to see him home that early when he was in promotion.

"Where were you? I was worried sick!" He grasped at my hands and I looked down. I really felt sorry for myself.

"We were outside together and she sort of went crazy." Daeun told Mark whose eyes drifted from me to her. You could see the confusion in his eyes.

"Mark, I'll stay with Daeun until the whole thing with Seulki in the parking lot dies down." I said, regaining his attention. He straightened his back and let out a breath while nodding.

"You're not really moving out then?" His question made me think a bit. I wouldn't be able to stand it if I lived away from him. Just the thought of staying with Daeun for a while was driving me nuts, as much as I loved my sister.

I looked at Mark and shook my head.

"I'll be back."